GilFest®

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

jps
RRF Consultant

Re: GilFest®

Post by jps »

Ken, who all is coming to this, so far?
j_gary
Intermediate Member

Post by j_gary »

Ken,

If I may, a thought on an evening/jamming activity. A trio I jam with is playing at a local stink-hole Saturday night. It's called Kelly's Irish Tavern, located on Hayes just south of 19 Mile in Clinton Township. All would be welcome to eat, drink, jam, sing, or throw fresh vegetables. The band is not that good but we are LOUD!
ken_j
RRF Consultant

Post by ken_j »

jps wrote:Ken, who all is coming to this, so far?
Gil
You
Sharri
Kevin K.
John A.
Gary W.
Hugh B. (my Rick mentor, he will be suppling a bass amp)
& Myself
Scott T. may join for any evening festivities
j_gary wrote:Ken,

If I may, a thought on an evening/jamming activity. A trio I jam with is playing at a local stink-hole Saturday night. It's called Kelly's Irish Tavern, located on Hayes just south of 19 Mile in Clinton Township. All would be welcome to eat, drink, jam, sing, or throw fresh vegetables. The band is not that good but we are LOUD!
Since the only plans I have made were for the afternoon and dinner following I see no problem with this if you want to organize it. It is about an hour drive from this side of town. I currently plan on doing this in my living room but still have hopes on getting a concert room at a local music store I will know in a day or so.
"The best things in life aren't things."
j_gary
Intermediate Member

Post by j_gary »

Ken! WHAT?!!! Me organize something? YIKES!

No worries sir, it's just a thought, if you are able to get our own space that would be better. With the throngs of screaming super-models at our shows it can be hard to talk. Besides, I don't see a single Irishman on the guest list. HA!

BTW Ken, can I bring something Saturday? Can't cook to save my life but there is a Kroger's nearby.
j_gary
Intermediate Member

Post by j_gary »

AW ****!

Ken, I'm afraid I may be out. I play in a Worship band at Heritage Church in Macomb Township. They purchased a new facility a year ago and are having a grand opening Sunday. I thought I was safe but I've just been told we are having a dress rehearsal Saturday afternoon. I'm going to try and escape as soon as I can to get out, but the knucklehead band is playing Saturday evening so it will be tricky carving out a couple hours. I shall do my best as I'm thinking the GilFest is going to be big fun.

Either way sir, I shall talk to you later.

Gary
gibsonlp
Technical Admin

Post by gibsonlp »

Gary: just do the right and honorable thing: tell them that you are sick ;)

I landed yesterday and am now in Milford.
All is well, see you guys soon.
So long and thanks for all the fish!
krick
Veteran RRF member

Post by krick »

Welcome to Michigan!

See you Saturday.
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

krick wrote:Welcome to Michigan!

See you Saturday.
Yeah, no wonder it cleared up (was supposed to rain this afternoon) and warmed up. :lol: Welcome to Michigan!
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

j_gary wrote:AW ****!

Ken, I'm afraid I may be out. I play in a Worship band at Heritage Church in Macomb Township. They purchased a new facility a year ago and are having a grand opening Sunday. I thought I was safe but I've just been told we are having a dress rehearsal Saturday afternoon. I'm going to try and escape as soon as I can to get out, but the knucklehead band is playing Saturday evening so it will be tricky carving out a couple hours. I shall do my best as I'm thinking the GilFest is going to be big fun.

Either way sir, I shall talk to you later.

Gary
Gary: just do the right and honorable thing: tell them that you are sick :wink:
I agree! If your praise band can't do the opening without a dress rehearsal, then it won't matter, you guys aren't ready! :mrgreen:

You'll have a lot of opportunities to perform with the band, but only this short opportunity to get to see Gil. :wink:
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

I am glad to hear you and Kareene got in safely, Gil. :D See you two, Saturday. 8)
j_gary
Intermediate Member

Post by j_gary »

Hi Gil! Great idea, however they know I've been "sick" for years!

Hey Jeff! You are spot on about being ready. They were just finishing the building as we unloaded last Sunday. They have a huge PA and lighting system that has yet to be set up and tested. This could be a real clown show this Sunday. I must dress appropriately!

Hoping to at least stop by for a quick hello!
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

j_gary wrote:Hoping to at least stop by for a quick hello!
I for one will be really disappointed if you don't. :wink:
j_gary
Intermediate Member

Post by j_gary »

Thank you John for the kind words, you are a scholar and a gentleman. It would be great to meet you and the gang.
ken_j
RRF Consultant

Post by ken_j »

Just a few more hours. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"The best things in life aren't things."
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Well, hurry up with the pics!! This getting to be as slow as ScottFest®! :mrgreen:
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”