Colorado

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

artisan4

Colorado

Post by artisan4 »

Any Colorado Rick fans or group?
Rickenbacker 330 Jetglo
Rickenbacker 4003s/5 White
Mesa Rectoverb Head
Mesa Standard Rectifier 4x12 cabinet
Mesa Rocket 44 Combo amp
teeder

Re: Colorado

Post by teeder »

I'll be there in October. Of course I'll have a rifle with me instead of a Rick, though.
cassius987

Post by cassius987 »

I think there's at least a couple of us here full-time, myself and Jeff Rath. Wait... there's at least a couple more, Richard Welch perhaps and Sean Merrell who I just met and is a new member. Denver confluence (AKA sitting around drinking microbrews :?:) could be fun. I'd bring a Ric of the group's choosing.
artisan4

Post by artisan4 »

I'm always up for a microbrew. I'd be happy to bring my 4003s/5 (because you can never have too many strings on a guitar).
Rickenbacker 330 Jetglo
Rickenbacker 4003s/5 White
Mesa Rectoverb Head
Mesa Standard Rectifier 4x12 cabinet
Mesa Rocket 44 Combo amp
Steve Gunderson

Post by Steve Gunderson »

I am in Casoer Wyoming and could bring my 370-6 and my 370-12. Are you thinking fall?
bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

I'm going to be there in the Fort Collins/Loveland area around August 14-18 at a convention for model builders (my OTHER hobby). If there was something going on around that time (or even if there isn't) I'd be happy to meet up with the CO crowd. Afterall, Jeff Rath, Steve Cooper, and I go back to the very first confluence in June/July 2004 in the Detroit area!
Author: "The Rickenbacker Electric Bass - 50 Years As Rock's Bottom"
cassius987

Post by cassius987 »

Paul, if you can set something up with Jeff, I'd be down. If someone had a rehearsal space we could share "odd" Rics (like my PW 5er).
T28

Post by T28 »

These types of gatherings are always fun. With enough notice, I would certainly be down with a get together.

and by then, I should have Paul's book and he can autograph it for me! 8)
rickboy88
Intermediate Member

Post by rickboy88 »

Paul, I am going to try to keep that week in August open so I'd be home in Colorado during that period. It would be great if I could meet you so you could sign your book (which I just received) in person. It would be great to see Jeff Rath again and other locals whom I've only known through their posts. Maybe we could all go to Wildwood Guitars in Louisville ("s" is not silent) and do a group picture in front of a bunch of their Rics - all guitars currently. ;)

Louisville has a "Downtown Street Faire" every Friday evening with a live band, food, beer, etc., through August 16. Just an idea.
"Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect." Vince Lombardi
cassius987

Post by cassius987 »

I told Dan Basica about Paul's idea and he offered to host the event in his store (Premier Bass Guitars which is totally worth checking out if you're a bassist of any sort), although I don't want to speak for him--he may change his mind, I have no idea. But Dan is a great guy and wonderful friend and I think it'd be great if we could hook up there. He offered to take pics of the various Rics for people (he has a decent little studio setup for his inventoried basses).
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Even though Colorado isn't that far away (only a mere 850 miles to Denver), that weekend, well most of August isn't good for me to make the journey. It would be fun though...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

OK, we've got a date. Dan Basica of Premier Bass Guitars will host a get together at his store on Sunday, August 19 from 2-6pm. I'll be there to talk all things Rick bass and sign books (have some to sell, too). Looking forward to meeting Front Range Rick enthusiasts (hey, new acronym: FRRE!) and meeting Joshua Chandler, and visiting my old friend, Jeff Rath. Thanks to Dan for opening his store on his day off, too!

Premier Bass Guitars
2800 Rock Creek Circle B1
Superior CO 80027

http://www.premierbassguitars.com
Author: "The Rickenbacker Electric Bass - 50 Years As Rock's Bottom"
cassius987

Post by cassius987 »

bassduke49 wrote:Looking forward to meeting Front Range Rick enthusiasts (hey, new acronym: FRRE!) and meeting Joshua Chandler, and visiting my old friend, Jeff Rath. Thanks to Dan for opening his store on his day off, too!
You're going to love Dan. He is one of the nicest guys I've met since moving to Denver and is a big Ric fan as well as a great (and creative) bassist. He's the only other person besides me to play my Red/white trim 4003/5 but I'll be sure to bring it so others can experience it too. I'm not sure yet if I'll bring all three of my Ric basses or just the 5-string and one FL--I lean towards the 4001FL as it is more of an oddity. It's also been a long time since I've seen Jeff so it will be cool to see what he's been up to, he is a wonderful person to talk to as well. I will put the word out to those I know a little more personally here in the Denver area.
cjj wrote:Even though Colorado isn't that far away (only a mere 850 miles to Denver), that weekend, well most of August isn't good for me to make the journey. It would be fun though...
What's that, a 12-hour drive or so? It's too bad if you can't make it out, but that is a bit of a long drive after all. You should try to visit Premier Bass Guitars someday. It's truly amazing in terms of bringing a wide and high quality selection of bass gear together in one place, and Dan will bend over backward to help you find what you're after (whether he can sell it to you or not).
cassius987

Post by cassius987 »

artisan4 wrote:I'm always up for a microbrew. I'd be happy to bring my 4003s/5 (because you can never have too many strings on a guitar).
Ooh! Yes bring the 4003S/5 and we can compare it with the 4003/5. I'd really love to play a factory 5er just to see how they're different.
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

It's not so much the drive (I'm doing a 14+ hour drive tomorrow) as the timing. I've got lots of stuff scheduled for August and the 19th is definitely out for me...
:(
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”