Bay Area (BARF, BARC ) again one of these days ?

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Re: Bay Area (BARF, BARC ) again one of these days ?

Post by jingle_jangle »

The main reason I've been largely absent from this thread is that Juliana's 15th birthday is on Sunday, and I've been pretty buried taking care of those arrangements. This thing has taken over my life, kind of like a smaller wedding sort of thing. Many of you are aware of the Latin American tradition of 15th birthdays being THE BIG one for a young lady...it's the same in Brazil.

We have something like 100 people on the guest list and friends coming from all over the Bay Area and at least four cities in Brazil. We will have a Bossa Nova quartet playing (the group that Dalia and Juliana sing with some weekends in Sausalito) also.

Gabe would have been pleased to drum on Saturday, but he got drafted to work that day, at the last minute, in his manager's job at the Apple Store, and he won't get back into town until evening. He's also working Sunday, so I'll be playing his part of bartender/barbecue dude.

If anyone is staying in the area for Sunday, you're most welcome to drop by for some drinks and vittles. Things start around 3 p.m. and run till late evening. Let me know if you plan on attending and I'll get you directions to the hacienda.

I hope to drop in to say hi at BARC on Saturday.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

jingle_jangle wrote:The main reason I've been largely absent from this thread is that Juliana's 15th birthday is on Sunday, and I've been pretty buried taking care of those arrangements. This thing has taken over my life, kind of like a smaller wedding sort of thing. Many of you are aware of the Latin American tradition of 15th birthdays being THE BIG one for a young lady...it's the same in Brazil.

We have something like 100 people on the guest list and friends coming from all over the Bay Area and at least four cities in Brazil. We will have a Bossa Nova quartet playing (the group that Dalia and Juliana sing with some weekends in Sausalito) also.
Are you going to have to do this all over again for her Sweet 16 birthday? :shock:
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

I hope there will be enough amps. I can't bring my Mesa Boogie unless I leave home some guitars. :(
All I wanna do is rock!
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

jps wrote:
jingle_jangle wrote:The main reason I've been largely absent from this thread is that Juliana's 15th birthday is on Sunday, and I've been pretty buried taking care of those arrangements. This thing has taken over my life, kind of like a smaller wedding sort of thing. Many of you are aware of the Latin American tradition of 15th birthdays being THE BIG one for a young lady...it's the same in Brazil.

Are you going to have to do this all over again for her Sweet 16 birthday? :shock:
Yes. :cry: :cry: :cry: :mrgreen:
BuddyDog
Intermediate Member

Re: Bay Area (BARC ) Saturday, April 21st

Post by BuddyDog »

analogpackrat wrote: Well, all of my attempts to locate a drummer seem to have failed. :( I hope Thomas can play with us for a while.

Steve--what's this about selling your Ricks!? I hope you aren't serious. I remember your cooler from last time. I'll try to make room in the car for some drinks/munchies as well.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again (or for the first time) tomorrow. Safe travels!
Well....I have a 4001 that I would like to sell and seriously considering the 360/12C63, too. It's a long story that shouldn't be surprising in this economy. :oops:

I am passing on the "fire water" for this event, though.
2009 360/6 Fire-Glo 2009 360/12C63 FG 1975 4001 White/BT
Chords mangled, no waiting!
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

I hope you guys have a lot of fun at BARC. I was really hoping to make it, but work beckons. It's been work overload lately!
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

Joey,sorry to hear you won't be there! Looking forward to seeing The rest of you tomorrow! We have arrived and been enjoying the tropical temperature and sunshine by the hotel poolside this afternoon. I think we are about ready to go forage for a drink and some dinner.
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

Welcome to SF, Woody! You brought the nice weather with you.

Sorry, Joey, that's a bummer.
All I wanna do is rock!
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

Well the weather here's a sight nicer than where I left from,but thanks!
8mileshigher

Bay Area (BARC ) Saturday, April 21st

Post by 8mileshigher »

analogpackrat wrote:Looking forward to seeing everyone again (or for the first time) tomorrow. Safe travels!
Well I made it up to the Bay Area Thursday evening...and unfortunately the Highway Patrol stopped me enroute on Highway 5 :( :oops: and you can guess that it wasn't for awarding me a merit badge for safe travel !! :wink:

I managed to bring two Rics and a Fender Deluxe 1 x 12" combo amp.... and two guitar stands
Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow ! :D :D We've certainly got excellant weather, as Woody mentioned !

Joey -- sorry you can't make it to this BARC --- we'll miss you !
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

I have to cancel. I had a lot of extra hours at work this week. I'm exhausted, and I feel like I'm getting sick... which is no surprise since everyone at work's been getting sick. :(
There is no reason to ever be bored.

...why yes, I suppose I do have a double bound guitar fetish...

"Uh, I like the double bounds. . . ."
analogpackrat

Post by analogpackrat »

Joey and Paul--we'll miss you guys. Hope to see you in the not too distant future. Stay healthy!

I'm packing the car and will be bringing my two amps, pedal board, a cooler of beer, some wine, and two guitars (that's all that will fit). I'll see the rest of you up there in a couple of hours.
If it is to be, it is up to me.
freebyrd

Post by freebyrd »

posting from the plane. have fun everyone! my guitar is resting safely with Paul and is there in spirit.
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Have fun everyone! Sure wish I had been able to come...
:(
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

You missed a heck of a good time. :)
All I wanna do is rock!

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”