Anyone Considering Having a Confluence in Manhattan?

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

gretsch929

Anyone Considering Having a Confluence in Manhattan?

Post by gretsch929 »

There are many New York area parochial schools would love to host such an event--of course they would require a moderate rental few for the use of the gym or the auditorium. Many schools also have parking lots to make things even more convenient for the attendees. If anyone is interested, I can recommend a few schools.
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Re: Anyone Considering Having a Confluence in Manhattan?

Post by rickenbrother »

I've also given thought to having a confluence at a school in the So Cal area, using a hall to display guitars and the auditorium to jam and perform. There would be plenty of room and probably parking, the auditoriums would clean with nice sized stages and seating.
The problems I've thought about, is hauling a good PA in, besides the rest of the gear. Many school auditoriums do not have easy access for large equipment Also, the school might be concerned about policing people wandering around the school halls. Security would be needed. The school might also limit how late you could stay. Maybe with a generous enough donation to the school, they can make provisions for a confluence.
It would be a good setting for a confluence if you could get it worked out well. Good luck with that!
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

Hi Joe. I'm on Staten Island. There are a handful of other forumites in the boroughs and on Long Island. Once every 18 months or so we have the Mid-Atlantic Rickenbacker Fest in southern New Jersey (at Pick Of The Ricks), which has all but completely cooled my desire to have an event in the city. The last one we had was November 2008 and as far as I know, there isn't another one planned at the moment. Maybe early 2010? Calling John Simmons...
collin

Post by collin »

rickenbrother wrote:I've also given thought to having a confluence at a school in the So Cal area, using a hall to display guitars and the auditorium to jam and perform. There would be plenty of room and probably parking, the auditoriums would clean with nice sized stages and seating.
The problems I've thought about, is hauling a good PA in, besides the rest of the gear. Many school auditoriums do not have easy access for large equipment Also, the school might be concerned about policing people wandering around the school halls. Security would be needed. The school might also limit how late you could stay. Maybe with a generous enough donation to the school, they can make provisions for a confluence.
It would be a good setting for a confluence if you could get it worked out well. Good luck with that!
....and loads of tiny seats! :lol:

Yeah, that would be cool and easy to control. Plenty of parking, and nobody would give weird looks to people walking in with guitars etc (like at the old hotel etc...), and nobody bothered by some loud Rock and Roll.

Plus, really....a confluence doesn't get so rowdy that a school would have to worry about the property too much. I might have an "in" on some schools here in SoCal, but probably not anywhere conveniently close to normal.

Ps....sorry for the thread drift, New Yawk. We left coasters can't stop talking about ourselves. :lol:
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

sloop_john_b wrote:Hi Joe. I'm on Staten Island. There are a handful of other forumites in the boroughs and on Long Island. Once every 18 months or so we have the Mid-Atlantic Rickenbacker Fest in southern New Jersey (at Pick Of The Ricks), which has all but completely cooled my desire to have an event in the city. The last one we had was November 2008 and as far as I know, there isn't another one planned at the moment. Maybe early 2010? Calling John Simmons...

I'm 99% sure everything is on hold so people can make their Australia plans... those lucky enough to be going, that is... :oops: :cry:
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

jdogric12aolcom wrote: I'm 99% sure everything is on hold so people can make their Australia plans... those lucky enough to be going, that is... :oops: :cry:
Ah shoot, forgot all about it. :oops:
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

collin wrote: I might have an "in" on some schools here in SoCal, but probably not anywhere conveniently close to normal.
What is normal in SoCal? :mrgreen:

I lived there in the '80s so I have some experience with the place. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
gretsch929

Post by gretsch929 »

This is why the Ric Forum is great--knowledgeable, but most importantly, friendly people. Thank you for your comments. I hope that some day I can make the POTR confluence--sound like fun bordering on sinful! Again, thanks to all.
marc61

Post by marc61 »

Would always be around for any type of NY get together
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

Actually, I've been in touch with some folks about a potential small NYC metro area get together on November 16th. J-dog will be here that day and the next during his east coast road trip. Just have no idea about a place to have it.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

sloop_john_b wrote:Just have no idea about a place to have it.
I think there is a certain house in Westchester that would be perfect. Right, Marc? :wink:
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

jps wrote:
sloop_john_b wrote:Just have no idea about a place to have it.
I think there is a certain house in Westchester that would be perfect. Right, Marc? :wink:
If I was still living in the Bronx and working in Ossining, there is a school building there that would have been perfect for a confluence.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”