The KEY to Happiness

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

elreydlp
Intermediate Member

The KEY to Happiness

Post by elreydlp »

Thanks again to ALL who helped look for my key.
Today, as I was cleaning out my cooler (which I checked at least 5 times); there it was at the bottom, under the ice! So now, I owe my wife about 10 years worth of weekends of chores for bringing the spare from Temecula.
She'll probably give me time off for good behavior, so I might see you again before the end of the Century.
Seriously, thanks to ALL of you and I'm looking forward to getting together again-SOON!
Skip
melibreits

Re: The KEY to Happiness

Post by melibreits »

So glad you found your keys.... All's well that ends well! :D
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Glad you found them Skip! We were all feeling bad for ya!
Maybe something similar will happen with you wife and you guys will be even. Yeah, I know it doesn't work the same with women! :roll: :lol:
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
windchimp
Intermediate Member

Post by windchimp »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: In the Cooler....sounds like you'll be doing time in the Cooler! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously - glad you found them Skip....next time we'll tie them to a 2 X 4 and lash it to your leg! :twisted:
"Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time"
collin

Post by collin »

right on!!

Glad you found em, Skip.

Go figure they were in the ice chest (makes sense, considering you lost them while opening a beer). Yeah, we searched that place high and low....no biggie though, we found all those spanish doubloons and the Lindbergh baby, so it wasn't an entirely wasted effort. :lol:
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

collin wrote: Yeah, we searched that place high and low....no biggie though, we found all those spanish doubloons and the Lindbergh baby, so it wasn't an entirely wasted effort. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad you found 'em Skip !!!
Now you'll have to write a song about it ----- Key to the Highway, with a Surf beat ??
elreydlp
Intermediate Member

Post by elreydlp »

windchimp wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: In the Cooler....sounds like you'll be doing time in the Cooler! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously - glad you found them Skip....next time we'll tie them to a 2 X 4 and lash it to your leg! :twisted:
That's similar to my wifes suggestion! She was a good sport. I just had to take her to Marie Callendars for pie and coffee and listen to a lecture.

Thanks again to all who helped look. Shows what a great bunch of people you are! Sorry to put you through it.
kennyhowes
Veteran RRF member

Post by kennyhowes »

Did the water mess up your door-lock clicker?
elreydlp
Intermediate Member

Post by elreydlp »

NO! That was the most amazing thing. The ice had melted and it was under a few inches of COLD water. I stuck it out the door and clicked. The doors unlocked. I did dry it with a hair dryer after that. Working fine.
melibreits

Post by melibreits »

I sure do hope this key thing isn't some kind of epidemic.... Last night when I was packing and getting ready to fly home I commented to Marc that I couldn't find my keys, but thought that maybe I had left them at my parents' house in Duluth when I dropped the boys off there. So anyway, he took his car key off of his key ring and gave it to me, assuming that I would find my key ring when I got to my parents' house.... Well, I drove home from the airport and combed my parents' house for my keys, but to no avail. It turns out that when we left my parents' house early on Saturday morning, Marc had grabbed my keys, thinking that they were his (our key rings are very similar).... and he is still out in SoCal with both of our sets of keys! Fortunately I was able to call our friend Billy on my cel phone, and he was able to hide an extra key for me--he has our spare, as he is the one who comes to feed the cat when we are gone for more than a few days at a time.... But what a fiasco! I'm not able to get into our garage, and don't have my key to the PO box.... I am going to go and buy a very distinctive key chain so we both know which keys are MINE! :roll:

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”