DC mini-con anyone?

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

ajish4
RRF Moderator

Re: DC mini-con anyone?

Post by ajish4 »

ben_brown wrote:
johnallg wrote:
blueflamerick wrote:We can go to one of the Capitol City Brewing Co locations. Tasty beers.

http://www.capcitybrew.com/
OOOoooooo!! BTDT! Tasty indeed.

Jason - the Metro in DC is just one more of the city's gems. Cheap, clean, safe, and quick.
safe????? :shock:
I thought it was VERY COOL at least! CLEAN TOO! :wink: 8)
bosco64
Veteran RRF member

Post by bosco64 »

I feel asleep on the Red Line about 20 years ago, and I (obviously) missed my stop, so I had to make the return trip to connect back to the Orange Line. Even though it was around 10pm when I woke up, I still felt pretty safe on the Metro. The Metro (for the most part) is pretty safe, but around midnight/1:00 am it can get a little interesting...
"Keep smiling, keep your mouth shut, and nobody gets hurt!" :mrgreen:
Don't bust Mike's chops...
'05 4003 BBR; '99 4001V63 FG; '96 4003S Trans Blue (custom refin from Paul W.)
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

jdogric12 wrote:
ben_brown wrote:
johnallg wrote:Jason - the Metro in DC is just one more of the city's gems. Cheap, clean, safe, and quick.
safe????? :shock:
Heck yes, I'm a noob but id have to say so; that seems to be the concensus. Especially compared to nyc's subs.
I imagine it depends on the neighborhood and all, but the kids hopped the Metro and were down on the mall alone (well, they were 23, 20, and 16) around midnight. Got spotlighted by a black helocopter though! :lol: I have never felt threatened on the DC Metro or downtown DC, even a week after 9/11. Hell, with all the security and air force overhead 24/7 it was probably the safest place on earth.

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”