So Cal July`09 Herding of the Cats Minicon; July 25th 12-8PM

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

paologregorio

So Cal July`09 Herding of the Cats Minicon; July 25th 12-8PM

Post by paologregorio »

Yes, it's that time once again: The bi-monthly herding of the cats we call the So Cal Rickenjam Miniconfluence!

I sang myself hoarse last time, so if anyone knows any dedicated vocalists, male and female, they're welcome as well, in addition to drummers, of course.

Saturday July 25th, noon to 8 PM
at
Backline Rehearsal Studios in Garden Grove, CA.
Backline is located at:
7251 Garden Grove Blvd Garden Grove, CA 92841 - (714) 895-7345
http://www.backlinerehearsals.com/

For a review of song lists, et cetera from last the last two times: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=387145&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15

Once again Backline will be giving us a slight break on the price, so our total for the 8 hour room rental is $200.

I imagine most, if not all, of the usual cast of characters will be there, but post or PM a reply so I can get a head count!

My friend Paul Sakry will be showing up to play some drums. :D

Who's in?! :D

Note: this is the last minicon event before the annual Southern California Area Rickenbacker Festival (SCARF) taking place at the end of August, on Saturday the 22nd.
Last edited by paologregorio on Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
8mileshigher

Re: So Cal July`09 Herding of the Cats Minicon; July 25th 12-8PM

Post by 8mileshigher »

The last Mini Con Jam 8) to "warm up" before the big SCARF :D :D event in August :!:

I'm in !!
Regards
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

What? Again? :mrgreen: :lol: :wink:
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

B U M P ! ! !
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

From Forum: Re-u-ni-ted and it feeels so goood
kennyhowes wrote:
8mileshigher wrote:One more request --- can you bring this historical 370 to the next Mini Con, for everyone to oogle over :D 8) 8)
Of course! It should be up to the task by then.
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

Cool! Looking forward to seeing it Kenny. :)

Thanks for the reminder Rich!

I have also posted this event on Facebook and the RIC Corporate Forum.

Once again, please invite your Rick-minded and power pop music friends, especially if they're single females; a forum member expressed a desire to see a few more single females at the next event...I'm doing my best.
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

paologregorio wrote:Cool! Looking forward to seeing it Kenny. :)

Thanks for the reminder Rich!

I have also posted this event on Facebook and the RIC Corporate Forum.

Once again, please invite your Rick-minded and power pop music friends, especially if they're single females; a forum member expressed a desire to see a few more single females at the next event...I'm doing my best.
Wives and sweethearts are also quite welcome and encouraged to attend/participate, of course. :D
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

8mileshigher wrote:From Forum: Re-u-ni-ted and it feeels so goood
kennyhowes wrote:
8mileshigher wrote:One more request --- can you bring this historical 370 to the next Mini Con, for everyone to oogle over :D 8) 8)
Of course! It should be up to the task by then.
I might ogle it, but I won't oogle it! :lol:

BTW Rich, you will need to turn your volume down this next time ... I dubbed the video footage from the last one and you were a bit too loud ... I will try to remember the sound level meter this time! :D
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

doctorwho wrote: BTW Rich, you will need to turn your volume down this next time ... I dubbed the video footage from the last one and you were a bit too loud ... I will try to remember the sound level meter this time! :D
Yours noted Gary. Will do. :oops: Are you referring to the microphone volume or amp volume or both ??
That will be good to check sound levels and get everyone in balance.

It seemed to me that in the last couple of hours of the May 30th MiniCon jam, (after the pizza break) that it was difficult to hear anyone's vocals. Maybe different folks had tinkered with the P.A. over the course of the afternoon(or the stage monitors had fizzled out or gotten unplugged) or everyone had cranked up their guitar amps steadily over the afternoon .... (Or perhaps all the good singers :mrgreen: had departed already ? )

Do you guys recall that same scenario with the P.A. over the course of the afternoon ?

Maybe we need to bring the Backline staff-guy in every couple of hours to re-tinker the P.A. settings ?
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

8mileshigher wrote:
doctorwho wrote: BTW Rich, you will need to turn your volume down this next time ... I dubbed the video footage from the last one and you were a bit too loud ... I will try to remember the sound level meter this time! :D
Yours noted Gary. Will do. :oops: Are you referring to the microphone volume or amp volume or both ??
That will be good to check sound levels and get everyone in balance.

It seemed to me that in the last couple of hours of the May 30th MiniCon jam, (after the pizza break) that it was difficult to hear anyone's vocals. Maybe different folks had tinkered with the P.A. over the course of the afternoon(or the stage monitors had fizzled out or gotten unplugged) or everyone had cranked up their guitar amps steadily over the afternoon .... (Or perhaps all the good singers :mrgreen: had departed already ? )

Do you guys recall that same scenario with the P.A. over the course of the afternoon ?

Maybe we need to bring the Backline staff-guy in every couple of hours to re-tinker the P.A. settings ?
Rich, I think that it was the level of the amps (all of them) in the 'second half' that wiped out the vocals. If I bring the sound level meter, we can more easily get everyone's level down to a point where the vocals can be heard. Being that it is still a smallish room, we don't need a 120-dB wall of sound ... :)
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

doctorwho wrote: Rich, I think that it was the level of the amps (all of them) in the 'second half' that wiped out the vocals. If I bring the sound level meter, we can more easily get everyone's level down to a point where the vocals can be heard. Being that it is still a smallish room, we don't need a 120-dB wall of sound ... :)
I will definitely be more cognisant of the sound levels..... :)

Are you doing another Video to DVD transfer ? :D That would be cool :!: Those DVDs you did from an earlier Mini Con with Graham were good quality, :D considering the challenge of dealing with colored stage lights (like Red) making things look murky and then it gets punctuated by bright effect lights blinking ..... Please include me on the sign-up list for your cool DVD creations 8) :D :!:
Regards
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

I hope to have copies enough for everyone by the 25th. Still working on the others, too.
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

doctorwho wrote:I hope to have copies enough for everyone by the 25th. Still working on the others, too.

Thanks, Gary :!: :!: :D
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Have fun guys (and girls?) :D
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

B U M P ! ! !

Chime in with the head count guys. :) I accidentally deleted the contents of my personal email inbox yesterday morning, so if you replied to that account I probably missed it. :oops: :)

Attending:
Gary Clauson
Rich Ferguson
Brian Fitzpatrick
Paul Sakry (drums)
Joey Vasco
Dane Wilder
Me

Maybes:
Dan Saifer

All right, let me know, eh? I can arrange for some pre-jams at my place again for those interested parties. :)

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”