Bay Area (BARF, BARC ) again one of these days ?

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

cjj
RRF Moderator

Re: Bay Area (BARF, BARC ) again one of these days ?

Post by cjj »

paologregorio wrote:Yeah! How often will you have the opportunity to see such a variety of Ricks in one place, or meet the forum folks, especially CJ, who is trekking from rural, Montana, with a one-off Rick bass!
More than one, actually...
:mrgreen:
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

cjj wrote:
paologregorio wrote:Yeah! How often will you have the opportunity to see such a variety of Ricks in one place, or meet the forum folks, especially CJ, who is trekking from rural, Montana, with a one-off Rick bass!
Hog! :mrgreen:
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

jps wrote:
cjj wrote:
Hog! :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
8mileshigher

Bay Area (BARC ) Saturday, April 21st

Post by 8mileshigher »

cjj wrote:
freebyrd wrote:oh darn, i just realized i'm leaving town that day to visit home (florida)!!!
You need to get your priorities straight! I'm sure you could delay your trip one day....
:lol: :lol: :lol:
With all the interest generated with the acquisition of yours 80s Double Bound 12-string, folks were looking forward to meeting you and seeing the newest addition. Hopefully your travel can be delayed a day, so you can attend BARC. :)
freebyrd

Post by freebyrd »

hahaha, you guys. well, have a pre-party friday night and i'll come to that. leaving saturday AM.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

freebyrd wrote:hahaha, you guys. well, have a pre-party friday night and i'll come to that. leaving saturday AM.
Okay guys & gal, time to get your party organizational skills together! :mrgreen:
8mileshigher

Bay Area (BARC ) Saturday, April 21st

Post by 8mileshigher »

jps wrote:So, what is all the details, boiled down to one paragraph, or less? :mrgreen:

Maybe, just maybe, there could perhaps, possibly be two more attendees.

Jeff ---- ref your posting the other day .... what's the further word on you and Shari's possibilities of a BARC trip to California ? :)
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

We're not going to make it, too expensive for the moment, and I need to get my band in shape for a gig the following weekend; we have some new songs that (hopefully) will get played on the 28th.
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Aw come on... Where are your priorities??? Some silly songs with a band??? Spending money on home remodeling and such??? Really!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I do wish you two could make it...
:(
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

cjj wrote:Aw come on... Where are your priorities??? Some silly songs with a band???
Have you tried playing Jack Casady's bass line in Somebody To Love? :shock: Correctly? But, a step down, in Em? :shock:
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

jps wrote:
cjj wrote:Aw come on... Where are your priorities??? Some silly songs with a band???
Have you tried playing Jack Casady's bass line in Somebody To Love? :shock: Correctly? But, a step down, in Em? :shock:
Excuses, excuses....
:roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

cjj wrote:
jps wrote:
Excuses, excuses....
:roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Really listen!

cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

OK Jeff, I'll admit it, I can't play that, but I'm still going to BARC. What's your problem????
:twisted: :lol: :lol:
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

And imagine, that was before he reached the top of his game. :shock: Jack is my second favorite bass player ever.
All I wanna do is rock!
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

paologregorio wrote:Yeah! How often will you have the opportunity to see such a variety of Ricks in one place...
Speaking of variety, I am open to requests for instruments for me to bring with me besides my two "standards", my 460 BG and 370/12RM FG that I will (of course) be bringing. I probably will have room for one, two, or possibly three, more basses or guitars.
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”