GilFest ® II

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

jps
RRF Consultant

Re: GilFest ® II

Post by jps »

I hope you can make it, Robert. :D PM Kevin for specific details.
gibsonlp
Technical Admin

Post by gibsonlp »

We are leaving to the airport in a few minutes.
See you guys soon! :)
So long and thanks for all the fish!
Ivan3000
Advanced Member

Post by Ivan3000 »

Good luck today guys! Have fun!
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

someone please tell Jeff Scott to call me! i pm'd my new phone number to him! Have fun guys!
BAD RONBO, KiLLeR DWaRfS
Professional Player

Post by BAD RONBO, KiLLeR DWaRfS »

thanx, kev, for hosting GILFEST II...it was great. good to put faces to all the avatars. had a great time talking to gil about his "flintstone house" lol ! thanx to kev's wife , kids , dog, cat and fish fur puttin' up with 10 4000 series basses in various styles and vintages. ( all you need now, kev, is the reptile and bird, and this will complete your household !)

i think a great time was had by all. good to meet my bestest buddy...jeff !
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

I had a great time getting together with old friends and getting to know new ones (in person). :D Bass heavy it certainly was but there were two guitars and at least three guys who knew how to play them. :mrgreen: 8)

Ron brought some really cool basses (whole and not), loved the frankenstein '64 4001, wonderful tone to it. :D Actually, all the basses sounded wonderful in their own ways. The guitars, too. Ron even brought his Moog Taurus bass pedals for us to enjoy, man there is nothing else like 'em. 8)

Here is my one and only photo I made, I was having too much fun to grab the camera, honestly. :D
Ivan3000
Advanced Member

Post by Ivan3000 »

Looks like you guys had fun! :mrgreen:
I'm already trying to get my dad to give up some of his time for another confluence!
gibsonlp
Technical Admin

Post by gibsonlp »

Thank you all!
We had a great time there. My father-in-law said everybody was really nice and he had a good time as well.
Thanks to all of you who drove so many hours and of course - thank you Kevin for hosting the confluence!
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

It was really good to spend time with Gil again. First class act and the nicest guy you'd ever want to meet. Like everyone there today.

I will echo what the others said. Great time hooking up with old and new friends. A lot of interesting vintage basses. Ron's '64 with '73 pickups sounded and played wonderful. It had a character to the sound that now I can say about the 60s basses, "I get it."

Thanks to Kevin and Yvonne for hosting. It was all good and I agree, a great time was had by all. Also it was fun experimenting with Ron's Taurus pedals. SO many interesting and yes, weird too, sounds were capable of being dialed in. Thanks for hauling them along.

A most fun-filled day. And I TRULY enjoyed and was very grateful for the "transportation." First flying experience in a small plane. A-one!! Thanks Israel!!
just_bassics
Intermediate Member

Post by just_bassics »

Too many good folks, too many guitars, not enough time - I had a blast! Never played a 64 Rick before, they are just in a class of their own. Thanks, Ronbo, for bringing that one along.

It was a bass fest, but most of us there are interested mainly in basses anyway, so no problem. Jeff's "new" 330 was a nice touch on the skinny string side. Lots of other interesting classics as well. Where's the carpet photo???

It was great meeting Gil, Israel, Andrew and Ron and seeing some of the other guys again. Thanks to Kevin for hosting and Yvonne & family for putting up with us. No one got too loud... :lol: Not that anyone else would have heard us out there in farm country.

It was worth four hours of driving in steady rain up & back.
teeder

Post by teeder »

Thanks, guys! I hope you all had a good time! We have enough leftover drinks and snacks to do it again this weekend! :mrgreen:

1967 -1968 -1969

Gil, Ron & friends

This is a test. Can you identify the basses and who owns them in the picture?
just_bassics
Intermediate Member

Post by just_bassics »

Ah, there it is... Thanks, Kevin! :D

Love my 82S soaking up some vibe from that '64!
teeder

Post by teeder »

BTW, the empty spot on the left end of the carpet was for John's MG 1997 V63.
gibsonlp
Technical Admin

Post by gibsonlp »

Thanks again guys.
More pics.
just_bassics
Intermediate Member

Post by just_bassics »

Gil, Great pics! Thanks for sharing & hope you can make it back stateside more often.

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”