Okay, who's up for a Minicon on Wed eve 11/26?

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

paologregorio

Re: Okay, who's up for a Minicon on Wed eve 11/26?

Post by paologregorio »

s4001 wrote:Thanks for putting it together, Paul. It was a fun night.
My pleasure, Scott. :D I'm glad you could make it. Thanks for bringing a friend with you to play drums(please extend to him a personal thank you from me :D ), and for allowing me to play a song or two on your lovely bass. :D

Geez, I was sitting around last night and there were a bunch more songs we probably could have jammed on as well. We didn't play any R.E.M., and I can't believe that we left out "I Saw Her Standing There", which is relatively speaking, probably one of the simplest Beatles songs to play. and a good rocker as well.

On the other hand, I really enjoyed playing The Church's "Under the Milky Way".
:D :D

We'll shoot for another one in January after the holidays. I think we're going to shoot for the weekend right after NAMM; some of the out-of-town forum members attending NAMM should still be around, so I think we can squeeze on in that weekend. :D
s4001

Post by s4001 »

That's a fabulous idea. However, I think we may need more than one room. :D
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

It was a great time, indeed. I have a bunch of pictures as well as video, but I am out of town so I will post the pics later. I may need help with the vids.
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
Danotron
Intermediate Member

Post by Danotron »

I just wanted to say THANKS to everyone (especially Paul for organizing it) for the good time last week.

I had a blast!

I promise to play closer attention to the list of songs next time so I can be a little more prepared.

I also promise to bring a corkscrew.
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Danotron wrote:I just wanted to say THANKS to everyone (especially Paul for organizing it) for the good time last week.

I had a blast!

A BIG +1 and special thanks to Paul for organizing this session.

It was great to see everybody .
A great way to start the Thanksgiving holidays !!!
I also have some pictures, but I have to re-size them to post ....

Regards
Rich F.
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

8mileshigher wrote:A BIG +1 and special thanks to Paul for organizing this session.

It was great to see everybody ..
Agreed!! I'm glad Paul got this together. I hope it's the start of doing this at least a few times a year.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

Thanks for the pictures. Looks like it was a really fun time. What a venue too. Kudos to Paul for organizing.
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

paologregorio wrote:
s4001 wrote: On the other hand, I really enjoyed playing The Church's "Under the Milky Way".
:D :D

We'll shoot for another one in January after the holidays. I think we're going to shoot for the weekend right after NAMM; some of the out-of-town forum members attending NAMM should still be around, so I think we can squeeze on in that weekend. :D

Paul -- that solo you did on "Under the Milky Way" sounded great.... what effects were you using to duplicate that "synthesized electric bagpipe" solo (or whatever it was) that The Church used on their original ??

It was a lot of fun jammin' with all the Forumites and that post-NAMM idea sounds good !
Regards - Rich F.
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

8mileshigher wrote:Paul -- that solo you did on "Under the Milky Way" sounded great.... what effects were you using to duplicate that "synthesized electric bagpipe" solo (or whatever it was) that The Church used on their original ??
Thanks Rich, that's quite a compliment. :D I used an Ebow and delay, and sort of hammer on/off trills, which is pretty much what Peter Koppes did for the original. I had been wondering how it was played and sort of stumbled onto the answer via comments made by the individual who posted the Church video on You Tube. In the comments he mentioned that Peter Koppes used an Ebow to play the solo when he saw them live, So I tried it with my delay pedal to get that same effect. :D :D
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

paologregorio wrote: :D I used an Ebow and delay, and sort of hammer on/off trills, which is pretty much what Peter Koppes did for the original. :D :D
Pretty cool, Paul.

Regards
Rich F.
kennyhowes
Veteran RRF member

Post by kennyhowes »

8mileshigh wrote:Debs on bass? Cool :D
Got that right!

Turns out she was in a band with Danotron back in the '90s!
Danotron
Intermediate Member

Post by Danotron »

Ahh yes the 90's, I replied to an ad in the Recycler for a band that was looking for a guitar player. I had just moved from San Clemente up to Costa Mesa and thought it sounded cool. The band was called Eleven Sons and I remember Deb had a Ric bass. I was sold. I met my wife, Jennifer, in that band. She was the keyboard player. We're still together.

It was a special treat to see Deb again at that Minicon Jam, quite a surprise.............small world out there.

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”