7th Annual SCARF - This One Goes To 11!

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

jps
RRF Consultant

Re: 7th Annual SCARF - This One Goes To 11!

Post by jps »

I better not post in this thread, otherwise, Joey will expect me to show up. :mrgreen:
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Joey said:
The So Cal regulars will be unofficially celebrating the 80th anniversary of RIC.
And here's me thinking it was my attendance that was getting everybody excited!! :?

*totally shattered*
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

ozover50 wrote:Joey said:
The So Cal regulars will be unofficially celebrating the 80th anniversary of RIC.
And here's me thinking it was my attendance that was getting everybody excited!! :?

*totally shattered*
Yours?? Gee, and here I thought it was my attendance. :mrgreen:
JimK
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

Don't worry, there will be plenty of celebrating your presence. . . . prolly no one should try to match Aitch's drinking as a mode of celebration. . . :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

jps wrote:I better not post in this thread, otherwise, Joey will expect me to show up. :mrgreen:
Well Jeffo, now you're expected!
jimk wrote:
ozover50 wrote:Joey said:

*totally shattered*
Yours?? Gee, and here I thought it was my attendance. :mrgreen:
JimK
Not only do we intend to unofficially celebrate the 80th anniversary of RIC, we also intend to make sure all our friends who have traveled a distance have a fun time! :)
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
Danotron
Intermediate Member

Post by Danotron »

Personally, I'll be officially celebrating all of the above

(because that's how I celebrate.............officially) 8)
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

rickenbrother wrote:Not only do we intend to unofficially celebrate the 80th anniversary of RIC, we also intend to make sure all our friends who have traveled a distance have a fun time! :)
What's her name?
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

It's on my calendar. :)
All I wanna do is rock!
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

jps wrote:
rickenbrother wrote:Not only do we intend to unofficially celebrate the 80th anniversary of RIC, we also intend to make sure all our friends who have traveled a distance have a fun time! :)
What's her name?
Is Shari coming without you? :? :lol: :mrgreen:

We show our guests a good time. See here:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=401241
larsongs

Post by larsongs »

Happy 80th Anniversary Rickenbacker! I'm happy to just bring my Ric's. Less to lug. Sounds like Vox Amps are covered I'll leave my AC15CC1X home.

At most of the Open Mic's & Jam Sessions around here they usually have a sign up sheet, which nobody pays attention to, & allow each Player 2-3 Songs. Maybe a House Drummer.

I'm fine with just hangin' out with some cool Dudes, havin' a good time, Seein' & talkin' about the Gear, Singin' lead or backup & Playin' Rhythm, Harp or Bass a bit if invited.

Glenn
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

I know it's early to say, but out of everyone (local and out of town), who is definitely confirmed, and who are maybes?

Basically, what's our headcount as of right now?

ALSO: FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WANT TO PLAY PETTY SONGS, BUT DON'T KNOW THE CHORDS: I have sheet music books for Damn the Torpedoes and Hard Promises and just bought Long After Dark today. Bear in mind, they are for rhythm guitar and piano only, there is no tab. But still, I am hoping to play "Refugee" once again (the version I played with Rich, Joey and Steve F last year sounds extremely similar to the alternate take heard on the Damn the Torpedoes Deluxe Edition, two rhythm guitars, bass, drums and organ, FREAKY!!!), and try "Here Comes My Girl" (no one can back out of it now, I HAVE SHEET MUSIC!) and maybe "You Got Lucky"
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

jps wrote:I better not post in this thread, otherwise, Joey will expect me to show up. :mrgreen:
Well, you did, so now you ARE expected!! No backing out, Mr. Scott!! No excuses, no nonsense, no nothin'!! :P :P
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

JakeK wrote:I know it's early to say, but out of everyone (local and out of town), who is definitely confirmed, and who are maybes?

Basically, what's our headcount as of right now?

ALSO: FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WANT TO PLAY PETTY SONGS, BUT DON'T KNOW THE CHORDS: I have sheet music books for Damn the Torpedoes and Hard Promises and just bought Long After Dark today. Bear in mind, they are for rhythm guitar and piano only, there is no tab. But still, I am hoping to play "Refugee" once again (the version I played with Rich, Joey and Steve F last year sounds extremely similar to the alternate take heard on the Damn the Torpedoes Deluxe Edition, two rhythm guitars, bass, drums and organ, FREAKY!!!), and try "Here Comes My Girl" (no one can back out of it now, I HAVE SHEET MUSIC!) and maybe "You Got Lucky"
Prolly best to stick to the album/radio versions, because most folks know those. :D

I'm not sure how many keyboard playing attendees will be there, so it would be wonderful if those who have them would invite some keyboard playing friends; in my band, our key playing skills are less then rudimentary; we had to write the names of the notes on the keys, and the rest of the guys hide the keyboard from me. :lol:

We have a few drummer friends who like to jam now; those of you who know them, remember they're music lovers as well, so maybe ask them what songs they'd like to play.
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

paologregorio wrote:Prolly best to stick to the album/radio versions, because most folks know those. :D
I either texted or PM'd you about it, but what I meant was I didn't intend for the SCARF version of "Refugee" to sound like the alternate take, it just did. I was sitting with my keyboard friend (who MIGHT make it, I need to talk with him seriously about it soon), and compared the two versions, it was him who said, "Holy similar!"

Again, I can scan full pages of songs (chords only, no tab) I want to play but no-one knows how. Especially if you like to use your guitar's vibrato bar, "You Got Lucky" would be a great contender.
johnhall
RIC

Post by johnhall »

I don't know what the solution is but in the relatively short time that I was at last year's SCARF, it seemed some people simply were quite discourteous and hogged the stage. I know that rather diminished my enthusiasm for the event.

We understand that there may a disparity between numbers of guitarists, bassists, and drummers which requires some flexibility, but on the other hand, some people just need to learn to sit some numbers out to give others a fair chance.

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”