SERF Donations

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

SERF Donations

Post by jdogric12 »

Hi gang.

At the risk of being unpopular, and at the advice of several forumites, I should announce I will be accepting voluntary donations to help cover the costs of SERF.

The total bill is going to weigh in a little heftier than expected, and there are a lot less shoulders to help bear the financial weight than expected. I'm not naming names, and I have no intention of making anyone feel bad, so there is no need to go there, I just want to let everyone know there will be a fishbowl or shoebox at the confluence so that people can donate as they are able, whether it's one dollar or one million dollars.

I want to thank everyone who's attending for making it happen, and everyone who's helped make arrangements for what promises to be one heck of a great time for all. See you in the sunshine state!

Cheers, J
mrs_brown
Intermediate Member

Re: SERF Donations

Post by mrs_brown »

Jdog, we appreciate all the time and effort that goes into planning a confluence and a donation jar seems like a good idea. I know the good times that are had at confluences are priceless! It will be a great time!!!! :D :D :D
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

Damn, I wish I was going.... :cry: I was really hoping to make it.
wmthor
Veteran RRF member

Post by wmthor »

PM sent
'96 1997 LH MG
'98 360 LH MG
'00 360/12 Carl Wilson LH FG
'07 730S Shiloh LH
bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

When I threw that Milwaukee confluence a few years back, I placed a large donation bowl out on the table. We didn't have many folks attend, but almost everyone donated, and the proceeds were enough to cover the rental of the room. I didn't "charge admission" only suggest donations to help out with the bills. The good folks in this group made it all work out great. I'll be sure to do the same.
Author: "The Rickenbacker Electric Bass - 50 Years As Rock's Bottom"
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

When Shari and I put on RIO!!! we did not ask but many came forth and offered as these events do cost to produce, sometimes a significant amount. Don't worry Jason, when they come they will contribute. :D

Instead of a fishbowl you might want to consider a Squirebowl, instead. :!:

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”