So Cal Minicon on Saturday 3/14 noon to 8PM

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

rick_ovic
RRF Consultant

Re: So Cal Minicon on Saturday 3/14 noon to 8PM

Post by rick_ovic »

paologregorio wrote:Thanks for all of the compliments everyone. :oops: :)

How about Saturday, May 30th for the next one? That Saturday falls on the weekend immediately after the Memorial Day Holiday weekend, which would not likely be good for a minicon since some folks will probably be out of town.
You tempt me, Mr Alphabet. Maybe I should just hop on a plane and join you for a jam?
'59 425, '59 335, '60 335, '60 360, '60 335F, '60 345F, '64 RM 1999, '65 RM 1998, '65 360-12, '66 335, '67 450-12, '72 4001 '72 4001, '75 4000, '75 4000CS, '00 700S, '01 700C, '01 700S-12, '01 730S-FH, '06 660 DCM
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

rick_ovic wrote:

How about Saturday, May 30th for the next one? That Saturday falls on the weekend immediately after the Memorial Day Holiday weekend, which would not likely be good for a minicon since some folks will probably be out of town.
You tempt me, Mr Alphabet. Maybe I should just hop on a plane and join you for a jam?
Go for it! :D
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

rick_ovic wrote: You tempt me, Mr Alphabet. Maybe I should just hop on a plane and join you for a jam?
Oh yeah right! I'll bet you don't.

First time in my life, ever hoping to lose a bet!
:mrgreen:
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
s4001

Post by s4001 »

rick_ovic wrote:

The least we could do is pick up your beer tab for such dedication.
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

paologregorio wrote: How about Saturday, May 30th for the next one? T

Excellant idea, Paul :!: :!: :D :D ....marking the calendar accordingly.

Hey, is anyone posting some more pictures from Saturday's jam ??
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

paologregorio wrote: Ditto on the compliments for your custom 4004 cii Dane; I think it's my new favorite custom Dane Rick; part 4002, part Lemmy, and part 4004. It sounds fantastic, of course, and the customization was beautifully conceptualized and executed!!
I have to admit that at first I was turned off by the thought of a 4002 shaped pickguard on a mapleglo 4004Cii, but the more I looked at Dane's bass, the more I liked it. His custom 8 stringer is the best playing/sounding 8 string bass I've ever played. I may have to do some Dane-ish work on my 4003S/8...then there was Dane's custom 4004L/5...CUT IT OUT DANE!! :twisted: :lol: :mrgreen:
8mileshigher wrote: Hey, is anyone posting some more pictures from Saturday's jam ??
Richard, as soon as I get a spare minute to look at the pics Diane took, I'll resize and post some.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
aceonbass
Veteran RRF member

Post by aceonbass »

rickenbrother wrote: I have to admit that at first I was turned off by the thought of a 4002 shaped pickguard on a mapleglo 4004Cii, but the more I looked at Dane's bass, the more I liked it. His custom 8 stringer is the best playing/sounding 8 string bass I've ever played. I may have to do some Dane-ish work on my 4003S/8...then there was Dane's custom 4004L/5...CUT IT OUT DANE!! :twisted: :lol: :mrgreen:
Thanks Joey! I'm glad my customs aren't too far off the Rickenmark . Right now I'm in charge of an 8-string conversion for another forum member. This will have a headstock similar to mine, but with the cresting wave at the end. It'll also have HB1's with push-pull coil taps AND push-pull vintage tone circuits, vintage knobs and TRC. I'm doing the design work as well as the pickguard and all my usual tailpiece/mods. Oh, and it's a brand new 4003. I love the full width inlays by the way.
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

rickenbrother wrote:...Richard, as soon as I get a spare minute to look at the pics Diane took, I'll resize and post some ...
I keep looking in the trunk of the TARDIS for the spare time, but it's never there! :) :lol:
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

doctorwho wrote:
rickenbrother wrote:...Richard, as soon as I get a spare minute to look at the pics Diane took, I'll resize and post some ...
I keep looking in the trunk of the TARDIS for the spare time, but it's never there! :) :lol:
Check in the spare tire for the spare time!

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”