San Francisco Bay Area Confluence ?

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

winston
Membership Admin

Re: San Francisco Bay Area Confluence ?

Post by winston »

kiramdear wrote:
rickenbrother wrote:

I thought he lived in Canada...he's right down the street from the studio!
Medway Rd.jpg
And did you notice right on the corner is the Brothers furniture store? I think of you two every day when I pass there. :lol:
I wonder if the city ever asked me if they could name that street after me? I can't remember. :lol:

In any event, thanks for thinking of us as brothers Kira. Since we have recorded some music together, it probably does kind of fit. Eh paisano? :lol:
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

I know you mugs are like brothers, but the furniture store makes me think of Joey's screen name when I cross Medway Road. Just a trivial memory trick but it makes me think of you guys every time I leave the boat. :lol:

BTW, I forgot who owns the JG4001 that I was playing but I remember that it's a '73 (?). I just have to say that it has the lightest body wood I ever saw in a 4001. Very easy on the old bones, and the neck on that beauty has such a nice slim profile. I skinned my knuckles on those roundwounds, though. :evil: :wink: :mrgreen: :lol:
All I wanna do is rock!
Danotron
Intermediate Member

Post by Danotron »

That would be mine Kira.

Sorry about your knuckles with the roundwounds but that's how I roll :twisted:
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

:lol: My own bad. That's a great sounding, great playing bass. Didn't you have a 620 sister for that, same year?
All I wanna do is rock!
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

winston wrote:
kiramdear wrote:
And did you notice right on the corner is the Brothers furniture store? I think of you two every day when I pass there. :lol:
I wonder if the city ever asked me if they could name that street after me? I can't remember. :lol:

In any event, thanks for thinking of us as brothers Kira. Since we have recorded some music together, it probably does kind of fit. Eh paisano? :lol:
Yes, thanks for thinking of us, Kira! :)
Eh gumba, it does fit and there will be more music that we'll record together! :wink:

I have more pics to resize later.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

analogpackrat wrote:

Hey, if any of you BARCers want an original (unreduced) copy of any of the pics I posted just shoot me a PM with your email address and which ones you want.

Yeah, same for the pictures I took ... send me your e-mail address if you want higher-resolution pic copies sent. :)
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

kiramdear wrote:I skinned my knuckles on those roundwounds, though. :evil: :wink: :mrgreen: :lol:
I thought I saw you use your fingertips, not your knuckles when you were playing Dan's 4001! :mrgreen:
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

Guys and girls, this looked like a really fantastic time. I sincerely regret not getting my act together and getting out there for this one. "He who hesitates..."

I can't wait to see you all again and meet some of you for the first time, whether it be on my coast or yours. :D
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

So, Collin wasn't there. This makes me about 10% less ticked off about not being there.

Looks like a great time was had by everyone. I see there were a lot of low-wattage amps there. Steve F, that was your Silverface Deluxe that Paul A was plugged into?

So many beautiful guitars: two Wilsons, some RoMo RIs and Paul W's warehouse. Man, I wish I coulda been there. Don't worry, this October, I'm pretty sure I'll get to see some of you from this meeting. Count on it! :D
Danotron
Intermediate Member

Post by Danotron »

kiramdear wrote::lol: My own bad. That's a great sounding, great playing bass. Didn't you have a 620 sister for that, same year?
Yes indeed! That's my '73 620 in the very first picture that Doug posted in this thread (I think on page 25) right next to the 1997 I bought from our own Bob Belloff which I played at BARC almost the whole time. Thanks again Bob 8)

The '73 4001 and 620 make a nice set. As Joey says....JETGLO ROCKS!
BuddyDog
Intermediate Member

Post by BuddyDog »

JakeK wrote:So, Collin wasn't there. This makes me about 10% less ticked off about not being there.

Looks like a great time was had by everyone. I see there were a lot of low-wattage amps there. Steve F, that was your Silverface Deluxe that Paul A was plugged into?

So many beautiful guitars: two Wilsons, some RoMo RIs and Paul W's warehouse. Man, I wish I coulda been there. Don't worry, this October, I'm pretty sure I'll get to see some of you from this meeting. Count on it! :D
No, that was Doug's SFDR, one of 2 or 3 SFDR's I saw there. My SFDR is turning into a closet queen, she doesn't really want to travel. I brought my AC15 Heritage, which can really hang in a small venue.

We (Paul & Rich) are trying to put together a jam for when you come out to CA this fall.
2009 360/6 Fire-Glo 2009 360/12C63 FG 1975 4001 White/BT
Chords mangled, no waiting!
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

rickenbrother wrote:
kiramdear wrote:I skinned my knuckles on those roundwounds, though. :evil: :wink: :mrgreen: :lol:
I thought I saw you use your fingertips, not your knuckles when you were playing Dan's 4001! :mrgreen:
Then I switched to a pick for "I Saw Her Standing There". and my pinky was just getting in the way. :oops: :lol: That's an old bad habit I have ... :roll:
All I wanna do is rock!
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

sloop_john_b wrote:Guys and girls, this looked like a really fantastic time. I sincerely regret not getting my act together and getting out there for this one. "He who hesitates..."

I can't wait to see you all again and meet some of you for the first time, whether it be on my coast or yours. :D
They all need to come to the next MARF. :wink:
modrock

Post by modrock »

Old bad back who has a weak back from about a week back :lol: reporting in to thank Joey ! Cool, a shot of my 360/12V64 !
I hope I don't recover too soon, my wife will have a list of 'to do' projects lined up :P :P
Thanks Rickenbrother from da Bronx !

Gary ( modrock )
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

Oh, by the way, Thomas told me that this was the nicest crowd he'd ever had at the studio. I told him, naturally, Rick fans are a class act. He still wouldn't waive the fee, however ... :evil: :mrgreen:

So I guess we're welcome to come do it again. :)
All I wanna do is rock!

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”