MicroCon in Scottsdale

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

johnallg
Rick-a-holic

MicroCon in Scottsdale

Post by johnallg »

I would like to give a huge THANK YOU to Mike Gutierrez for a wonderful afternoon of camaraderie and instrument hunting. Mike took me to a couple of the local music emporiums and we got to see a couple '09 FG guitars (both of us loved them) but alas no basses. We did get to see the V63 MG at The Bass Place. Impressions - really nice neck, average maple (nice grain only), needs a cleaning (Zymol), no chips but a bit of worming where the belt buckle would hit, and too much money. Nice player though. They also had a '75 fretless SnotGlo (yellowed to a CS yellow cream) and a newer (last 3 years) 4003 JG (didn't play it).

Mike let me see and play his collection of basses, all very great basses, and my first exposure to Zon and Fedora basses. Great players all, Mike!

We had a great relaxing, warm, and genuine afternoon. Greatly appreciated!
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Re: MicroCon in Scottsdale

Post by kiramdear »

Awesome! What a great connection we have here!
All I wanna do is rock!
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

You never saw my Zon fretless, John? I used to have three, and I recently got my fretted 5/1 back, which is currently at Zon for some more custom work.

Mike, what Zons do you have?
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Without pictures, it didn't happen!! :mrgreen:
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

jps wrote:You never saw my Zon fretless, John? I used to have three, and I recently got my fretted 5/1 back, which is currently at Zon for some more custom work.

Never saw yours, Jeff. Did you have it at RIO!!?
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

rickenbrother wrote:Without pictures, it didn't happen!! :mrgreen:
We were having such a great time we didn't take any pictures. Mike tried one with his cell just before I had to leave, but it didn't come out good.

We got to meet for lunch Tuesday too. Mike, my daughter Kaija, and I had a really good time and conversation. We went for sushi. Yum yum!

Thanks again, Mike!
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

johnallg wrote:
rickenbrother wrote:Without pictures, it didn't happen!! :mrgreen:
We were having such a great time we didn't take any pictures. Mike tried one with his cell just before I had to leave, but it didn't come out good.

We got to meet for lunch Tuesday too. Mike, my daughter Kaija, and I had a really good time and conversation. We went for sushi. Yum yum!

Thanks again, Mike!
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Glad you guys had a nice visit. Sometimes, these little MicroCon's are the beginning of a much larger one!
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

johnallg wrote:
jps wrote:You never saw my Zon fretless, John? I used to have three, and I recently got my fretted 5/1 back, which is currently at Zon for some more custom work.

Never saw yours, Jeff. Did you have it at RIO!!?
Not at RIO, but I did have it at MARF II. Some time when you are passing through Cleveburg, we should get together.

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”