Los Angeles (or Orange County)?

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

TomLovesRics

Post by TomLovesRics »

Any event planned for Los Angeles (or Orange County) in the near future?
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Re: Los Angeles (or Orange County)?

Post by rickenbrother »

Tom we have had an an event every year since '05 which wound up getting called the Southern California Rickenbacker Fest or abbreviated as SCARF. If there is interest as usual I'm sure we will plan one as usual. Most of them occur in August the one in 2010 was held in October, which was also co-named Ricktoberfest®. We'll probably plan something for late summer, possibly early fall.
In the meantime we do have a few mini-jams throughout the year, which you are welcome to attend.
If you do a search for SCARF, Ricketoberfest® and Rickenbacker 75th Anniversary, you'll find several threads about these events.
When one gets planned this year, there will be an announcement in this section of the RRF.
There were some ideas tossed around after SCARF last year to do something different and I was at a really cool venue in Corona a couple of weeks ago that would be a great place for a SCARF, if the cost is not too crazy.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
TomLovesRics

Post by TomLovesRics »

Thanks, Joey. All this sounds great. I'm new to RickResource and trying to catch up on all the amazing info.
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

I live in Louisiana and went to my first SCARF in 2010, the famous Ricktoberfest. Then last year, I went to SCARF 80. I live in Louisiana, and make the trip out...that's how awesome they are 8)
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Hey, all you guys in So, Cal. need to get together and make the trip up to BARC (Bay Area Rick Confluence) which is being held on April 21, 2012 in San Rafael. I know a bunch of the So. Cal folks are going to be there, it's not really that far, heck, I'm coming all the way from Montana, so you can go too.

It's gonna be a great time, and hey, where else will you be able to see, not one, but TWO RIC one off, special edition basses? You really need to be there!
8) 8) 8) :mrgreen:
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

There's actually a fair number of So. Cal folks showing up. Now getting some more Nor Cal folks to show up, well.... :lol: :wink:

If my girlfriend doesn't come with my I can stuff one more So. Cal Ricknut into the clown car, by the way. . . . or someone else in the Bay who needs a lift to the event. :D

Thanks again to the Nor Cal bunch for putting this event on, by the way. BARC I was a lot of fun, and BARC II looks to be as much or more so. :D
There is no reason to ever be bored.

...why yes, I suppose I do have a double bound guitar fetish...

"Uh, I like the double bounds. . . ."
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Tom, welcome aboard the RRF as a new member.

I sent you a PM.
Jet wang

Post by Jet wang »

this is the first time i came here
i like to talk something about it
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Jet wang wrote:this is the first time i came here
i like to talk something about it

Welcome aboard the Forum, JetWang.
You can check out pictures and comments folks have posted from attending some of our recent Southern Calif Mini Confluence and Ricken Jam sessions on these threads:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=401241
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=399591
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=403415
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=400806

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”