2009 So Cal Confluence

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

jimk
RRF Consultant

Re: 2009 So Cal Confluence

Post by jimk »

I've been hoping that there would be a SoCal confluence this year. I think this might be the year for a visit out to the Left Coast sometime during the summer. Heck, if I'm going to be up in Oregon, may as well go down the coast a little ways.

JimK
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

paologregorio wrote: I was actually thinking of suggesting a minicon in March or April...anyone else up for another go for a Saturday at Backline? :D

Excellent idea for a MiniCon Jam :D :D :!: Count me in, Paul :D: :!:
Regards
Rich F.
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

paologregorio wrote: I was actually thinking of suggesting a minicon in March or April...anyone else up for another go for a Saturday at Backline? :D
Of course!

Best wishes, CJ. You're in my thoughts. I wish you were coming to SoCal for a good reason.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
Danotron
Intermediate Member

Post by Danotron »

I missed the last one because I was out of town so count me in for this one!
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

Cool, that's five or six folks who've signed on so far for a minicon. Shall we make it in March? What are the dates that you're here CJ? Do you guys want to book it 12-6 or 12-8 again? I think we could have filled 8 hours musically last time, and I've been practicing my chops since, so... :D
s4001

Post by s4001 »

I'm sure I'd be involved again, as well.
windchimp
Intermediate Member

Post by windchimp »

Yes, me too, also, as well. :D

I see my work continuing to strand me in SoCal quite a bit this year - I should be able to plan around the festivities.
"Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time"
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

paologregorio wrote:Cool, that's five or six folks who've signed on so far for a minicon. Shall we make it in March? What are the dates that you're here CJ? Do you guys want to book it 12-6 or 12-8 again? I think we could have filled 8 hours musically last time, and I've been practicing my chops since, so... :D
Post videos!

JimK
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

jimk wrote:
paologregorio wrote:Cool, that's five or six folks who've signed on so far for a minicon. Shall we make it in March? What are the dates that you're here CJ? Do you guys want to book it 12-6 or 12-8 again? I think we could have filled 8 hours musically last time, and I've been practicing my chops since, so... :D
Post videos!

JimK
Talk to "Dr. Who" Gary C; he's taken video from the last two minicons. It would be cool to see some footage...I think. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

I'll be in So. Cal. (San Diego area) March 8-14. But please, don't plan anything based on those dates as it's pretty unlikely I'll have time for much, and I definitely won't be able to bring any instruments. Also, I'll pretty much be traveling on the weekend days which will make it even harder to manage anything.
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Hey Paul --- March sounds good, especially if some RRF-ers from out of town might be able to make it.

If we go Noon to 8PM, I suspect we are going to run out of the usual 2 minute and twenty second Beatle and Byrds "singles" after a few hours and we'll have to switch gears into the extended jam versions of Eight Miles High or While My Guitar Gently Weeps .... :wink: :D

I really like the idea of making these Confluences a steady habit :!:
It doesn't get much better than this --- making music together with a stage full of Ric enthusiasts :D :D :D
Regards
Rich F.
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

8mileshigher wrote:

Hey Paul --- March sounds good, especially if some RRF-ers from out of town might be able to make it.

If we go Noon to 8PM, I suspect we are going to run out of the usual 2 minute and twenty second Beatle and Byrds "singles" after a few hours and we'll have to switch gears into the extended jam versions of Eight Miles High or While My Guitar Gently Weeps .... :wink: :D

I really like the idea of making these Confluences a steady habit :!:
It doesn't get much better than this --- making music together with a stage full of Ric enthusiasts :D :D :D
Regards
Rich F.
True, but there's also the whole Jam catalogue, the rest of the REM catalogue, about four Plimsouls songs I could think of offhand, a whole lot more 60s, 70s, 80s, and even 90s power pop that we could play, as well as Cheap Trick, AC/DC, KISS, and a whole lot more other stuff that the local forum members musical tastes trend towards-there's no need to stick to Rick playing groups. Also, it might give us more time for refreshments. I don't mind sticking with six hours though. Whether it's six or eight hours, we'll have a great time! :D
aceonbass
Veteran RRF member

Post by aceonbass »

Count me in Paul for another jam sesh. The blisters on my palms are just about healed from the last one :D
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

Hi all, there's going to be a So Cal minicon/jam session on Saturday, March 14th. The thread is here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=387145

As far as combining a SCARF with a VOXfest, there isn't any news about an event this ear. Here's the link: http://www.voxfest.org/index.html
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

paologregorio wrote:... As far as combining a SCARF with a VOXfest, there isn't any news about an event this ear ...
Here's listening to you, kid! :D
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”