Great American Guitar Show

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

marc61

Re: Great American Guitar Show

Post by marc61 »

Darn..wish I had the info..I should have been able to plan for it
chronictown
Veteran RRF member

Post by chronictown »

I'll be there for a couple hours this afternoon. Maybe I'll run into some of you fellers. Thanks for posting this thread - I've been sulking a bit too much lately about having to miss out on MARF this year. GAGS looks pretty cool 8)
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

Yep, probably see you at the POTR booth, Chris. :)
marc61

Post by marc61 »

screw it, i'm heading down..hope to run into you guys there...
ricaddic
Intermediate Member

Post by ricaddic »

Went today, not a minute in the door and I spotted Graham and Darren, walked around then found Chris's display, while there ran into Mr Simmons, Mr Biscuti, Mr Garner, Darren and Graham again and just Missed Dave Pascoe,
marc61

Post by marc61 »

Angelo, I must have walked in almost the moment you did.

I didn't see Steve, but I saw the others.
desertgoldenboy

Post by desertgoldenboy »

Angelo, don't you remember talking to a guy that looked like this?! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I missed most of you guys but I did get to hang with Chris Clayton, John B. and Angelo E. for a bit. AND I came out of there with a (non-Rick) purchase. (Did I say that out loud?)

I've gone to every GAGS for the past 7 or 8 years. Lots of fun and what better way can you think of to get a couple of miles of aerobic exercise?
ben_brown
Advanced Member

Post by ben_brown »

marc61 wrote:Angelo, I must have walked in almost the moment you did.

I didn't see Steve, but I saw the others.
I left around 4:15 You must have just missed me. I arrived around 2:15 so I missed Darren & Graham too.
I did get to sell my 89 4003 though and I got to talk with Chris C, Chris G, Angelo E, John B & John S.
'73 4001 MG '88 4003S JG '89 4003S FG '91 4003S MG
12_strings

Post by 12_strings »

Any comments on the prices on the non-Rickenbacker guitars in this economy?
leftybass
RRF Consultant

Post by leftybass »

12_strings wrote:Any comments on the prices on the non-Rickenbacker guitars in this economy?
Out of hand. Anything of any substance is big bucks...I saw some stunning old Martins I'd love to have, but I need a lottery winning to make it happen. Dunno how much was moving out the door, though...
ricaddic
Intermediate Member

Post by ricaddic »

desertgoldenboy wrote:Angelo, don't you remember talking to a guy that looked like this?! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I missed most of you guys but I did get to hang with Chris Clayton, John B. and Angelo E. for a bit. AND I came out of there with a (non-Rick) purchase. (Did I say that out loud?)

I've gone to every GAGS for the past 7 or 8 years. Lots of fun and what better way can you think of to get a couple of miles of aerobic exercise?
Oh my god, yes Ken , a thousand apologies, when I type I dont look at the screen and some how didnt type your name, no direspect intended, I saw Ken there yesterday too, hey leftybass, talk about lottery winnings, I could have used some myself, first off I would have bought, John Biscuti's Chris Squire,bass, there was a Ampeg AEB bass there I would have bought, and several Telecaster basses I liked, And there was one fireglo 4000.
chronictown
Veteran RRF member

Post by chronictown »

sloop_john_b wrote:Yep, probably see you at the POTR booth, Chris. :)
Great hangin' with you guys at the POTR display. Fun show! John - thanks for showing me those 360F/12s. Absolutely stunning!
marc61

Post by marc61 »

leftybass wrote:
12_strings wrote:Any comments on the prices on the non-Rickenbacker guitars in this economy?
Out of hand. Anything of any substance is big bucks...I saw some stunning old Martins I'd love to have, but I need a lottery winning to make it happen. Dunno how much was moving out the door, though...
Interesting because while I saw the big price tags, they all seemed quite negotiable. I saw someone offer 3k on a Fender Jazz the dealer was asking 4K, and the dealer took it. Not sure of year etc...Overheard other dealers asking tire kickers to make them an offer.

Did notice a 72Rick in Azure with some decent wear..dealer was asking 5K...other mid-70's ricks seemed to be 2K and above..
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

desertgoldenboy wrote:AND I came out of there with a (non-Rick) purchase. (Did I say that out loud?)
That's okay Kenn, I ended up with one Rick less and one non-Rick more. :)

Your purchase was really cool, too!

Great chatting with everybody mentioned already. It was a fun day!

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”