***SERF UPDATE***** PLEASE READ! 1/31

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

ajish4
RRF Moderator

***SERF UPDATE***** PLEASE READ! 1/31

Post by ajish4 »

*****S E R F U P D A T E******

OK everyone, this is looking a bit grim.

Speak now or forever hold your tongue.

There have been a number of unexpected cancellations that has pushed this confluence to the brink of being canceled. We understand that circumstances have been beyond anyone's control. Added to the recent economy situation, well...no need to go there.

FIRST....WHO has made any NON-REFUNDABLE purchases to attend SERF?

SECOND.....As of this moment, it's only Jdog & myself who are planning on bringing instruments, ANYONE ELSE PLANNING on BRINGING INSTRUMENTS PLEASE SPEAK UP ! ? ! ?

I know that MOST of you are traveling from out of town. We haven't heard from most our LOCAL forum members so if you are lurking and planning on attending, LET US KNOW NOW, PLEASE.

THIRD....IF we do cancel the OFFICIAL confluence in Orlando, I was planning on having a mini AFTER CONFLUENCE at our home in Stuart, Florida. SO FAR, Joey & Diane, Tammy & Steve, Graham, and Johnny B. were planning on coming. MORE DETAILS to follow IF and I repeat IF the Orlando Confluence is canceled. IF you would like to attend EITHER WAY, please PM me for more information. Open to everyone.

Lastly, the hotel required a certain number of rooms to be booked to supply us with a conference room. At this moment, we are ABOUT HALF WAY to our required number of reservations. PLEASE SPEAK UP EVERYONE, LET US KNOW IF YOU WANT THIS CONFLUENCE TO HAPPEN.

Check back here for FREQUENT UPDATES.
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Re: ***SERF UPDATE***** PLEASE READ! 1/31

Post by sloop_john_b »

I would probably have one or two guitars that I'll be picking up down there. My original plan was to drive; I still might, in which case I'll have four or five guitars, but the more likely scenario as of now is me flying down.

I'm all for escaping the cold New York weather for a few days. :)
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

That's the spirit!

Thanks for starting this off John, either way...the sun awaits! 8)
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Geez, I'm really sorry to see that this might be falling apart on Jdog and Tony. I know that they have been working very hard to put together a fun event. I though that Kris was also gonna to help with the planning, so I also feel bad for him, that he is unable to help put on SERF was well as attend. :(

What's up with the FL forum members? What's so hard about answering a PM or email to say yes or no? Who said getting the So Cal guys together was like herding cats?!? :? :shock: :lol: Geez, now I think we So Cal forumites are quite a fun, cool and happenin' particular area of guys, much like our friends from down under!! :mrgreen:

The economy has also caused the So Cal area guys to rethink SCARF and do it on a smaller scale, if we do it at all this year. We'll see how things go in the next few months. The mini jam get-togethers that we've had in So Cal, have been alot of fun and great stress relievers. If SERF is done on a smaller scale, the people attending will surely make it a fun event no matter where it is. The presence of the fine RIC instruments will augment that! :D
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

I have a non-refundable ticket, coming in on Friday, leaving on Tuesday. No instruments, sorry, but I figured there would be plenty to see. I'm also booked at the hotel for three nights, and was going to extend one night, but if the SERF ain't happenin', I may have to reconsider the hotel. If you guys are going to downscale the event to more of a party at somebody's house, I'll be there, but I'll have to rent a car.

But I'm coming anyway. I've had enough of winter, and I need heat. So I'll be down there, even if I end up at Disney/Epcot for four days. Wait a minute . . . . :?
Author: "The Rickenbacker Electric Bass - 50 Years As Rock's Bottom"
242_foxtrot

Post by 242_foxtrot »

Saw Jason at the Orlando Guitar show today. Told him I'll be there. :D I'll have two guitars.
marc61

Post by marc61 »

I was thinking of going...actually found round trip tix for $150. accommodations might be tough as I'm living on a shoestring right now.
mrs_brown
Intermediate Member

Post by mrs_brown »

The Garner's are in and will be bringing some instruments. Depending on who comes with us the instrument count will vary. One way or another we are gonna meet Tony live and in person!
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

Thanks to those who responded.

Just a little BUMP.

Thanks Tammy! :wink:
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Hey gang. Just got home last night from the show in Kissimmee. Let me talk to the hotel today and see how flexible they are on the contract. No matter what happens, no one will be left getting "screwed" on non-refundable items they've purchased, it sounds like we'll definitely have something, it just might be a smaller scale, etc. I'll get on it today once contacts are at work.
8mileshigh

Post by 8mileshigh »

Sorry to hear about this guys.........I've not booked anything yet.......so let's see what happens eh? :(
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Excellent news!!!!!

We are only one suite/night away from meeting our contract. I renegotiated the contract for 20 suite/nights (example 10 people at 2 nights each equals 20 suite/nights), and we currently have:

JB/GG 3
SG/TG 3
TC#1 2
TC#2 2
JV/DV 3
PB 3
JDog 3
for a total of 19.
But I respectfully request please please no more cancellations if at all possible.... fingers crossed!!!
bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

Jason, if I extend one night (Monday night), would that do it? Or does it have to be another room on the weekend?
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Any night should do. I think we may be losing two nights from a new cancellation, but we may have some new Northern friends coming down to party with us!
bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

OK, I extended one night at the hotel. Hope that helps. But I'm gonna need rides!

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”