Milwaukee! June 11-12 2011

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

jps
RRF Consultant

Re: Milwaukee! June 11-12 2011

Post by jps »

We are here, are you? :mrgreen:

Plans are to meet in the lobby of the Hampton Inn by 7:30 for dinner, who's joining us?

I will post this in the other MARC threads, too.
melibreits

Post by melibreits »

We'll be there.... See you in a short while!
bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

Don't forget, Melibee, we start at 12:30pm! See you then!
Author: "The Rickenbacker Electric Bass - 50 Years As Rock's Bottom"
melibreits

Post by melibreits »

I'll be there..... We're staying at the Country Inn, practically next door to the Hampton Inn.
chrisdski
Intermediate Member

Post by chrisdski »

Pictures!!!
wmthor
Veteran RRF member

Post by wmthor »

chrisdski wrote:Pictures!!!
I can only presume that the lack of pictures is due to the fact that they're having too much. :mrgreen:
'96 1997 LH MG
'98 360 LH MG
'00 360/12 Carl Wilson LH FG
'07 730S Shiloh LH
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

The Beatles are there, right now! :shock:
byu
Intermediate Member

Post by byu »

Here are some pics from Saturday. I'll let others subtitle these. I had a great time playing a lot of these and chatting with everyone. Wish I could have gone on Sunday.

Danotron
Intermediate Member

Post by Danotron »

Wow.....Jackpot!

Some killer instruments there :D
ken_j
RRF Consultant

Post by ken_j »

Who brought the RCA? Everything looks great I wish I was up to the trip.
"The best things in life aren't things."
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

Who brought the awesome looking Jetglo McGuinn and Wilson 12-string? Certainly no one I can think of right away.

Son of a biscuit, this looked like a danged good time! I wish I could have been there, but funds are tight, I'm wondering if I can still make it to Los Angeles for SCARF, due to some...stuff...only Rich and Joey are going to know about right now if anyone will...

Who all was there? Who had the best time? Who's going to post pics for those of us who don't have Facebook? (LIKE ME! :D) What amps were seen? Which instrument was who's favorite? Why am I asking you all these questions???
bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

The RCA, Wilson, and McGuinn all belong to the picture poster, Bill Henshell from Chicago. In attendance were Jeff Scott and Shari Wong from Cleveland, John Algeier from Kalamazoo, Michigan, Melissa and Mark Breitsprecher (sp?) and their two boys from Grand Marais (sp again?), Jeff Thomas from Chicago, Doug Berg from Cleveland, Randy M. from Peewaukee, WI, and some friends from the Beat Gear Cavern forum, Rick (Rick381) and Nick King from Baraboo WI, and today Keith and Karen from Chicago. Also stopping by on Saturday was Gary Holbeck from North Coast Music. We had just about 60 instruments total, about half of them basses (I wonder why?). Last night after supper we watched A Hard Day's Night DVD projected, and everyone enjoyed it. Today, the Breitsprecher Bunch went to the afternoon Milwaukee Brewers game and enjoyed the Brew Crew win over the dreaded St. Louis Cardinals to take over first place in the National League Central division! Go Brewers! We adjourned and packed up for a late lunch about 2:30, with many on their way home right after. It was a great time

Thanks to everyone who made it all the way here, and for helping me schlep the "Forest" in and out and resetting the tables and chairs. And special thanks to my truck driver and friend, Al Jones and his trusty Ram pickup.
Author: "The Rickenbacker Electric Bass - 50 Years As Rock's Bottom"
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Thanks to all who made this intimate confluence a great success. :D The quality of the folks were what made this a great time, if not the quantity. 8) Paul & Dorothy were superb hosts, Shari & I just got back to the hotel from a very nice afternoon at Chéz/Casa de Boyer and the wonderful town of Cedarburg that they live in. :D The Rickenbacker National Forest made it's way to the confluence as the photos show. :shock: Bill's instruments were fantastic, as was Bill, himself, finally getting to spend some real quality time with him, as well as with all those who attended. The other Jeff was also great to spend time with (in the past we hadn't really had much time together :| ) I got to do some playing with Melissa :D (calm down, guys, it was a musical playing thing 8) ), and getting to meet new folks was a treat. :D Unfortunately, Paul, George, John and Ringo could only stick around for about an hour and a half. :( But all was good, just the same. 8)

Till the next one! 8) 8) 8)
melibreits

Post by melibreits »

Yes, the group of people was rather small, however there was a great number of beautiful Rickenbacker guitars and basses in attendance. Thanks to Paul for putting this event together, and to everyone else who showed up! I look forward to the next Milwaukee confluence! I'll post pics after I get back home... My camera doesn't interface very well with our laptop.
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

First a huge thank you to Paul and Dorothy for planning a great weekend. A fun time was had by all. It was very intimate and a great opportunity to catch up with friends and make new ones. There were so many quality and vintage instruments - what an opportunity to experience them. Regret - not strumming Bill's Comstock 12-string acoustic.

Learned a lot of new-to-me Rick knowledge ( mostly guitars), learned a couple new songs (thanks Jeff S), and learned it is not wiser and about an hour longer to take the Chicago Skyway back through town (a parking lot downtown). :lol:

A thoroughly enjoyable MARC experience!! Thanks!!

I'll post pics when I get them into the notebook tomorrow.

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”