MARF Thank You

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

MARF Thank You

Post by rickenbrother »

Chris and Shelby Clayton really know how to put on an incredible confluence. And if the confluence was not enough, a great party immediately following in the evening. I can't thank Chris and Shelby enough. I had a really great time. You guys rock!! It was definitely well worth making the trip for!
I also have to thank Chris for that favor he did for me.
Looking forward to the next MARF!!
Shelby and Chris
Shelby and Chris
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Re: MARF Thank You

Post by jdogric12 »

Oh we have to be serious now????? :) HUNH?

Yes, thanks Chris and Shelby for throwing the best party ever!
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

jdogric12aolcom wrote:Yes, thanks Chris and Shelby for throwing the best party ever!
PLUS ONE. What a freaking great confluence!!
8mileshigh

Post by 8mileshigh »

+ 1...............best EVER!

Thanks Chris, Shelby and Mr Simmons :D
desertgoldenboy

Post by desertgoldenboy »

Best time I've had with my clothes on (try NOT to picture that)! :oops:

Thank you Shelby & Chris for a fantastic day! And thanks for letting me sub for Steve in The Toonz! It was a blast!
stringsncords
Intermediate Member

Post by stringsncords »

WOW - what an awesome experience! MARF was beyond belief; so many GREAT people, and so many beautiful instruments. It was so good meeting all of you, and finally being able to put the faces with the names that I've been seeing for so long in this wonderful forum. Kenny Howes, John Simmons, and I were saying that it is truly a brotherhood (and sisterhood) of extraordinarily fortunate people, sharing the joys of "RickWorld", and being able to get together at such a marvelous confluence to share our good fortune at owning some of the most awesome musical instruments in the world. It was truly a great day, and I'm so sorry that I had to miss the afterparty (I had a gig!), and subsequent TOONZ concert and jam session - it must have been great fun, and I look forward to reading more reports - keep 'em coming!
Many thanks to Shelby and Chris for putting on such a wonderful event - everything was absolutely perfect, and I will wear my new MARF tee shirt proudly!
Finally, thanks to RIC for making the instruments that fuel our passions, which makes all of these good feelings possible!
Looking forward to the next MARF already!
Bob
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Three cheers for Chris and Shelby.

"Rickenbacker, Rickenbacker, Rickenbacker."

Your efforts have surely been appreciated by all who were present and all who were not. Thanks.

The virtual visit arranged for Tony was priceless.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
marc61

Post by marc61 »

Bet Fender and Gibson could never bring a group of people like this together. Rickenbacker should be as proud of these gatherings as they are of their product.

Yes big time kudos to the Claytons for their generosity, and of course John Simmins for making sure it happened.

Well, my kid told me the first Ric he wants..believe it or not, he is intrigued by the lap steel...go figure.
mrs_brown
Intermediate Member

Post by mrs_brown »

Thank you again John, Chris and Shelby.. not only do you put on a fabulous event but you make each and every person feel welcome and at home. I had an incredible time, but I had no doubt that it would be anything but incredible. A wise person once told me that "A family that Rics together Rocks together!" I think that sums up the experience quite well. Thank you again for your hospitality, your generousity, and all of your time and effort. It is truly appreciated. :D
dcflash

Post by dcflash »

Thank you Chris & Shelby, for hosting an unforgettable event. Thank you to all of our new friends! The weather, the wood, the conversations, the music. Just when you thought it couldn't get any better...the food, the fun....the MUSIC!!!! INCREDIBLE!! Everyone rocked!! We are looking so forward to the next gathering! This one was "MARFalous!!
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

admin wrote:Three cheers for Chris and Shelby.

"Rickenbacker, Rickenbacker, Rickenbacker."

Your efforts have surely been appreciated by all who were present and all who were not. Thanks.

The virtual visit arranged for Tony was priceless.
My thanks too to Chris (for having wireless lan in the store) :twisted:, Joey and everyone else who stopped by during my short visit on cyber-Confluence! LOL

Peter, words can't express just how cool that virtual visit was.......it was beyond amazing......not to forget poor Joey had to carry ME AROUND (cue "carry that weight" from Abbey Road :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ) for a solid hour trying to show me EACH & EVERY GUITAR, meet as many people as we could find, let me listen in to a jam session, the list goes on and on. I've NEVER had so much fun not leaving the house! :twisted:

I shot at least 40 pictures off of the video, I just can't find where my laptop put them! I'll post the view from my end as soon as I can find the file they are hidden in!

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE.
windchimp
Intermediate Member

Post by windchimp »

...let me chime in also with a great BIG THANK-YOU to Chris, Shelby and John for getting all of this organized and executed - it all just "flowed" so nicely. 130 Ricks!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: What a turnout!!!

All topped off with an absolute blast of a party that blew me away. I'll never listen to "Won't Get Fooled Again" the same way again - the guys were animals!! :twisted:

...and if that wasn't enough, something followed me home... :wink:
"Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time"
leftyguitars
Advanced Member

Post by leftyguitars »

rickenbrother wrote: I also have to thank Chris for that favor he did for me
I daren't ask! :shock:
"If only quilted maple grew on trees!"
http://www.leftyguitars.co.uk
deaconblues
RRF Consultant

Post by deaconblues »

Thanks everyone! What a wonderful and knowledgeable group of people!

It was such a shock to walk into that room! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Highlights for me: JB's 360F, John Simmons' 325c58 and '64 360/12, Kevin's 360/12 CW... :D

And of course, the AQUABASS!
ricaddic
Intermediate Member

Post by ricaddic »

Thank you Chris and Shelby, you guys rule, knowing you guys for almost three years now, there was never any doubt in my mind that this event would be 1st class top shelve, absolutly FAB.Thank you for welcomeing me to it, Oh and dont want to leave John out, your the goods, you are really the goods it was good to see everyone I met last year, plus some new people this year, but the highlight of this year after 3 yrs in the makeing was to finally meet in the flesh, my very dear friend, idol, and fello gomba, Mr Joey Vasco (Patron Saint of Bass Players ) but if that wasent enough, the iceing on the cake was to also meet his sweet, kind, lovely and beautiful wife Diane ( it was my pleasure Diane, you are a true sweetheart )they say behind every good man stands a great women, and so therte goes your proof, Same goes for you Shelby, both Joey and Chris are two very lucky men, it was great to see Graham, Darren (Kieth Moon), Jason, Dave and Lisa Pascoe, Jeffery and Shari Scott, the Garner's the Stones, Mr John Biscuti, Kenny Howles, Daryl my good friend, Etc.Im looking forward to next year, I was bummed I had to leave near the end last night due to the fact I had to work today, I wanted to hang out with all you great people all night, I love all you guy's and gal's, everybody take good care, and please, please, please, have a very safe , pleasent, and memorable Holiday season, I wish everyone the bestest new year ever, see you all soon, Angelo

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”