Colorado

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Re: Colorado

Post by johnallg »

rickboy88 wrote:Sorry to hear that. I was wondering how much longer he'd be able to make with the terminal pancreatic cancer. I think he had more fun than I did when I brought over my Hagstrom collection back in November. He insisted on hanging them on his wall to take some pictures. I should try to post them somewhere else on the forum at some point. Not being Rics, I shouldn't post them in this section. He'd wanted to get the pics on his Facebook page, but I don't think he ever did (other priorities I am sure).

I am so glad I was able to make it to the Rickenbacker gathering back last fall as I got to meet him for the first time, as well as all of the others who there, including Paul the Ric bass book guy. It will be one of those once in a lifetime things that won't repeat.
David, I would think posting the pics right here in this thread would be very appropriate, sort of a tribute.
rickboy88
Intermediate Member

Post by rickboy88 »

OK John, I'll do it. Good idea. I sent the pic from my smartphone to one of my personal email accounts earlier today.

Here's that shot of the basses on Dan's bass store wall that he meant to put on his Facebook page. He played all of them. I had recently gotten the one to the lower left from one of the other attendees of the Ric gathering who lives up in Ft. Collins. I related that story earlier in the thread.
Hagstroms_DanBasicaStore_Nov13.jpg
"Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect." Vince Lombardi
rickboy88
Intermediate Member

Post by rickboy88 »

I just came across this page on Dan's store website, which obviously is still going. It includes the group shot taken with my camera:
http://www.premierbassguitars.com/store-events.htm
"Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect." Vince Lombardi
cassius987

Post by cassius987 »

Thanks for sharing that. I am glad someone is helping keep the memory alive.

Dan only got to run the store for a short time before this illness hit him. And I only knew him in that brief time but I have to say he was one of the kindest, friendliest guys I've ever met. Even in death. The last time I saw him was at his house (he was in hospice) with two of his employees there, and the four of us vetted the music he wanted to play at his funeral and talked about why he liked particular songs so much. Many choices were because Dan admired the bassist but it was all great music too, and he made a special emphasis on wanting thoughtful and heartfelt choices as well as some songs that reflected peace and happiness. I recall Jaco Pastorius, Morphine, Pearl Jam, some virtuosic unsigned groups he had found on the internet and several more I am forgetting. He died a few days later.

RIP Dan. Gone but not forgotten.
T28

Post by T28 »

There is going to be a big Cancer Benefit this coming Sunday the 29th at Cheers Club in Northglen.
It will start around 1 and go until 9 and is all ages until I think 7 or 7:30.
Going to start with local talent doing acoustic sets followed by some of the top bands in Denver and then an all out jam.
I believe it will be $5 per person.

Here is the facebook link to the information:

https://www.facebook.com/events/293922957442717

Not sure if it is located anywhere else.
artisan4

Post by artisan4 »

I posted a while ago about this, but any Colorado Ric fans want to meetup?
Rickenbacker 330 Jetglo
Rickenbacker 4003s/5 White
Mesa Rectoverb Head
Mesa Standard Rectifier 4x12 cabinet
Mesa Rocket 44 Combo amp
DriftSpace

Post by DriftSpace »

My band-mate plays a 1982 JetGlo 4003, and we're going to be performing our original music with the Colorado Symphony Orchestra on May 28th.

COLORADO SYMPHONY PRESENTS: TURN OVER THE KEYS

Thursday, May 28, 7:30 pm, Boettcher Concert Hall
All tickets $25, now on sale

Emerging Colorado artists Ian Cooke, Land Lines, and Megan Burtt will perform individual sets with musicians from the Colorado Symphony, each with a unique style, sound, and symphonic approach.

(Buy now to choose your seats from their seating map. All tickets are $25)
https://tickets.coloradosymphony.org/si ... spx?p=3518

We also have an upcoming album release, and this is a video for last song from the album:
Our influences (and sounds on the record) range from pop to progressive.

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”