Bay Area (BARF, BARC ) again one of these days ?

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

paologregorio

Re: Bay Area (BARF, BARC ) again one of these days ?

Post by paologregorio »

doctorwho wrote:
paologregorio wrote:Yeah! How often will you have the opportunity to see such a variety of Ricks in one place...
Speaking of variety, I am open to requests for instruments for me to bring with me besides my two "standards", my 460 BG and 370/12RM FG that I will (of course) be bringing. I probably will have room for one, two, or possibly three, more basses or guitars.
1998 PT and 370/12 V64. :)
There is no reason to ever be bored.

...why yes, I suppose I do have a double bound guitar fetish...

"Uh, I like the double bounds. . . ."
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

doctorwho wrote:
paologregorio wrote:Yeah! How often will you have the opportunity to see such a variety of Ricks in one place...
Speaking of variety, I am open to requests for instruments for me to bring with me besides my two "standards", my 460 BG and 370/12RM FG that I will (of course) be bringing. I probably will have room for one, two, or possibly three, more basses or guitars.
Do you have a 480/481? I've been wanting to get one 'cause I just love the look, and would sure like to check one out...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

paologregorio wrote:
doctorwho wrote:
1998 PT and 370/12 V64. :)
LOL Paulie, you can see those at any time! :lol: I was actually directing the comment to the Northerners (or non-SoCal travelers), not to those within driving distance of me! :roll: :lol:
cjj wrote:
doctorwho wrote:
Do you have a 480/481? I've been wanting to get one 'cause I just love the look, and would sure like to check one out...
Can do the 480.
P9070516.JPG
My 481 is in a state of repair because I am fixing the messed-up wiring on it. I doubt whether I can get done with it before the event. :(
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

doctorwho wrote:My 481 is in a state of repair because I am fixing the messed-up wiring on it. I doubt whether I can get done with it before the event. :(
Workshop project for BARC!
freebyrd

Post by freebyrd »

well, looks like my guitar is going to be officially babysat by paul while i'm over in fl. which is actually a relief because i live in an apartment building and i think i'd be worrying about some freak fire or door lock malfunction.

anyway, it seems like there really are a fair amount of travellers coming. seriously- if anyone wants to get dinner or a drink friday night, i'm game! i work in the city, live in the east bay, pretty mobile, my flight leaves at 11am, no serious curfew. none of my friends are into guitars so it'd be nice to "talk shop"!
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

But who else has a factory 370/12 V64? :D

Also, the bridge p/up on your PT model is especially "hot"; that thing really sings! 8)
There is no reason to ever be bored.

...why yes, I suppose I do have a double bound guitar fetish...

"Uh, I like the double bounds. . . ."
8mileshigher

Bay Area (BARC ) Saturday - April 21st

Post by 8mileshigher »

doctorwho wrote: Speaking of variety, I am open to requests for instruments for me to bring with me besides my two "standards", my 460 BG and 370/12RM FG that I will (of course) be bringing. I probably will have room for one, two, or possibly three, more basses or guitars.
paologregorio wrote:But who else has a factory 370/12 V64? :D
Also, the bridge p/up on your PT model is especially "hot"; that thing really sings! 8)
Gary, I weuld agree with Paulie's suggestion that, if you have room, those would be two unique Rics to bring. They would certainly enhance the Confluence experience for many BARC attendees !!!

And as several of us had said before, your 8) Towsend model likely has the hottest Ric pick-up ever made. Seeing and hearing that alone, would be worth the price of admission for many BARCers !! :) :wink:
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Bad News...

Oh man, I really hate to have to do this. It seems that I will not be able to make it to BARC after all. Dang it, dang it, dang it!!!!!
:cry: :cry:

After having everything all arranged and approved, someone at work decided they needed to quit and it would seem that I'm the only one who can take over the work on this highly critical project. So, I've been informed that my vacation has been cancelled.
:evil: :evil: :evil:

Well, I suppose it's good to still have a job (and if I want to keep it, I ain't takin' a vacation in April), but it definitely sucks when it comes to how much fun it would have been to go to BARC...
:x

Well, perhaps I can make it to SCARF later in the year...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

Bummer, CJ! I was really looking forward to seeing you (and your basses :mrgreen: ).
All I wanna do is rock!
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

Ditto,sorry we won't get to get togther this time,CJ!
8mileshigher

Bay Area (BARC ) Saturday - April 21st

Post by 8mileshigher »

That's a bummer about BARC, CJ. :( We were all looking forward to meeting you !
Hope you can make it to SCARF.
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Yeah, MAJOR bummer... I just got off the phone after a long talk with my boss, and it just ain't gonna happen. It was a bit of a push already due to the schedule, but now with one less guy, it's a definite no go...
:(
analogpackrat

Post by analogpackrat »

I'm really sorry to hear that CJ. Was looking forward to meeting another country boy Rick fan. And Jessica--you're missing out! We'll try to take good pics again.
If it is to be, it is up to me.
gareth
Intermediate Member

Post by gareth »

So here's what I got to bring. Any special requests from this list ?

'73,75,79 4001s
80 4001S
93 4003FL (if completed in time)
4004LK
4001CS
5002V58

I'm bringing the Trace Elliot stack. Can fit two bassists in comfort, or one to everyone else's discomfort......
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

Gareth,speaking for myself,i would love to see the CS,and the 4008. (actually all of them,but i've never seen an RIC 8 string in person.)

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”