Colorado

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

superdick2112

Re: Colorado

Post by superdick2112 »

Joshua - thank you very much for the heads-up on this one!
I recently attended a get-together at Premier Bass Guitars for the Colorado members of Talk Bass,
and it was wonderful - there were lots of great people, some really cool basses and a chance to visit a great store.
Dan was a very generous host, offering up some tasty food catered in from Qdoba,
and there were plenty of top-shelf amplifiers & effects for us to try our basses with.
Looking forward to meeting some of my fellow Ric fanatics there - it should be fantastic!
DriftSpace

Post by DriftSpace »

I'll endeavor to be there; I've been promised that my custom 4003 will be in-hand by that date, and I'd love to get my copy of Paul's book signed.
abluesky

Post by abluesky »

Count me in as well as I reside near the City Park side of town (Denver).
FG, MG and JGs
cassius987

Post by cassius987 »

bassduke49 wrote:Sunday, August 19 from 2-6pm
Correction, it appears that the 19th is a Monday (so our event would be on the 18th). Yes?
bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

Yes, Sunday the 18th. Sorry. Getting ahead of myself! :D
Author: "The Rickenbacker Electric Bass - 50 Years As Rock's Bottom"
rickboy88
Intermediate Member

Post by rickboy88 »

bassduke49 wrote:OK, we've got a date. Dan Basica of Premier Bass Guitars will host a get together at his store on Sunday, August 19 from 2-6pm. I'll be there to talk all things Rick bass and sign books (have some to sell, too). Looking forward to meeting Front Range Rick enthusiasts (hey, new acronym: FRRE!) and meeting Joshua Chandler, and visiting my old friend, Jeff Rath. Thanks to Dan for opening his store on his day off, too!

Premier Bass Guitars
2800 Rock Creek Circle B1
Superior CO 80027

http://www.premierbassguitars.com
Very good. I plan on being there. It is just 5-10 minutes from where I work, and maybe 12-18 minutes from where I live. I have no excuse for not being there. It'll be good to see Jeff again and the others for the first time.

I may bring at least the mapleglo 4003S and the 2030. I've love to be able to figure out which strings are installed on the '82 4003S (it was an ebay buy), so maybe one of the local forumites could assist there. I might also bring the jetglo '82 4001S, which is the last one I'd part with. I bought it new in 1984. I've also got a late 90's 4003S with a custom tone cap value, but it isn't all that unique.
"Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect." Vince Lombardi
coolingitdown
Intermediate Member

Post by coolingitdown »

I'd love to attend and meet some of you in person, and I have lots of family in Colorado Springs I could visit while in the area, but, unfortunately, it's just not a good time for me to pack up and drive/fly out.

Have fun and take lots of pictures!
2010 4003 FG
1997 4003FL Turquoise
Set neck 4001S (color TBD)
bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

I'm looking forward to meeting folks at Premier Bass Guitars next Sunday (8/18). Colorado is my old stomping ground. I lived in Fort Collins (north of Denver) for five years (77-82) and loved it there. Career took me away, but I've returned several times to enjoy the mountains and cities.
Author: "The Rickenbacker Electric Bass - 50 Years As Rock's Bottom"
cassius987

Post by cassius987 »

The fated day approaches...

A thought occurred to me, should we label our cases with masking tape or something so we don't haul off with someone else's bass afterward? I bet a lot of us will be bringing an SKB case (I know I will).
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

cassius987 wrote:The fated day approaches...

A thought occurred to me, should we label our cases with masking tape or something so we don't haul off with someone else's bass afterward?
Awww... Where's the fun in that???
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
cassius987

Post by cassius987 »

cjj wrote:
cassius987 wrote:The fated day approaches...

A thought occurred to me, should we label our cases with masking tape or something so we don't haul off with someone else's bass afterward?
Awww... Where's the fun in that???
Don't go giving people ideas! :lol:
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

cassius987 wrote:A thought occurred to me, should we label our cases with masking tape or something so we don't haul off with someone else's bass afterward?
Don't laugh, that has, in fact, happened. :shock:
8mileshigher

Colorado

Post by 8mileshigher »

Here's hoping you-all have a great Confluence this weekend ! ! :)
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

jps wrote:
cassius987 wrote:A thought occurred to me, should we label our cases with masking tape or something so we don't haul off with someone else's bass afterward?
What/who's did you make of with??!! :lol: :lol:

Have a great get-together this weekend guys!
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

johnallg wrote:
jps wrote:
What/who's did you make of with??!! :lol: :lol:
EXACTLY what I was thinking!

Hope it all goes well and everyone has a great time! Someone be sure to get pics!
8)
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”