7th Annual SCARF - This One Goes To 11!

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

cjj
RRF Moderator

Re: 7th Annual SCARF - This One Goes To 11!

Post by cjj »

Thanks for posting all of those great pics! It's not really like being there, but it's the closest some of us were able to come to the actual thing. Looks like a great time!
8) 8) 8)
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

Fantastic event! Gear to stow away, then off to pick up Jim K and meet the bunch for brunch. :)
There is no reason to ever be bored.

...why yes, I suppose I do have a double bound guitar fetish...

"Uh, I like the double bounds. . . ."
BuddyDog
Intermediate Member

Post by BuddyDog »

Another great SCARF event! Thanks to Dan-o for fronting the cost of the room rental (hope we got enough donations to cover), Rich for helping organize, Joey and Diane for all the hard work in setting this up and pulling it off (plus the cake!), Paulie for his great cat herding, Paul W. for bringing all those beautiful Acoustics (drool), John Hall for bringing a drum kit, a PA system and his outstanding band, HauteWerk (it must have been a LOOOONG day for him).

Thanks to the Byrds Collective for a nice set, Jerry Juden for the free CD's (can't wait to listen) and all the jam mates who put up with a fumble fingered geezer trying to remember where the bridge goes.

Oh, and thanks for helping to break in the Celestions on the AC30. :D

Enjoy the Monday Jam and safe travels to Aitch, Jim K., Larry Davis, Jake K and any other long distance travelers.
2009 360/6 Fire-Glo 2009 360/12C63 FG 1975 4001 White/BT
Chords mangled, no waiting!
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

What a BLAST! I had so much fun, this definitely was better than last year. I jammed on three songs, and strained the trap out of my voice, but I had fun. This weekend has been so much fun, it seems like I'm living a crazy dream!

I enjoyed seeing some old faces and meeting some new friends. We're an awesome group of people, no one forget that!

By the way, I do have a few photos, but it looks like this thing is being documented like a high-school graduation!
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

It was a great day!. Sorry for those whose missed it. Don Black?!?! I'd heard from Tracy Sands, he got tied up. I hope Don is okay!

Thanks you to all my fellow So Cal buddies who helped get this going, especially Dan-o would helped me keep my sanity though the planning!

HUGE thanks to John Hall and Hautewerk drummer Paul Brown! They made putting on this great event so much easier, as they provided the PA and drum kit. JH also brought a soundman!

Thanks to everyone for coming, especially the long distance travelers. Safe travels home!I hope everyone had a great time, as I did!
Funny how is seems like a long day, but it passes so quickly!

Congrats to RIC on their 80th anniversary! All the best for the next 80 years! :)
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
wmthor
Veteran RRF member

Post by wmthor »

BuddyDog wrote:...Paul W. for bringing all those beautiful Acoustics (drool), ...
From the photos, I counted something like eight acoustics, including Jerry's. Were any of them used during the jam?

Looks like fun was had by all.
'96 1997 LH MG
'98 360 LH MG
'00 360/12 Carl Wilson LH FG
'07 730S Shiloh LH
clearblue
Intermediate Member

Post by clearblue »

wmthor wrote:
BuddyDog wrote:...Paul W. for bringing all those beautiful Acoustics (drool), ...
From the photos, I counted something like eight acoustics, including Jerry's. Were any of them used during the jam?

Looks like fun was had by all.

I think there were about 10 - 12 acoustics and at least one was played. I think it was in Hautewerk.
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

rickenbrother wrote:It was a great day!. Sorry for those whose missed it. Don Black?!?! I'd heard from Tracy Sands, he got tied up. I hope Don is okay!
I think Don's OK, just a bit mad due to a flight screw-up:
fatcat wrote:I'm as mad as a wet hen, Deta connection Skywest screwed up the flight info , sent me to the wrong gate, and the agent there didn't tell me about the change until after pushback.I had time to make it had I known.
The next flight would have gotten me there about ending time.Grrrrr........ :evil:
posting.php?mode=quote&f=15&p=707308
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Here is a photo link from Pat with Byrds Collective for another 55 pictures he took at the beginning of SCARF and with Hautewerk's set

http://picasaweb.google.com/pehayes2/SCARF2011
analogpackrat

Post by analogpackrat »

Looks like another great SoCal event! Bummed I couldn't make it, but glad to see pics of everyone having a good time. Rich, your "new" 480 really pops on stage!
If it is to be, it is up to me.
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

analogpackrat wrote:Looks like another great SoCal event! Bummed I couldn't make it, but glad to see pics of everyone having a good time. Rich, your "new" 480 really pops on stage!
Thanks Doug ... sorry you couldn't make it down. The good news is that from discussions with Paul W and several folks, there is enthusiasm brewing for another 8) BARC in the future.
s4001

Post by s4001 »

That 480 was a sight to behold. Nice catch, Rich!
Folkie
Advanced Member

Post by Folkie »

I'm so sorry I missed this one! Just couldn't sum up the money or the energy to attend :(. If MARF is annual, I might check that out next time around (Lindenwold, New Jersey is a lot closer to me than Los Alamitos, and I have relatives there.)

Thanks everyone for all the photos. Maybe next year! :D

Robert
dgwguitars

Post by dgwguitars »

Stupendous event!! Good to meet all of the West Coast (and places in-between) crowd, great guitars, great music - what more could you ask for?

Larry
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

Finally home! I have to say I had a great time. Thanks to Joey, Dan-o, and Rich for heading this up. And to JH for all the behind the scenes work. It was a real treat to play a few numbers with the Byrds Collective. And the Beatles' jam was a real hoot, even if I did have a brain lapse and forget the changes to the middle 8 on A Hard Days' Night! :lol:

Here's Set 1 of the photos I took during the week end.
JimK
Attachments
100_0354.jpg
100_0352.jpg
100_0353.jpg
100_0351.jpg
Last edited by jimk on Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”