Long distance SCARF attendance

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

jimk
RRF Consultant

Re: Long distance SCARF attendance

Post by jimk »

Oh, has it been archived somewhere? Because I only got to hear Hautewerk's last two numbers.
JimK
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

jimk wrote:Oh, has it been archived somewhere? Because I only got to hear Hautewerk's last two numbers.
JimK
Listening to it right now: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2030897

Enjoy Jim! :)

...My goodness, I'm tired.

More punishment later; after I drink another bucket of coffee, and another shower, I'm headed off to Old World German Village in Huntington Beach, CA, to meet up with Kenny, Trotty, Joey, and Rich (and who knows who else :lol: :lol:) for some sort of vintage guitar show. Ah, the fun of gazing at stuff I can't afford to buy...and therefore don't have to find space for at home, thank goodness! :lol: :lol:
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

marc61 wrote:
Rickygirl wrote:
Well, what can we say.... :oops: :D
That we will have to do it again some time! :idea:
Absolutely. I'm up for hanging around with all you groovy guys and gals just about anytime. :) :) :)
All I wanna do is rock!
scotty

Post by scotty »

kiramdear wrote:
marc61 wrote:
Rickygirl wrote:
Well, what can we say.... :oops: :D
That we will have to do it again some time! :idea:
Absolutely. I'm up for hanging around with all you groovy guys and gals just about anytime. :) :) :)
maybe not bathtime..... :lol: :twisted:
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

cjj wrote:Yeah, I popped in a few times, unfortunately I was too busy to stick around long. It was cool, but the video and audio quality was pretty pathetic.
:D
You guys should have stuck around for the concert portion when John finally got the audio dialed in. Then the music quality was excellent. We were still limited to a long shot of the stage with no close ups because of the camera placement, but the audio quality was wonderful and you could still sort of make out who was on stage. It was very much worth the time spent watching the concert.
All I wanna do is rock!
johneek
Advanced Member

Post by johneek »

+1....Once JH got the audio fixed and I stopped listening through the my laptop speakers and put on the headphones, the sound was great! Thanks to everyone who played...it was terrific and all the more meaningful being performed by people we know and love.

The camaraderie among those listening on-line was was wonderful. Sharing music with others is a special treat, and being on-line (while it had the distinct disadvantage of not being with the rest of you) allowed us to listen and communicate at the same time...without shouting.

The occasional troll who logged in didn't spoil a thing for me and when the rest of us ignored him, he went away. Thanks everyone for a great evening.
cheyenne
Veteran RRF member

Post by cheyenne »

Yeah, the "static" during the confluence was kind of annoying,,, but then again,, how could you capture everones banter anyway????

The audio during the concert was absolutely great.

I'm not complaining by any stretch of the imagination though, just looking through a small port-hole at the SCARF was a hoot for me..

I appreciate the effort that allowed alot of us to join in,, even though we were thousands of miles away. :D
"Knowledge is Power"
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

You folks ready for this?

Juliana was the vocals sound tech for Hautewerk's last four songs.

She made friends with the board guy, Chris (terrific, cheerful, laid-back young fella!) and when I wandered unaware to the mixing board area for the last song, there she was pushing the tempo button, moving the vocal sliders and punching in the mikes...

She had an unbelievable time. working the door, selling RIC paraphernalia, and checking the guest list off. Thanks to everyone who took her in and let her contribute. I'm sure there's a lot of great memories for her--she couldn't stop talking about it on the ride home.
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Way to go, Juliana!!!! :D :D :D
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

ozover50 wrote:Way to go, Juliana!!!! :D :D :D
+1000 :D
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

jps wrote:
ozover50 wrote:Way to go, Juliana!!!! :D :D :D
+1000 :D
Yeah, that is really neat, and will make memories for her years to come.

I had a great time watching these tonight. Saturday was all taken with my future son-in-law's Bachelor's Day partying and though we kept it all clean fun, it was a blast. Just as it appears SCARF was - good clean fun that was a blast. Best part was finding out the streams were archived and I got to "attend" SCARF too! Thanks to ALL who made the day happen.
gregga41
RRF Consultant

Post by gregga41 »

The great humor that was evident amongst us "Live-streamers" is something each and every one of you should be proud of.
Watching the immense talent performing onstage, and chatting with you all, was an absolute priviledge. So much so that i take this opportunity to thank all who banded together to bring the day to us.
Joey, your Rickenbrothers were brilliant mate! Jerry, you are one hell of a class act! Paul, SFD are amazing, inspiring!
Watching John Hall and Kenny and the boys was a treat!
The audio of the concert was incredible, i to listened through my headphones, it rocked. It's probably why i missed your phonecall Darren!! :D
Thanks again to everyone involved, and to all the forumites i chatted with. Tony, you had me in hysterics most of the time!
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

gregga41 wrote:The great humor that was evident amongst us "Live-streamers" is something each and every one of you should be proud of.
Watching the immense talent performing onstage, and chatting with you all, was an absolute priviledge. So much so that i take this opportunity to thank all who banded together to bring the day to us.
Joey, your Rickenbrothers were brilliant mate! Jerry, you are one hell of a class act! Paul, SFD are amazing, inspiring!
Watching John Hall and Kenny and the boys was a treat!
The audio of the concert was incredible, i to listened through my headphones, it rocked. It's probably why i missed your phonecall Darren!! :D
Thanks again to everyone involved, and to all the forumites i chatted with. Tony, you had me in hysterics most of the time!
+Infinite.

I had such a blast, the time just flew past. I enjoyed talking to everyone. We have to do a once a month Skype or MSN chat thing or something. Jt's a great way for the forumites from all over the world to hang out together for a bit, without the cost of travel that is!. :wink: :)

Greg, I was trying me BEST to behave too! :wink: You should see what happens when I get together with Mike Snow! :lol: :lol: :lol:
wmthor
Veteran RRF member

Post by wmthor »

jingle_jangle wrote:You folks ready for this?

Juliana was the vocals sound tech for Hautewerk's last four songs.

She made friends with the board guy, Chris (terrific, cheerful, laid-back young fella!) and when I wandered unaware to the mixing board area for the last song, there she was pushing the tempo button, moving the vocal sliders and punching in the mikes...

She had an unbelievable time. working the door, selling RIC paraphernalia, and checking the guest list off. Thanks to everyone who took her in and let her contribute. I'm sure there's a lot of great memories for her--she couldn't stop talking about it on the ride home.
Paul, this was what, Juliana's fourth SCARF? :D :D
'96 1997 LH MG
'98 360 LH MG
'00 360/12 Carl Wilson LH FG
'07 730S Shiloh LH
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Yes, by my reckoning and hers. We shared some memories on the drive back up to SF on Monday. She loves being involved. Smart kid, if I do say so meself...

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”