GilFest®

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

jps
RRF Consultant

GilFest®

Post by jps »

Anyone up to MiniRIO!!! :?: It seems that Gil is going to be in the area this month and into September, can we get some of the midwest RRF faithful together for a small confluence?
incubus2432

Re: GilFest®

Post by incubus2432 »

I'm around so let me know when......with some notice I should be able to juggle my schedule around enough to make it work. All I have to offer besides my award winning personality is my LK though.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

That 's not too shabby, I suppose! :lol:

Who's bringing the Mazto? :mrgreen:
gibsonlp
Technical Admin

Post by gibsonlp »

Hey guys.
I gave the wrong dates to Jeff, sorry - I'll be in Milford from around Sep 21st to Oct 5th.
So long and thanks for all the fish!
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

I just got off the phone with Ken Joseph, we came to the same conclusion that you must have meant October, not August.

If we can do it up near you guys (Detroit area) would work best for Ken; this way maybe some of the Chicago area forumites can partake in this, also.
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

Oh man, another one I'm going to miss. That late Sept. through October is right in the heart of my busy season.
JimK
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Sorry to hear that, Jim. You need a clone!

Will the weekend of Sept 25 work for most of us? This may be best for Ken; let us know, thanks. :)
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

Count me in. It will be great meeting Gil face to face and catching up with the Midwest forumites again. I could schlep a few basses if anyone's interested in seeing them again.
ken_j
RRF Consultant

Post by ken_j »

My intentions are to use my living room. I can handle 12 to 15 people. Anything larger and I would need to find a place. Then find a restaurant for dinner. We first need to check dates with Gil. I am about a 15 minute drive from downtown Milford, so if we do it near here that leaves more time for Gil to be with family on this short visit.
"The best things in life aren't things."
teeder

Post by teeder »

Kind of a bad time for me, but I may be able to make it work.
gibsonlp
Technical Admin

Post by gibsonlp »

Thanks guys, once I'll have a more exact time frame I'll post it here , however - I do believe the time frame I gave is the right one, so unless something really bad will happen - I will be able to make it during one of these days.
This means that you should find the time which is convenient to you (weekend probably?) and I'll match my schedule to yours.

Thanks again.
So long and thanks for all the fish!
harrek

Post by harrek »

I'm not sure of my exact schedule around that time. But given that I'm around and not on my East
coast trip I'd love to stop in and meet some of the Forum members. And no danger of torturing any
of you with my bass playing.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

harrek wrote:And no danger of torturing any
Why is that?
harrek

Post by harrek »

jps wrote:
harrek wrote:And no danger of torturing any
Why is that?
Lol....well I've not played long, and I don't know that most the songs I can play (with the
music in front of me) would be considered typical Rick pieces! But I don't play to gig out,
or be a virtuoso like Chris Squire. I play because I do enjoy it. I'd far rather listen to the
words and get wisdom from the other Rick players. Guess I'm just too self conscious still
outta my very small circle of friends I play with....
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

No need to be afraid of playing with any of us, we don't have egos big enough to expect everyone to be a fluent musician, when we get together it is to have fun. :D

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”