7th Annual SCARF - This One Goes To 11!

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

datru

Re: 7th Annual SCARF - This One Goes To 11!

Post by datru »

Nothing bad, just life and business interfering.

At least I won't get the serious case of Ric-envy I got last time! :-)
Danotron
Intermediate Member

Post by Danotron »

datru wrote:Nothing bad, just life and business interfering.

I'm not so sure. There may be.....................pictures.............
windchimp
Intermediate Member

Post by windchimp »

Danotron wrote:
datru wrote:Nothing bad, just life and business interfering.

I'm not so sure. There may be.....................pictures.............
snap-snap-grin-grin-wink-wink...nudge nudge know what I mean? :lol:

...nod's as good as wink to a blind bat! :mrgreen:
"Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time"
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

I'll be on hand with my camera taking LOTS of pictures, I'll post the good ones, and leave out the crummy ones. And no, CJ, the ones I post will not be JUST of me, this time! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joey...I remember last year you said you thought you left your house with your camera fully charged, but it died by the time you were ready to take a picture. Might I suggest taking the charger with you to SCARF? I'll make sure you remember to bring it home!

Okay, I leave New Orleans tomorrow at 4:00pm Central and arrive in So Cal at 6:30pm Pacific time. It is a nonstop flight, and I have an iPod with all four of the Bangles' albums (plus the non album tracks on compilations such as Greatest Hits and The Essential) that need to be listened to.

I know I've been an eager beaver throughout the course of this thread (feels like when I first joined here! :shock: ) and I've apologized to Rich, Paulie and Joey, and they understood. I've downsized the number of songs I intend to play on and will only play/sing on the ones I know by heart (such as Refugee, All Over Now, Hound Dog, All of the Night, Day Tripper, etc), and don't really have to remind myself how to play. There will be no Jake and Friends, because Pat Hayes said The Byrds Collective aren't playing; if they aren't doing a set, I shouldn't either. I never get to play with a band, and I come from an area whose only Rics he knows of are his own. Like Mike S, Paulie and Joey have said, I'll gladly step aside for anyone who has their heart set on playing a certain song.

I'm also looking forward to meeting Mike S, Paul W, Larry Davis, Kira, Jim K and anyone else who's willing to meet me. And no, Mike, I don't want to bust your chops, playing wise or your sideburns. :lol:

Right now, I'd also like to thank Gary Clauson and Dan Saifer for bringing certain instruments for me to play (again, for whatever I WANT to play). You guys are the bombs for this, and like last year, I'll ask before I touch (that goes to EVERYONE), and will change my playing styles, such as no windmills and not so heavy strumming. Gary, I hope the Pete Townshend, Roger McGuinn and FG Tom Petty models are ready for me, I'm going to make them real chord machines! :D

I'll see anyone who's going to this on Saturday! We're gonna have some fun! :mrgreen: :D :twisted:
Last edited by JakeK on Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pehayes2

Post by pehayes2 »

Jake, I'm looking forward to playing those songs we signed up for with Jim K! See you Saturday.

Pat
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

I have to do at least a couple of windmills and toggle switch wiggles, but I do those anyway, without even thinking about it. . . :lol:

When not on drums, Paul Sakry is happy to lend a hand with the vocals when needed, as is his band mate and mutual friend off his and mine, Nick Benich. :) I'm trying to get him to join the forum. He's looking for a Jetglo 330, by the way. Beaters are okay, the cheaper the better.

I will play and/or do vocals if needed, but my main focus is to get guys on stage who don't get to play in bands usually, so, as I've said before, if I've signed up for a song someone else wants to play, sing, or both, or wants to do either thing on the day of, I will happily step aside. I tried to sign up for songs that were different or that no one else wanted to play on, and I made a it a point not to sign up for too many songs, to leave the field open.
There is no reason to ever be bored.

...why yes, I suppose I do have a double bound guitar fetish...

"Uh, I like the double bounds. . . ."
fatcat
Intermediate Member

Post by fatcat »

Jake, I'm glad you didn't cut It's All Over Now, thet will be a fun one for me to "Wyman" on with U.
Even if it's the only tune I share on.
Animal

Post by Animal »

Looking foward to jamming with you all again. I had the best time of my life a few short months ago when I was invited to play at "Mini Con Jam" back in February.

Animal (doctorwho's drummer)
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Welcome to the forum John (Animal)...........we love it when drummers join in the fun around here. :D
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
s4001

Post by s4001 »

More drums!
8mileshigher

7th Annual SCARF - This One Goes To 11!

Post by 8mileshigher »

Animal wrote:Looking foward to jamming with you all again. I had the best time of my life a few short months ago when I was invited to play at "Mini Con Jam" back in February.

Animal (doctorwho's drummer)

John, we're real glad to have you on board the RRF !! :D :D
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Welcome to the forum, John. It will good to see and jam with you again! :)
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
Animal

Post by Animal »

Do I need to bring anything such as my cymbals? if so Gary can you pack my cymbals for me? The bag is on the harth behind my kit. I will also need my stick bag that is hanging on the floor tom. Call me if you have any questions.
johnhall
RIC

Post by johnhall »

Paul Brown has graciously provided cymbals along with a drum kit. As a practical matter, it would get a bit time consuming if every drummer wanted to change cymbals.

Mind you, Paul's not bringing his big Ludwig kit but a very serviceable DW import line kit he used to use at Hautewerk rehearsals. As I recall all his cymbals are Zildjian.

Oh, and he's bringing a spare snare.
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

johnhall wrote:Paul Brown has graciously provided cymbals along with a drum kit. As a practical matter, it would get a bit time consuming if every drummer wanted to change cymbals.

Mind you, Paul's not bringing his big Ludwig kit but a very serviceable DW import line kit he used to use at Hautewerk rehearsals. As I recall all his cymbals are Zildjian.

Oh, and he's bringing a spare snare.
John, you and Paul Brown are being such a great help to us. We can't thank you guys enough! :) 8)
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”