Tutorials at MARF

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Tutorials at MARF

Post by sloop_john_b »

Last MARF, there were tutorials on pulling truss rods, adjusting them, and giving guitars the Scratch-X/Zymol treatment (or so I'm told, I slept through all that! :lol: ). I'm assuming we'll be doing similar things again this year.

Would any of you be interested in doing a pickup installation tutorial? I'm expecting a custom-wound toaster from John A. in the mail this week that I plan on putting in the neck position of my v68 bass, to replace the dead dummy pickup it's been sporting for over a year (I have 4000 envy!). Usually I would just have Chris do something like that, but I'm willing to offer my bass up to science if any of you are interested in tackling this. I would love to learn how to do it myself. :)
8mileshigh

Re: Tutorials at MARF

Post by 8mileshigh »

Tutorials would be great!!! Bring 'em on.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

I think this is a definite possibility; I assume Chris has soldering tools at POTR.

I think all the workshops were held while you and Jdog were performing all of DSOTM. What are you two planning for this one, The Wall? :mrgreen:
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

jps wrote:I think this is a definite possibility; I assume Chris has soldering tools at POTR.

I think all the workshops were held while you and Jdog were performing all of DSOTM. What are you two planning for this one, The Wall? :mrgreen:
Nope, it was definitely first thing in the morning on Sunday; I know because there's a photo of Jdog "delivering" a truss rod. :lol:

As for this year, does anyone know how to play "Arnold Layne"?
beatlefreak

Post by beatlefreak »

Some other ideas for tutorials (I prefer to call them clinics): Soldering 101, bypassing the tone cap, installing the push/pull tone switch, etc.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Can we get a primer/demonstration on how to apply CV to a guitar? :lol:
windchimp
Intermediate Member

Post by windchimp »

jps wrote:Can we get a primer/demonstration on how to apply CV to a guitar? :lol:
Chilled Vodka? :lol:
"Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time"
collin

Post by collin »

sloop_john_b wrote: As for this year, does anyone know how to play "Arnold Layne"?
Ah, bummer I won't be there, that's easily in my top ten songs of all time. Best PF tune at least....

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”