Bay Area (BARF, BARC ) again one of these days ?

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

woodyng

Re: Bay Area (BARF, BARC ) again one of these days ?

Post by woodyng »

I sure enjoyed last year's get together,meeting some outstanding folks,and getting to play some great ric's. hope I can be available again for a repeat. (it's a bit of a trek!)
8mileshigher

Bay Area (BARF, BARC ) again one of these days ?

Post by 8mileshigher »

Yep, I'm enthusiastic for BARC. 8)

After the great last couple of days we've had with dinners and visitors and SCARF and the post SCARF Mini Jam last night, I am a confirmed case of what Joey describes on another thread as R.E.S. (Ric Event Syndrone) :D :wink:
analogpackrat

Post by analogpackrat »

BARC '10 was fun. I'd be up for another round. I can provide some extra equipment if need be.
If it is to be, it is up to me.
tsarter
Veteran RRF member

Post by tsarter »

analogpackrat wrote:BARC '10 was fun. I'd be up for another round. I can provide some extra equipment if need be.
If the date works with my schedule and I can attend I'd be happy to provide equipment as well.
BuddyDog
Intermediate Member

Post by BuddyDog »

So do we have a date picked yet???? :mrgreen:
2009 360/6 Fire-Glo 2009 360/12C63 FG 1975 4001 White/BT
Chords mangled, no waiting!
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Not that I've heard. I do wish someone would pick something though. I do have some flexibility, and knowing when it was scheduled would help me pin down my schedule in order to maximize the chance that I could make it.

The way things are going now, it's looking like sometime in September will work for me. I definitely can't make it the week of Aug 28 to Sept 3 as I have to be in Boise that week (yeah, work just always gets in the way, buy hey, it does pay the bills). Sill hard to really know, what with my mother-in-law's illness, but like I said, if I know the dates, perhaps I can work something out...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

If people enjoyed the Music Spectrum venue last year, I can go make an inquiry about availability in the middle of September. That would give us a month to get ready.
All I wanna do is rock!
tsarter
Veteran RRF member

Post by tsarter »

Hope I can make it this year. I'm playing a lot these days so scheduling is tricky, but I'll do my best to be there!

- Tim
jfine
Professional Player

Post by jfine »

Hey, all! I sure enjoyed last year's Confluence, and I'd like to attend this year's if it's happening, but if it's going to be mid- or late-September I won't be able to make it--I'll be out of town then. Darn!
8mileshigher

Bay Area (BARC ) again one of these days ?

Post by 8mileshigher »

Just checking in to see if things are converging towards any conceptual date for another BARC ? :)

Did CJ figure out his emBARCation schedule for a visit to California and was it ever determined, if his visit would coincide with the potential schedule of other BARC-ers ?

Seems there is/was some definite interest for 8) BARCing again.
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Due to some extended family medical issues and having to move said relative in with us, my trip to N. Cal got delayed a whole bunch. That pushed things into a critical period at work, making our trip a lot shorter than originally planned.

I will be in the Santa Rosa area (Ukiah) on Sat. Oct. 8 afternoon through Sun Oct 9. I'm not sure there will be a lot of time for BARCing with the shortened time table...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
8mileshigher

Bay Area (BARC ) again one of these days ?

Post by 8mileshigher »

I'm barking up this tree again, :wink: :) to inquire if ideas are possibly converging towards any conceptual date for another BARC ? 8)
hieronymous
Intermediate Member

Post by hieronymous »

I haven't been around much at the RRF since the last Bay Area confluence, but I've been poking my head around the corner lately. Glad to see at least that I didn't miss a confluence! Is this one put off until the spring?
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

Harry, it's nice to find you around these parts, though we're fb friends so I can't say I miss you. :lol:

Yeah, we talked about a BARC earlier in the year, but somehow the ball didn't really get rolling. I'll repeat my offer to make a call to the Music Spectrum if people liked that place and want to repeat the experience. Springtime could be a good time to get together, maybe right after the time changes. I dunno, but I'll help in any way I can.

Opinions, anyone? :?:
All I wanna do is rock!
BuddyDog
Intermediate Member

Post by BuddyDog »

Sure let's try for the spring.

Kira, if you can scout dates for the venue in San Rafael and put up some options, it might help planning :D
2009 360/6 Fire-Glo 2009 360/12C63 FG 1975 4001 White/BT
Chords mangled, no waiting!

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”