Re: Who's up for a So Cal Minicon Saturday, May 8th?

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

melibreits wrote:I'm just curious.... Is there going to be a big SoCal confluence in August this year? ...
Some of us locals are working on this, no details yet, but it most likely will be a smaller event than in the past.
melibreits wrote:... It seems like that's been the tradition since the 75th in 2006 ...
Actually, we had the first one in 2005.

"A tradition since 2005 ..." hmmm ... :D
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

ricmic wrote:I know this was a mini-con. Does anyone in SoCal have the occaisional jam that I might attend? Mark
Mark, if you want to get together some time, just let some of us know. We had a mini-jam session for Jeff Scott during the NAMM show back in January, so it's doable. It's just a matter of synchronizing schedules! :)
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

doctorwho wrote:
ricmic wrote:I know this was a mini-con. Does anyone in SoCal have the occaisional jam that I might attend? Mark
Mark, if you want to get together some time, just let some of us know. We had a mini-jam session for Jeff Scott during the NAMM show back in January, so it's doable. It's just a matter of synchronizing schedules! :)
Ditto here; I'm always up for getting together and demolishing some songs, and I know a few drummers who are willing to participate. :D
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

paologregorio wrote:
doctorwho wrote:
Ditto here; I'm always up for getting together and demolishing some songs, and I know a few drummers who are willing to participate. :D
I can help demolish some songs! :mrgreen:
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Me, too, according to GG. :lol:
elreydlp
Intermediate Member

Post by elreydlp »

Back from vacation and catching up.
Any weekend except August 5-8. That's Surfguitar 101 Convention weekend and I will be there.
datru

Post by datru »

elreydlp wrote:Back from vacation and catching up.
Any weekend except August 5-8. That's Surfguitar 101 Convention weekend and I will be there.

Tell me more about this Surfguitar 101 Convention! Can anyone go? Is it a jam or are there workshops, other stuff?

Sounds like fun.
elreydlp
Intermediate Member

Post by elreydlp »

datru wrote:
elreydlp wrote:Back from vacation and catching up.
Tell me more about this Surfguitar 101 Convention! Can anyone go? Is it a jam or are there workshops, other stuff?
Sounds like fun.
It's open to anyone. There will be an open jam Saturday morning, but it sounds like most of the spots are taken. Here's a Facebook link:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Surf-Guit ... 862?ref=mf

You can go to surfguitar.com for a taste of what to expect and more info. The big day is Saturday at The Starting Gate in Los Alamitos with stuff going on from 8:00 AM until who knows. There will be concerts all over LA, OC, and SD starting Thursday.

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”