San Francisco Bay Area Confluence ?

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

modrock

Re: San Francisco Bay Area Confluence ?

Post by modrock »

Hey Steve,

After playing your 12 string, I'm convinced to go to TI flats now ! Thanks for letting me play your beautiful guiar ! :D :D

Gary in Santa Rosa
VRICKY63
Intermediate Member

Post by VRICKY63 »

Looks like it was a very festive event. Although I'm the boss, She who makes all the decisions and owns the most Rickenbackers was "under the weather" so we were a no show :( . Nice job Kira. Hope to make the next one.
It's too early in the morning to talk about our relationship !
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

So sorry to hear that, Rick. Hope she feels better soon! I was wondering what happened with you.
All I wanna do is rock!
collin

Post by collin »

Looked like a great time, everyone---I hope life slows down enough that I can make it to the next one!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Nice work everyone. Thanks for the wonderful photos of some knockout Rickenbackers. The captions are great.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

Peter, we all have you to thank as well. :) And sorry for Collin. We'll catch you next time. :)
All I wanna do is rock!
8mileshigher

Re: San Francisco Bay Area Confluence

Post by 8mileshigher »

That was a very enjoyable Confluence yesterday !! :D
So many people to thank --- Gary F. & Kira for conceptualizing this way back when; and big-thanks to Kira for all her efforts at "Herding Cats" and quarterbacking BARC all the way. And everybody who packed their gear and travelled from many far-off locations to participate in BARC deserves recognition.

Special thanks to The Wilczynski family :D for their gracious hospitality and a most enjoyable BARC Brunch there, sitting around the FireGlo table, and looking out on the golf course and having a fantastic meal and champagne with some fantastic people. Sousse Chef Paul A. did his usual great job on the Waffles and his new Waffle-iron was up to the task at hand. (The special ingredient in his Waffle batter was vanilla !)

The visit to Paul W's workshop 8) (where the sanding never stops) and his music-display room downstairs was a big treat !!!! All I can say is W-O-W !!!! And that Jazzbo upstairs was a real work of art !!

Once again, all the Jammers are indebted to the several Drummers 8) who sat in, including Gabe W. and Thomas the Manager at Music Spectrum, who seemed to be having as much fun as the rest of the Rickencrew, with his drumming on lots of oldies. Special recognition to Paulie, for carrying a couple of hours of vocals, during the afternoon !! And hats off to Diane V. for her Grace Slick singing on our impromptu, pick-up version of "White Rabbit".

Like Doug mentioned, I really enjoyed North of Malibu's version of "She Said She Said" and that was a tasteful little extension NOM added on to the end of "Pipeline". That room was swimming with Reverb !!! The Bobbleheads did a great set of high-energy, power-pop tunes and thanks to John A. for letting my pal Joe B. sit-in with you guys, adding some guitar licks on his VooDoo Strat.

It was great to meet the many RRF-ers and put those names and faces together. Lots of nice guitars and basses on display. Hope several of you can make it down to one of our SoCal Mini Cons in the future. I’ll post some pictures after I resize them. A big thumbs up to Paul W. and Kira, for making it a fantastic day ! :D :D
Last edited by 8mileshigher on Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

kiramdear wrote:Peter, we all have you to thank as well. :)
+1 on those sentiments ! :D
Last edited by 8mileshigher on Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kenposurf
RRF Consultant

Post by kenposurf »

Cool..I thought that was a Voodoo Strat..Love a reverse headstock!
analogpackrat

Post by analogpackrat »

How could I forget Gabe!? He dropped right into some great drumming on a bunch of tunes. We definitely need to recruit him for any future events!

I think Thomas might be Rick convert after yesterday. He seemed to "get it" after hearing it all day :-).

And we also forgot to thank Steve for bringing a bunch of munchies, water, and fire water! He even remembered the napkins!

Looking forward to seeing some other peoples' pics. BTW, if you want a nice pic viewer and editor, download XnView (Windows only). It has a nice batch mode once you figure out what you want to do.
If it is to be, it is up to me.
windchimp
Intermediate Member

Post by windchimp »

Wow - looks like a great time was had by all! Would have been there myself, but alas the stars did not align this time...but there will be a "next time", right?

I want to echo the sentiment and say "thanks" to Peter as well...I've been to several confluences - micro, mini, major and galactic (!) - all thanks to this forum. All with a common thread - great people, and "the people make the party". 8)
"Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time"
Bighouse
Intermediate Member

Post by Bighouse »

johnashfield wrote:Did anyone get pics of the bobbleheads?

I'd love to see them!
John, you'll need a mirror! Oh!...you mean the pics- not the band! ;)

Kira et al, I'm sorry I missed the event. Sounds like everyone had a great time though and I hope I can attend the next one.

For anyone wishing to see John and his bandmates at work/play, you can always check out: http://www.thebobbleheads.com/
Because I told you before- oh, you can't do that.
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

OK ---- I've got some pics here ..... most of my pics are from the BARC Brunch and Paul W's fabulous workshop and showroom:

Batch #1
Attachments
L to R  Kira's next door neighbor sitting, Gabriel who sat in on  drums, Paul A., Woody and John A.   (Dalia behind Woody putting some food on the serving table)
L to R Kira's next door neighbor sitting, Gabriel who sat in on drums, Paul A., Woody and John A. (Dalia behind Woody putting some food on the serving table)
Paul A. stirring up the Waffle batter in Dalia's kitchen
Paul A. stirring up the Waffle batter in Dalia's kitchen
Morning coffee
Morning coffee
Paul W. and John A.
Paul W. and John A.
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Batch # 2 from the BARC Brunch and Paul W's showroom and workshop
Attachments
Paul A. and Gabe W. at the serving table
Paul A. and Gabe W. at the serving table
Diane, Kira and Joey with Paul W. in background
Diane, Kira and Joey with Paul W. in background
Around one of the deck tables
Around one of the deck tables
Maybe one of these is yours ??  Awaiting the final finish and buffing ....
Maybe one of these is yours ?? Awaiting the final finish and buffing ....
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Here is Batch #3 ---- the fabulous downstairs of Paul's house:
Attachments
If I'm not mistaken, this was an old junky one that Paul W. picked up on Craig's List and will turn it into another crown jewel
If I'm not mistaken, this was an old junky one that Paul W. picked up on Craig's List and will turn it into another crown jewel
Paul W. explains how the sand grit  mysteriously disappears from his workshop
Paul W. explains how the sand grit mysteriously disappears from his workshop
Wish You Were Here !!!
Wish You Were Here !!!
Drool !!!
Drool !!!

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”