ORAC ’09 - Ontario Rickenbacker Appreciation Confluence

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

icabod

Re: ORAC ’09 - Ontario Rickenbacker Appreciation Confluence

Post by icabod »

Looks like everone had a good time, even the lovemiester turned up, wish I could have ben there..next time.......R
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Great pictures !!! That Red 360-12 with the Black hardware, pick guards is really unique.

Did the two 4002s play simultaneously together ?

Looks like you guys had a great time .... :D :D :D and the equipment there at the studio was something !

I noticed not too many music stands -- so you guys had everybody knowing the same tunes to jam :wink: :?:

Regards
Rich
joey_capps

Post by joey_capps »

86kubicki wrote:Many thanks to everyone who came out and especially our host Craig Collett of Coll Audio. It was great meeting everyone - always nice putting faces to names. Sorry I had to duck out a bit early, but whatever bug I'm still battling started to rear its ugly head with a vengeance on Saturday, (hopefully no one else has been affected!).
So, you are to blame! I'm home this afternoon with something, and doubt I'll be going in tomorrow. It may not be completely your fault though, there are a few others off at work too. Now, you haven't been to Mexico have you?
:D
2015 MG 1993+
2008 FG 360/6
1995 FG 610/6

akajoeyjones.com
massconception.com
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Looks like a good time!! Waiting for more pics......... :mrgreen:
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon
wints
Veteran RRF member

Post by wints »

Love the Wal as well...
stubby
Intermediate Member

Post by stubby »

I had a good time too. It was nice to place some faces to names and I enjoyed the amps as well.
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

Great pictures! Many very nice instruments present too. Sounds like everyone had a really great time. Anyone shoot video?
86kubicki
Advanced Member

Post by 86kubicki »

I think Dean shot some footage of me singing, but I forbade him from posting! :lol:
captsandwich
Intermediate Member

Post by captsandwich »

86kubicki wrote:I think Dean shot some footage of me singing, but I forbade him from posting! :lol:
I think I found it:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8YMnj1e_0Qg&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8YMnj1e_0Qg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Lemme graze into your veldt/ lemme stomple your albino/lemme nibble on your buds/ I'm your Love Rhino
86kubicki
Advanced Member

Post by 86kubicki »

At the time I thought it was too bad that you couldn't make it Greg. I've since reconsidered.

:wink:
basse

Post by basse »

That made me laugh! Thanks!!!

Glad you liked the Wal Andrew! That's the one that used to belong to Howie Epstein of the Heartbreakers! Great growl there!
bitzerguy
RRF Consultant

Post by bitzerguy »

About those videos, what to do... what to do...

Dave, the Wal was a very cool bass. The tones that can be wrung from it are really quite phenominal. Thanks for letting me have a go with it.
...Dean
Never, ever drool on your surf shirt. It wrecks the solo.

660/12FG, 350V63/6FG, 620/6JG, 360WB/6DBG, Dingwall C1 #001, Prestige Heritage Elite FM
basse

Post by basse »

bitzerguy wrote:About those videos, what to do... what to do...

Dave, the Wal was a very cool bass. The tones that can be wrung from it are really quite phenominal. Thanks for letting me have a go with it.
Are you fricken' kidding?

1) Thank you so very, VERY much for hanging out an jamming at the end of the day. I had a blast!!! In fact, seeing as I'm completely short of a guitar player to play with on a regular basis I was REALLY hoping that you were local! Being from Montreal is cool (I love that city!!!) but after jamming, man I wish you'd been local!

2) Next time you're in town, let me know in advance, I owe you drinks etc... If I hadn't already been been booked into cooking dinner for my wife and her mother that night you would have had an invite to either hit a bar for several more rounds or to come back to my place for a BBQ. I'm REALLY sorry I was already booked. You have an open invite next time!

BTW, did you get a chance to show your bass player the pix of you with the Wal? How'd he take it?
bitzerguy
RRF Consultant

Post by bitzerguy »

basse wrote:
bitzerguy wrote:About those videos, what to do... what to do...

Are you fricken' kidding?

1) Thank you so very, VERY much for hanging out an jamming at the end of the day. I had a blast!!! In fact, seeing as I'm completely short of a guitar player to play with on a regular basis I was REALLY hoping that you were local! Being from Montreal is cool (I love that city!!!) but after jamming, man I wish you'd been local!

2) Next time you're in town, let me know in advance, I owe you drinks etc... If I hadn't already been been booked into cooking dinner for my wife and her mother that night you would have had an invite to either hit a bar for several more rounds or to come back to my place for a BBQ. I'm REALLY sorry I was already booked. You have an open invite next time!

BTW, did you get a chance to show your bass player the pix of you with the Wal? How'd he take it?
I haven't had the chance to catch up with him yet. I'll show him all the photos tonight at practice. Your tale of aquisition of this guitar was tres cool too.

This was a very interesting trip. I got to play Howie's (now Dave's) Wal, see two 4002s in the same room in Canada, I got to play Craigs 360/12BT which was on National TV with Canadian Idol (Mookie Morris played it on the show), as well as David Loves 360/12WB which was a DREAM to play through the Matchless. Not to mention plugging my own babies into some very cool amps amd jamming with you, Steve, David and Bill. We sure had the wall of snares rattling.

The invitation is reciprocal Dave. If your ever coming to Montreal, let me know. I'll arrange a jam night.
...Dean
Never, ever drool on your surf shirt. It wrecks the solo.

660/12FG, 350V63/6FG, 620/6JG, 360WB/6DBG, Dingwall C1 #001, Prestige Heritage Elite FM

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”