Re: Who's up for a So Cal Minicon Saturday, May 8th?

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

melibreits

Post by melibreits »

Another video from the jam.... This one really captures the fun spirit of it all.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fR35shYcZgg&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fR35shYcZgg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Cool You Tubes, Mel. :D :D That is a good quality camera and has decent sound capabilites.
s4001

Post by s4001 »

Nice videos. Well done.
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

An additional thanks to my friend Mason's cousin Steve Trivoli for shoing up, playing some percussion, guitar (lefty 350 V64!), and lead vocals. Steve played with the Blasters at one point in the early days. :D Thanks Steve, hoep to se you at the next minicon!!! :D
elreydlp
Intermediate Member

Post by elreydlp »

Paul:
Thank you again! Great job. It's been a long time since I had so much fun. Next time, I'll let my wife chauffeur me!
What a great bunch of folks in this group. Thanks to all who made it a success.
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

elreydlp wrote:It's been a long time since I had so much fun.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
It's the cool people on this Forum that make it all happen !

Now if only we had helped you drink your beers faster -- and empty that cooler -- the whole 'lost key' thing could have been avoided. :mrgreen:
melibreits

Post by melibreits »

Here's another surf jam video from the Minicon:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jhQBOk7ZdAU&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jhQBOk7ZdAU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]
melibreits

Post by melibreits »

....And lastly, this fine rendering from the Byrds Collective. I always think of this song as the quintessential jingle-jangle 12-string tune.... How perfect for a gathering of Ric-lovers!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bsBaMG5s9B0&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bsBaMG5s9B0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]
collin

Post by collin »

I just realized why rock bands never have music stands up on stage. :lol:

It really truly kills every shot, from any angle.....of anybody up there playing. :wink:
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

collin wrote:I just realized why rock bands never have music stands up on stage. :lol:

It really truly kills every shot, from any angle.....of anybody up there playing. :wink:
I almost took them off the stage for the surf band and byrds collective sets. I should have. We barely used them this time anyway. The guys are starting to get really good at reading off each others' fretboards.
elreydlp
Intermediate Member

Post by elreydlp »

Thanks Melissa-great job. I'm sorry you didn't get any of your set.
melibreits

Post by melibreits »

That's okay.... I'm sure we'll be back again someday, with the charging cord for the camera!
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

paologregorio wrote:
collin wrote:I just realized why rock bands never have music stands up on stage. :lol:

I almost took them off the stage for the surf band and byrds collective sets. I should have. We barely used them this time anyway. The guys are starting to get really good at reading off each others' fretboards.

Maybe Tele-Prompters for the 10 or so songs that we need a chord chart or lyrics sheet for ??? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
collin

Post by collin »

8mileshigher wrote:
paologregorio wrote:

Maybe Tele-Prompters for the 10 or so songs that we need a chord chart or lyrics sheet for ??? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Just sharpen those ears and open those eyes, buddy! :)
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

BTW, all those music stands were there on stage already, when I arrived right before Noon.
The Backline crew member must have set them up.
But you guys are right, we had way too many ....

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”