Trotty's USA adventure 2008

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

paologregorio

Re: Trotty's USA adventure 2008

Post by paologregorio »

kennyhowes wrote:I feel a little ripped off now - I was watching the weather and all for when I was out there, and I thought it was going to be stooopid cold with snow and stuff. I EVEN BROUGHT A SCARF! At long last, my chance to wear a scarf!

Alas, all the wacky cold stuff didn't happen until I left. Ah well.
Kenny, Scarves look cool, just wear one-they're a hip fashion accessory; I wear one any time the temperature drops below 70 degrees.

It was in the 50s last night when I picked up Trotty, which I thought was cold, but evidently it's toasty warm to Trotty, who reported experiencing ZERO degrees a couple of days back on the East Coast. Geez, I'm glad I live in So. Cal!
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

Trotty, Joey, Diane, Kenny, Deb, Alison, and I had a great time at lunch yesterday at "Super Mex" restaurant in the Belmont Shore section of Long Beach, after which we had a fun visit and some shopping at the "Buffalo Exchange" clothing store and "Fingerprints" Records store across the street. Darren picked up a great shot/narrow-brimmed early 60s style Fedora in a black/white houndstooth pattern, along with a pair of closely matching checkered frame, slightly tinted lense, Buddy Holly style glasses for the trip home.

All to soon it was time to take Trotty to the airport, where Joey, Diane and I bade him a tearful farewell and wishes for a safe trip for the long flight home.
mgauction
Advanced Member

Post by mgauction »

You know how to treat them well, Paul! Super Mex is a favorite of mine. Now you've got me going. I'll have to stop there when I visit relitives next month in Long Beach.
Leprosy is rare & scarce but nobody wants that!
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

paologregorio wrote:All to soon it was time to take Trotty to the airport, where Joey, Diane and I bade him a tearful farewell and wishes for a safe trip for the long flight home.
Yeah, he got us again, he always does! :( :wink:
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”