2009 Pacific NorthWest Confluence ??

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

cjj
RRF Moderator

Re: 2009 Pacific NorthWest Confluence ??

Post by cjj »

jimk wrote:Warmer months works for me. My schedule usually thins out pretty much in the last half of June, July, and the first half of August.
JimK
Ah well, I'm quite the opposite, June July and August are irrigating and haying season...
:lol:
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
bubbasweet

Post by bubbasweet »

I am in Vancouver

I would love it if there was a Rickenbacker Conference in Seattle. Epecially if it were a full guitar show. We never seem to get things like NAMM up here. Not sure why.
thx1955
Veteran RRF member

Post by thx1955 »

I'd still be interested in helping pull together a Pacific Northwest confluence eg Seattle, not in Minneapolis or anywhere east of Bellevue.
"It's Red Jim, but not as we know it...."
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

thx1955 wrote:I'd still be interested in helping pull together a Pacific Northwest confluence eg Seattle, not in Minneapolis or anywhere east of Bellevue.
Would there be a restriction on instruments allowed to only Fireglo? :mrgreen:
thx1955
Veteran RRF member

Post by thx1955 »

jps wrote:Would there be a restriction on instruments allowed to only Fireglo?

No, but there would for sure be a a Fireglo exhibit !!!
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

I guess this thread better be "re-named" for 2010, since the sands of time are running out on a 2009 event.
leesh
Advanced Member

Post by leesh »

I wonder if I can get the EMP's support in it. (The EMP is a dedicated-music-instrument-Seattle museum owned by Paul Allen. There were at least half-a-dozen Rickenbackers on display last time I was there.....I'll send an email and see what I can find out.
leesh
Advanced Member

Post by leesh »

FYI:

Hi Alisha~

Thank you for your interest in the Experience Music Project|Science Fiction Museum & Hall of Fame (EMP|SFM).

We have several spaces that can accommodate your group.

The first option is the Learning Labs. The Learning Labs are located off the 5th & Harrison Street entrance. Classroom style for 40 or seating for 60 you can utilize this space for a breakout. The Learning Labs have a moveable air wall that allows it be subdivided into two distinct rooms. Adjacent to the JBL Theater, this flexible space can accommodate up to 70 people for a reception. The fee for this space during the day is $500/$1000 evening and includes tables, chairs, housekeeping, security, audio visual support and an Event Services Manager who will help with the planning of your event and be available throughout its execution. Any A/V needs would need to be brought into this space. We can provide this, however additional fees may apply.

The 2nd option is Level 3 of The Science Fiction Museum and Hall of Fame inside The Experience Music Project. This space has an incredible entry with fun lights. Once you reach the top of the stairs – the room opens into a vaulted space with a mezzanine, top of the line sound and lighting. The fee for Level 3 is $2,000 during the day & $3,000 during the evening.

This fee includes all tables, chairs (based on inventory), in-house music, use of the 12’ x 16’ drop-down screen, staging, a podium and microphone, staffed coat check (for up to 150 people), housekeeping, security, and audio visual technician and an Event Services Manager who will help with the planning of your event and be available throughout its execution. If you have chosen to add on access to the Science Fiction Museum galleries, they will be fully staffed for your guests. Please visit our website www.empsfm.org for a description of current galleries.

Please visit http://www.empsfm.org/privateEvents/ind ... egoryID=57 for a 360 degree tour of our private event spaces.

If you are looking for a reception space following your demonstration, The Lounge/Revolution Bar can accommodate up to 100 guests for a lunch or reception. This fun, out-of-the box space includes great, lounge-style seating, a custom-made guitar-top bar and its own restroom. The fee is $1,000during the day/$1,500 evening and includes tables, chairs, housekeeping, security, audio visual support and an Event Services Manager who will help with the planning of your event and be available throughout its execution.

Another option for a more “VIP” breakout would be our exclusive executive area - called the Blue Lounge. This funky suite can accommodate up to 40 guests for a meeting, cocktail party or reception. This fun, out-of-the box space includes private access by elevator, spectacular views of Sky Church, a bar and its own restroom. The fee is $1000 and includes tables, chairs, housekeeping, security, audio visual support and an Event Services Manager who will help with the planning of your event and be available throughout its execution. This space also has a 50” plasma screen which can be utilized for presentations.

With any of the spaces, you also have the option of adding on access for your guests into the Experience Music Project Galleries and the Science Fiction Museum for a group discounted rate of $13.50 per person. This is during public hours, 10am – 7pm (Memorial Day – Labor Day) or 10am – 5pm (Labor Day – Memorial Day)

Our exclusive caterer is Daniel's Catering by Schwartz Brothers. You will work with them to make arrangements for your food and beverage needs. Daniel's Catering Sales Team can be reached directly at danielscatering_emp@schwartzbroscatering.com. Alternatively, you may call our Sales Manager, Janelle Gomez, directly at 206.315.0402.

This is a lot of information to absorb! If you would like to inquire about a specific date, place a tentative hold or schedule a site visit, please do not hesitate to contact me.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Very cool, Alisha! 8) If you NW'ers can pull this off it will be the best confluence yet. :)
thx1955
Veteran RRF member

Post by thx1955 »

I originally though of approaching Evan who own Bass Northwest to see if we could host the event there !!!
leesh
Advanced Member

Post by leesh »

That could work too. I've never been to Bass NW before...so I don't know what is available.
Eoin

Post by Eoin »

I'm still up for assisting in anyway I can!

Eoin
Seattle
"If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them."
Jack Handy
fluffy
Intermediate Member

Post by fluffy »

a bit late for 2009 , but I'm up in Port Angeles, and it would sure be worth a trip over to the Emerald city ... maybe talks of a 2010 or 20011 ??!?!?!?

keep me posted :)
Cheers, Craig
♪♫♪♫I need new strings, these ones have a bunch of dang wrong notes on 'em ♫♪♫♪

http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/thesubtleties

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”