BARC 2012 Pics

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Re: BARC 2012 Pics

Post by kiramdear »

I almost forgot about that Vibro Champ. 8) 8) 8) It sounded so cool it was hilarious. It doesn't do clean but put out some sweet and funky dirt with the best of 'em. No distortion pedals needed here. :lol: :lol:
All I wanna do is rock!
kennyhowes
Veteran RRF member

Post by kennyhowes »

jimk wrote:I am really enjoying the photos, everyone. I wish I could have been there. Ah well, SCARF is coming up.
JimK
When is it?
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

kennyhowes wrote:
jimk wrote:I am really enjoying the photos, everyone. I wish I could have been there. Ah well, SCARF is coming up.
JimK
When is it?
All I've heard is probably August. So I'm planning my trip for sometime around August...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
hieronymous
Intermediate Member

Post by hieronymous »

cjj wrote:
kennyhowes wrote:
JimK
When is it?
All I've heard is probably August. So I'm planning my trip for sometime around August...
I heard August too - hmm, I actually have something scheduled down there in the middle of the week, maybe I could stay an extra day or two...
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

cjj wrote:
kennyhowes wrote:
JimK
When is it?
We usually start planning for SCARF at the beginning of May, which is coming up very soon. I think we'll do something somewhat different this year...I hope! So stay tuned! :) SCARF is usually in August, but could possibly be anywhere from mid summer to early fall.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

rickenbrother wrote:We usually start planning for SCARF at the beginning of May, which is coming up very soon. I think we'll do something somewhat different this year...I hope! So stay tuned! :) SCARF is usually in August, but could possibly be anywhere from mid summer to early fall.
Please let it be August 11, please let it be August 11

I too am excited for SCARF and will attend whenever it is! I'm just hoping it coincides with a Big Bang Theory taping, even though I was happy I got to see the season premiere of the most watched and most exciting Two and a Half Men and met another celebrity crush and my improv comedy hero, I was still a *LITTLE* sad I didn't get to go to The Big Bang Theory. Hoping I get to see Jim Parsons and Kaley Cuoco this year!
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

There's been some talk of making it an all weekend event, with a practice-jam and barbecue, poolside at Gary's, with the local ******* girls making an appearance.... :lol:
There is no reason to ever be bored.

...why yes, I suppose I do have a double bound guitar fetish...

"Uh, I like the double bounds. . . ."
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

Oh yes, please do make it in August! It's positively dead, dead, dead here in Larryville. Shoot, they may as well roll up the sidewalks and post a sign at the city limits saying "Closed for vacation" after the Fourth of July.
JimK
jfine
Professional Player

Post by jfine »

Looks like it was a good party! I was planning to be there, but I had to pick my wife up at the airport that afternoon. Oh, well--I still don't have any Rickenbackers to show off. Maybe next time...
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

We missed you, Jon, and hoped you'd make it. We were also hoping to see Gary modrock. We just have to try it again sooner than later. It's a pretty good venue there if we can get at least 12 to 15 people on board.
All I wanna do is rock!
T.A.R.
Intermediate Member

Post by T.A.R. »

Wow, I've got to make it out there someday. Loving the pics keep'em coming!
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

paologregorio wrote:There's been some talk of making it an all weekend event, with a practice-jam and barbecue, poolside at Gary's, with the local ******* girls making an appearance.... :lol:
Maybe Jake can talk Kaley Cuoco into joining our festivities! :mrgreen:
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

Finally back in Brookings,Ed and I had a great weekend in the Bay Area,and at the BARC II. It was great seeing everybody from the previous get together,and really nice to meet a few new faces as well. (howdy Gary and Gareth!) The Rics on display were varied and ran the gamut from dead stock to fabulous rejuvenations. I found myself trying to play EVERY bass there at least for a few minutes through Gareth's Trace Eliot RIGOfDOOM. ( basically 1100 watts through an SVT's worth of 10's and TWO 18's!!) YEAH BUDDY!!!! It has been many decades since i played in front of a rig that literally could blow me down. It sounded great,an d brought out some nuances on my own basses that i hadn't experienced. (the Danelectro sounded unbelievable) A few revalations were the Lemmy's have way slender necks (i was expecting a 4004 type neck like mine),and that Kira's 2030(?) was lighter by far than i would have expected. (nice bass!). I loved playing the 70's 4001's of Steve's and Gareth's. Overall my favorite 2 basses were (unsurprisingly) Gareth's CS,and "barbacutie",his converted set neck 4000,which felt and sounded fantabulous. Gareth was a real true Gentleman,and really knows his stuff. It was cool being the bass part of rhythm sections of Harry or Kira on drums,too. Well,this barely scratches the surface of it,but duty calls me ,so,thanks again,Kira,for getting this together,and to everyone who came, it was a boatload of fun!
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

rickenbrother wrote:Maybe Jake can talk Kaley Cuoco into joining our festivities! :mrgreen:
She CAN sing...
hieronymous
Intermediate Member

Post by hieronymous »

Woody, it was great to see you - I wish I had had more time to hang out and talk with people!

I actually took one more worthwhile picture of a bass that hasn't appeared yet in this thread:

Gary's Blackstar 5-string. I got to play it a bit - my first time playing a Rickenbacker 5-string! It sounded great through Gareth's Trace of Doom. The narrow string spacing didn't bother me. Hmm, if I could track down a JGBT 4003S/5 then I could round out my collection...

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”