Guitar Geek Festival

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

jimk
RRF Consultant

Re: Guitar Geek Festival

Post by jimk »

jps wrote:
johnallg wrote:So a doubleneck 6 stringer counts as a 12??!!
Pretty lame, huh? :lol:
I saw that, and thought........ :?: But I wasn't going to say anything like "That's cheatin'!" :lol:
JimK
jfine
Professional Player

Post by jfine »

That's just too cool! Thanks for providing the lyrics--I couldn't quite make them out on the video. I agree, a doubleneck six-string shouldn't count as a twelve, but it's an interesting guitar nonetheless--the necks are Premier from the '60's, and the whole guitar may be, too, but I've never heard of or seen a Premier doubleneck before. And Amy's bouzouki-like guitar is actually a Danelectro Bellzouki.
suedehead71

Post by suedehead71 »

jwargowski wrote:Thought this was interesting .... part of the NAMM weekend events.

http://www.dekedickerson.com/guitargeek/index4.htm

This looks especially amusing ....
ELECTRIC 12-STRING GUITAR NIGHTMARE: Bring your electric 12-string and join the nightmare!
Deke had a nightmare about what an orchestra of electric 12-string guitars would sound like. So, he figured, why not? Bring your electric 12-string and join the band. Don't worry, the nightmare will only last for one song, the classic "Mr. Tambourine Man" by the Byrds (in the key of D, for those who want to join in). There will be an official guitar tuner, not that it will make this any less of a tuning nightmare.

i hope there will also be medical staff on hand to resuscitate him after his tuning-induced heart attack.
i will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, de-briefed, or numbered.

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”