New Englanders?

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Re: New Englanders?

Post by kiramdear »

FretlessOnly wrote:
All that said, I posted this months ago. And tried to bring it up again to no avail. Given the lackluster feedback over time, I'll be happy to attend, but in no way will I be part of any organization. I was willing to do that some months ago...
I had the same feeling when I tried to organize the SF members two years ago and it fizzled. Maybe it's just a matter of timing, or who knows, but we pulled it off this year with huge success and good attendance. It was well worth a second try. :wink: :)
All I wanna do is rock!
T.A.R.
Intermediate Member

Post by T.A.R. »

Please don't give up hope. I'm in, when and where? That's all I need to know :wink:
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Given the current economic climate it is difficult to pull these off. When we did RIO!!! Shari & I did all the leg work, after calling out for some usable dates to plan the event. Start by getting a head count of who may be interested and when they may be available, but give them a timeline, say Halloween weekend, that sort of thing.
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

FretlessOnly wrote:
doctorwho wrote:
BTW, the thread title is amusingly ambiguous ... :D
Gary, I may have inadvertently added some ambiguity to weed out fly by nighters, but I find it hard to justify the statement that a thread in "Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences" entitled "New Englanders?" could be in any way, shape, or form ambiguous in terms of asking the obvious question: "Any New Englanders wanna have a conference or confluence? A conflaguaration or comfortabulation would be OK as well.

All that said, I posted this months ago. And tried to bring it up again to no avail. Given the lackluster feedback over time, I'll be happy to attend, but in no way will I be part of any organization. I was willing to do that some months ago...
Sorry if my reference to ambiguity hit you the wrong way, John, as that wasn't the intent. My perspective was from whether "new" was or wasn't capitalized: "New Englanders" vs. "new Englanders" ... :D

Anyway, don't give up hope, these sometimes take a couple of attempts before they get off the ground. :)
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

Organizing a confluence can sometimes be a frustrating and thankless task, until you finally get the participants there, chatting away, checking out Ricks, and playing music, which is when you'll be really happy you bothered. :D

Operative term: "Herding Cats"

The So Cal bunch has organized a few confluences, so we can sympathize with the frustrating aspects, but they're a lot of fun! :D

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”