BARC 2012 Pics

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Re: BARC 2012 Pics

Post by kiramdear »

Gareth and Doug
All I wanna do is rock!
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

analogpackrat wrote:Gareth's bass rig. Do not taunt Giant Bass Rig. Do not use Giant Bass Rig in enclosed areas. Discontinue use of Giant Bass RIg if any of the following occur: vertigo, dizziness, tingling in extremities, uncontrolled drooling, loss of balance, profuse sweating, or heart palpatations.
With the excessive volume level that some guitarists insist on playing at, sometimes a bassist needs a Giant Bass Rig! :twisted:
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

rickenbrother wrote:
analogpackrat wrote:Gareth's bass rig. Do not taunt Giant Bass Rig. Do not use Giant Bass Rig in enclosed areas. Discontinue use of Giant Bass RIg if any of the following occur: vertigo, dizziness, tingling in extremities, uncontrolled drooling, loss of balance, profuse sweating, or heart palpatations.
With the excessive volume level that some guitarists insist on playing at, sometimes a bassist needs a Giant Bass Rig! :twisted:
+1! That's why I run 1500 watts...
:mrgreen:
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

It was great meeting Gareth and his wife. I think everybody else was there last time.

We were:
Gareth
Woody
Steve
Rich
Doug
Harry
Gary
Myself

Plus three of our significant others.

Did I forget anyone?
All I wanna do is rock!
analogpackrat

Post by analogpackrat »

Don't forget Jasmine! And Gary (DoctorWho) wasn't at the last BARC. It really was a lot of fun. Looking forward to the next gathering already...
If it is to be, it is up to me.
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

analogpackrat wrote:Don't forget Jasmine! And Gary (DoctorWho) wasn't at the last BARC. It really was a lot of fun. Looking forward to the next gathering already...
Right, Doug! How to forget our security guard! And apologies to Gary - he didn't seem like a newcomer. :lol:

Of course, Thomas our manager was a familiar face, too. :)
All I wanna do is rock!
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

Did I show this one:

All I wanna do is rock!
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

Ed with Jasmine on vocals:

All I wanna do is rock!
hieronymous
Intermediate Member

Post by hieronymous »

Wow, some great pics! I had a great time. I didn't get to take many pictures - this is the best one:

It was great to see people I already knew and great to meet people I only knew online up to now!

Actually, today we had the 5th annual Northern California Alembic Gathering - a lot of great instruments in one weekend!
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

hieronymous wrote:...today we had the 5th annual Northern California Alembic Gathering - a lot of great instruments in one weekend!
Who from Alembic shows up at that, and where is it held?
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

I am really enjoying the photos, everyone. I wish I could have been there. Ah well, SCARF is coming up.
JimK
hieronymous
Intermediate Member

Post by hieronymous »

jps wrote:
hieronymous wrote:...today we had the 5th annual Northern California Alembic Gathering - a lot of great instruments in one weekend!
Who from Alembic shows up at that, and where is it held?
Ron Wickersham, the father of the Alembic electronics, his daughter Mica and a couple of other family members have come to every one. It's great - Mica always brings cool schwag like stickers etc. One of the big Alembic owners played with someone somewhere off beyond the Oakland hills - like a small ranch in the middle of nowhere. Very relaxing, full PA in one room for jamming, now there's a separate room for just amps so people can test out instruments.

Now if only I had a Ric with Alembic Activators...
wmthor
Veteran RRF member

Post by wmthor »

My ears hurt as a result of just looking at the picture. :cry:

Looks like fun was had by all.
'96 1997 LH MG
'98 360 LH MG
'00 360/12 Carl Wilson LH FG
'07 730S Shiloh LH
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Sounds like a fun time, I still have a hankering for an Alembic someday, I do sort of miss the two I used to have.
8mileshigher

BARC 2012 Pics

Post by 8mileshigher »

Thanks for posting the pictures, Doug, Kira and Harry. And very good to see everyone again who attended the innaugural BARC a year or so ago ! I'll post some pics when I get back home later this week.

Many thanks to Kira for all her efforts in organizing this fun Confluence.

I have to say that Gareth's monsterous Trace Elliot Bass rig is totally awesome.... it really brings out the great tones from those 4000, 4001, 4003 and 4004 models we heard. It was very nice to meet Gareth and his wife. Doug also had a cool rig with a Fender Vibro Champ driving a 2 x 12 speaker cab.... I had to try it and there's a nice sound from that rig and it was surprising how that little Champ could keep up with the AC-30 and the Trace Elliot rig . Steve had his Heritage Hand Wired AC-30 with the fawn tolex and that is another great amp !

My apologies to Gary C. --- he left several messages on my phone as he was driving around San Rafael, trying to find the place and I had stashed the phone in my equipment bag and once the jam got going, there was no way to hear a phone ringing !! Eventually an hour or two after Gary arrived, I pulled out my phone and ooops some missed calls ! :oops: :lol:

Kira's little checker-bound Ruby 320 is real nice and she played some tasteful Claptonesque leads on "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" with the Ruby 320. She also covered some drumming and bass in other parts of the jam ! 8) Harry also switched off drums and bass during the jam and Harry definitely got the bass lit up, when we did a few Floyd tunes from Dark Side of the Moon and Harry took the vocals on "Money." We also have lots of pictures of Gary being a very active participant in the JetGlo Rocks club ! 8) At one time in the jam, we realized we had a total JetGlo ensemble ...Gareth on 4001 Bass, Doug on his WB, Gary using Doug's 375 and me on the 660-12.

For Ric bass fans, Gareth's 8) collection of rare Ric basses is pretty impressive and I was surprised to learn from Woody that he once owned both 4002 and 4005 models and eventually sold them over the course of time ! ! :shock: In the pictures you see Steve's classic white with black binding 4001 and it had a little sign on it ---- it was not a "For Sale" sign, but the sign said "Woody, take me home" as this white 4001 is a perfect match for Woody's cool white 4000 model.

It was a great time ----- and it was exhausting, after jamming all afternoon. I was impressed that Gary and Woody had so much energy to keep jamming, up till we closed the place at 8 PM ... and then a few of us got some pizza together afterwards. All in all, it was a memorable event with lots of nice folks and ultra-cool Rics on hand. Thanks everyone for making it a great day ! :D
Last edited by 8mileshigher on Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”