MARF Thank You

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

jps
RRF Consultant

Re: MARF Thank You

Post by jps »

A very heartfelt thank you from Shari and I to Chris and Shelby for hosting the damn best gathering to date that I have experienced, and to John Simmons for making it all happen. :D These events just keep getting better and better with each one. We even had a very special Shadow at the event. :wink: The party/jam in the evening was more than could have been hoped for. Chris' band was fantastic and thanks to Kenny for leading the way in getting the vibe going and for being the best Pete Townshend 8) I have played with! And Darren proved last night that he is Animal!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: We made a great rhythm section, Darren! :D

We made new friends yesterday, and seeing lots of new faces was wonderful, along with reconnecting with old friends. :D
jumpindave

Post by jumpindave »

Enormous thanks go out to Chris and Shelby for having us all and putting on such a great event. I wished I could have attended the evening event but it was not in the cards this time. It was great catching up with some old friends from the previous shows as well getting to meet and put faces to many others. Yea, I know I don't post much, but I'm around here much more than you would think. I also brought a friend along, (A fellow gearhead) that I haven't seen in about 30 years. I believe he walked around all day with his jaw dropped, amazed at quite the collections that were present. Maybe I can get him to join in the future.
Anyway thanks to all of you, You're very special people.
ben_brown
Advanced Member

Post by ben_brown »

mrs_brown wrote:....A wise person once told me that "A family that Rics together Rocks together!"
I don't remember telling you that honey!... :D
All kidding aside....I have never had such a great time with friends. John, Chris & Shelby made so many people happy! I can't think of any better people to spend time with. I truly had a wonderful time and will remember it for many years to come. I made many new friends and renewd old friendships. Thanks for such a great time!
'73 4001 MG '88 4003S JG '89 4003S FG '91 4003S MG
bitzerguy
RRF Consultant

Post by bitzerguy »

I would also like to send my sincere thanks to John, Chris and Shelby for the best weekend. Your tremendous efforts resulted in a huge success.
...Dean
Never, ever drool on your surf shirt. It wrecks the solo.

660/12FG, 350V63/6FG, 620/6JG, 360WB/6DBG, Dingwall C1 #001, Prestige Heritage Elite FM
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

I would like to echo everyone's sentiments on this fabulous get-together. What a great time of meeting up with old friends and so many new ones! Chris, Shelby, and John - thank you for making such a wonderful experience possible and happen. What a great time. Chris and Shelby, you two are a class act! Thank you both again.
opticnerve
Advanced Member

Post by opticnerve »

WOW! What a great time I had. I must say that the guitars took a backseat to all the nice people I met.
A big thank you to Chris, Shelby and John for making it a great event and to all for making me feel at home!!!
:D
jsod

Post by jsod »

Here, here...well done, Chris, Shelby and John!

With the exception of a wee bit of rain...okay, a LOT of rain...this event was flawless!! It was really great to see all you Rickenbacker gearheads again.

And hats off to Darren and Graham for jumping across a few ponds to get here!

Bravo!!
beatlefreak

Post by beatlefreak »

Absolutely fabulous time. Kudos to all our hosts for a great event that topped last years' MARF. And thanks to everyone who made the effort to show up.
walker
Advanced Member

Post by walker »

Now that the RRF CD 2 project is finished, I can step out into the rest of the world and play catch-up.

I'd like to offer an overdue and heartfelt thanks to John Simmons for organizing a great hang once again, and a big fat giant thanks to Chris and Shelby for offering their time & space to accommodate us all again. The time & space, AND the grub! Them wuz some mighty tasty roast beef sammiches, bubba...

It was great seeing the familiar faces from MARF 2, and equally great meeting others for the first time. Extra special thanks to John Algaier for the last minute bass-sitting!
beatlefreak

Post by beatlefreak »

jsod wrote:With the exception of a wee bit of rain...okay, a LOT of rain...this event was flawless!!
It only rained when anyone was unloading or loading guitars.
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

beatlefreak wrote:
jsod wrote:With the exception of a wee bit of rain...okay, a LOT of rain...this event was flawless!!
It only rained when anyone was unloading or loading guitars.
:lol: :lol: :lol: And that's the truth!
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

walker wrote:... Extra special thanks to John Allgaier for the last minute bass-sitting!
My pleasure Mark - you and Russ had a lot to lose if anything went down. :wink:
tmossman

Post by tmossman »

I would also like to add my thanks and appreciation. I am lucky to have Chris as my local dealer. Each and every interaction with him has been excellent. His customer care and business approach are second to none. This MARF was so well organized and well run it is hard to image that it wasn't handled by a professional events promotion company. Everything was perfect!

Thanks to Dave and John for all the effort getting the event planned. And special thanks to Dave & Lisa for opening their RIC hostel so that so many of the royalty could attend. :D

As a obsessive power pop fan, Kenny Howes is more than just a RIC employee to me (I am a long time fan). To have him play my Ruby 12 and make it sound better than I have ever heard it before was indescribable! (Sorry I hadn't stretched the strings out enough Kenny. :oops: )

Thanks to all who attended as well.
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

I was at the shop today, and Chris told me to pass along to you guys that if you have MARF photos, email them to photos@pickofthericks.com, as he's going to be putting together a gallery of sorts on the site.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

I'm working on it!

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”