Minicon before, during, or after Winter NAMM?

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

paologregorio

Minicon before, during, or after Winter NAMM?

Post by paologregorio »

Hi all,
I’m already thinking ahead to the next Mini confluence, which we were talking about having after the holidays. Since there will likely be a few out of town forum members, I thought that just before, during (?), or just after the NAMM show might be a good time for a confluence. Let me know what y’all think, eh? We could go with the same studio, Bomb Shelter, or another nearby rehearsal studio, Sound Matrix, which is located along the same block, and has a wider stage, which would better accommodate players and amps. Bomb Shelter was pretty nice to us, and provided a nice drum kit, so we might want to consider them as well.
Anyway, here are the dates for NAMM:
Anaheim Convention Center
800 West Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802
Thursday, January 15 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Friday, January 16 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Saturday, January 17 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Sunday, January 18 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Bomb Shelter Studios is having a “recession special” on Saturdays, where rates per hour are cut, so that’s a consideration.
The down side to having it during NAMM weekend is that those of you with NAMM passes or who are NAMM members will likely have better things to do whooping it up at posh after hours shindigs, while if we have one after, it will be on a weeknight, which would kill attendance, unless we held it on the following weekend, but that would mean that our out of town members would have gone home by then.
Let me know what y’all think, eh? I’d like to organize it so we have a better stock of refreshments and snacks this time(nothing too fancy, just enough to pleasantly kill the hunger pangs and quench one's thirst). I couldn’t really fit anything else in my car last time, but I’ll see what I can do for this one. I’ll see if I can entice, coerce, or kidnap a drummer into showing up and playing drums. I know a drummer who knows just about every song we’d want to play (and he’s actually sane!), but getting him out of the house on the weekends is more difficult than…hmm, let me think about that one-I’ll just say it’s extremely difficult! If anyone else knows of a willing drummer, let me (and them) know, eh?
All righty, look forward to hearing from you, and please, as always, contact any fellow forumites you might have regular off-forum contact with who don’t go on the forum as often who live in the area or will be in town that weekend. You can get back to me/discuss it generally via a forum post, a PM to me directly, or via email.
Cheers,
Paul
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Re: Minicon before, during, or after Winter NAMM?

Post by jdogric12 »

There is a 10% chance I may be around.... I'll check on flights today.
kennyhowes
Veteran RRF member

Post by kennyhowes »

I'm up for it...kind of. That Saturday night I've got plans already. Then on Monday & Tuesday immediately following NAMM I have rehearsals each night.
collin

Post by collin »

Sunday would be cool (the 18th)

I could make it.
shamustwin

Post by shamustwin »

Weeknights I work O.T.
johnhall
RIC

Post by johnhall »

kennyhowes wrote:I'm up for it...kind of. That Saturday night I've got plans already. Then on Monday & Tuesday immediately following NAMM I have rehearsals each night.
You should have "plans" for Sunday night as well . . .
kennyhowes
Veteran RRF member

Post by kennyhowes »

johnhall wrote:
kennyhowes wrote:I'm up for it...kind of. That Saturday night I've got plans already. Then on Monday & Tuesday immediately following NAMM I have rehearsals each night.
You should have "plans" for Sunday night as well . . .
Nope, no plans - I gotta work!
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

I think that's the 'plan' ... :lol:
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
s4001

Post by s4001 »

Plan to be Rickenbacking.
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Maybe Kenny just doesn't plan his work.. :lol:
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

kennyhowes wrote:[Nope, no plans - I gotta work!

Is "work" the euphemism for attending those posh, after hours shindigs with NAMMers that Paul was referring to ?

Cheers,
Rich F.
aceonbass
Veteran RRF member

Post by aceonbass »

I'll be working that Saturday till 3:00 then I'm off. Don't know if I'll have a rehearsal Friday night, but I'd like to make it down whichever night is settled on.
kennyhowes
Veteran RRF member

Post by kennyhowes »

8mileshigher wrote:
kennyhowes wrote:[Nope, no plans - I gotta work!
Is "work" the euphemism for attending those posh, after hours shindigs with NAMMers that Paul was referring to ?
Sunday's duties will not be so glamorous for me.
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

Hmm, this is going to be tougher than I thought to accomodate, but I'm glad I've put the question out there:

During the week-some of the locals can't make it
During NAMM-folks from RIC won't be able to make it.
After NAMM-most out of town forumites probably won't be able to make it.

Okay, so when's a GOOD time for everyone? Suggestions, please. So far I have Sunday and Friday. Saturday's out, Sunday is pretty much out because folks from RIC won't be able to make it and some out of town forumites will be leaving Sunday evening. Can everyone do it Friday night? Let me know, eh? If not, alt suggestions please. I suppose if we have to we could make it the following weekend, though in that case all of our out of town pals will be gone :( . I'm shooting for max fun and attendance here. Some of us are already actually making plans to rehearse ( :shock: !!) songs together. :D

Oh, and we can always use help recruiting drummers. :D
Last edited by paologregorio on Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
johnhall
RIC

Post by johnhall »

8mileshigher wrote:Is "work" the euphemism for attending those posh, after hours shindigs with NAMMers that Paul was referring to ?
It is, if you considering striking the Rickenbacker NAMM booth a posh affair. Kenny gets to do that so I can go to the shindigs!

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”