BARC 2012 Pics

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

8mileshigher

BARC 2012 Pics

Post by 8mileshigher »

OK, I sized down the pictures I took ... now to see if this shaky internet connection will allow me to post them.

Batch 1
Attachments
Doug's very nice JetGlo 12 string WB ..... if he ever wants to sell it !!!
Doug's very nice JetGlo 12 string WB ..... if he ever wants to sell it !!!
Steve's trio of Rics.... the "Take Me Home, Woody" sign on the 4001 with Black trim
Steve's trio of Rics.... the "Take Me Home, Woody" sign on the 4001 with Black trim
Gareth's converted set neck 4000 model
Gareth's converted set neck 4000 model
8mileshigher

Re: BARC 2012 Pics

Post by 8mileshigher »

Here we go with the Second Batch of BARC pics ....
Attachments
Doug's JetGlo 375 with 21 fret neck and Toasters and modded third-pickup push-pull switch
Doug's JetGlo 375 with 21 fret neck and Toasters and modded third-pickup push-pull switch
Doug with the much talked about Vibro Champ "stack" with 2 x 12'' speakers.... several of us tried it out and it's cool !
Doug with the much talked about Vibro Champ "stack" with 2 x 12'' speakers.... several of us tried it out and it's cool !
Gareth's stable of Basses on the left rack including the Lemmy on the far left ... and Kira's collection on the right rack... the refinished 2030 bass, her blonde 325, the Carl Wilson and the sweet Ruby 320 with Checkered bound headstock
Gareth's stable of Basses on the left rack including the Lemmy on the far left ... and Kira's collection on the right rack... the refinished 2030 bass, her blonde 325, the Carl Wilson and the sweet Ruby 320 with Checkered bound headstock
8mileshigher

BARC 2012 Pics

Post by 8mileshigher »

Here is Batch # 3 ....
Attachments
Kira's spectacular 320 Ruby refinished by Paul W and Kira did the fantastic Checkered binding work, including the headstock.  This picture does not do it justuce.... it is ten times more beautiful in person.  This surely won the "Best of Show" category.  It is cool !
Kira's spectacular 320 Ruby refinished by Paul W and Kira did the fantastic Checkered binding work, including the headstock. This picture does not do it justuce.... it is ten times more beautiful in person. This surely won the "Best of Show" category. It is cool !
Woody's spectacular 4004 Bass customized by Dane Wilder !!!  One of the sharpest looking Basses that I've ever seen !!!
Woody's spectacular 4004 Bass customized by Dane Wilder !!! One of the sharpest looking Basses that I've ever seen !!!
Woody testing Steve's 4001 white with black binding (and the Take me Home sign)
Woody testing Steve's 4001 white with black binding (and the Take me Home sign)
8mileshigher

BARC 2012 Pics

Post by 8mileshigher »

BARC Pics ----- Batch 4:
Attachments
Rich's two 21-fret Rics on display .... the JetGlo 660-12 and the FireGlo V64 with Ac'cent Vibrato tailpiece added (Thanks to Craig Witty)
Rich's two 21-fret Rics on display .... the JetGlo 660-12 and the FireGlo V64 with Ac'cent Vibrato tailpiece added (Thanks to Craig Witty)
Doug with the 375 with Toasters ready for the Jam
Doug with the 375 with Toasters ready for the Jam
Woody with the two creamy-aged White with Black trim Models 4000 and 4001.
Woody with the two creamy-aged White with Black trim Models 4000 and 4001.
8mileshigher

BARC 2012 Pics

Post by 8mileshigher »

OK -- we're moving into the Fifth Batch of BARC pics ....
Attachments
Kira gives the JetGlo 375 with Toasters a test run
Kira gives the JetGlo 375 with Toasters a test run
Gareth showing the 4008  eight string
Gareth showing the 4008 eight string
Gary, Steve with the FireGlo's and Rich and Doug (in the foreground) with the JetGlo's get the jam rolling ....
Gary, Steve with the FireGlo's and Rich and Doug (in the foreground) with the JetGlo's get the jam rolling ....
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Sixth and final batch of BARC pictures..... these are from the jam session 8) 8)

Once again thanks to everyone who participated and made BARC II such a fun event and special thank-yous to Kira for organizing the event. We hope to see more of you at the next one ..... lots of choice Rics from every decade to check out and jam along with ! ! 8) :D :wink:
Attachments
Harry sitting in on the drum kit
Harry sitting in on the drum kit
Gary in the background  and Rich in the foreground hitting the volume pedal for the Travelling Wilburys solo with the 660-12 on "Handle With Care"
Gary in the background and Rich in the foreground hitting the volume pedal for the Travelling Wilburys solo with the 660-12 on "Handle With Care"
Jamming along: Doug on the JetGlo 375 with Toasters and Woody with the spectacular looking Dane Wilder customized 4004.....  it plays as sweet as it looks !!!
Jamming along: Doug on the JetGlo 375 with Toasters and Woody with the spectacular looking Dane Wilder customized 4004..... it plays as sweet as it looks !!!
Doug (left) on JetGlo 375 , Gary on vocals with 360c-12 string, Steve on 360 and Rich on the JetGlo 660-12 doing the Travelling Wilbury's "Handle With Care"
Doug (left) on JetGlo 375 , Gary on vocals with 360c-12 string, Steve on 360 and Rich on the JetGlo 660-12 doing the Travelling Wilbury's "Handle With Care"
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

Fantastic pics,Rich! Also,glad Harry snapped a pic of that fab 5 stringer. And the 4000 conversion "bbqt" of Gareth's,too. Unfortunately,i was too busy running around to snap any pics,altho i did get about a minute of video of a jam.
One thing i did notice after getting to play quite a few different Ric basses,was that My Laredo,with the coil taps both engaged was getting a pretty non-4004 vintage sound-digging it! This is making me want to get the new wiring harness in the cii even more.
analogpackrat

Post by analogpackrat »

Thanks for all of the nice pics! I'd forgotten about the 5 and 8 string basses until now! For a small scale get together there sure was a lot going on in the short time we had together. I'm with Harry--wish we had more time to talk and play. In case anyone got the wrong impression from my attempt at humor--Gareth's bass rig sounded great. He had it set on stun, not kill. :D Looking forward to the next west coast gathering...
If it is to be, it is up to me.
8mileshigher

BARC 2012 Pics

Post by 8mileshigher »

+ + + . = = = . + + +
Paging Doctorwho ...... :) :)

have you got some more BARC pictures to post ? ? :wink:
freebyrd

Post by freebyrd »

wow, looks really fun! nice array of ricks there. that bass ring is like whaaaaaaa 8)

also way jealous of the pink floyd jam!! i love them so. how'd they sound on the ricks?

now plan another one real soon!
8mileshigher

BARC 2012 Pics

Post by 8mileshigher »

freebyrd wrote:
also way jealous of the pink floyd jam!! i love them so. how'd they sound on the ricks?

We totally winged the Ricken-Floyd jam as we had no lyrics sheets or chord charts and it was a first run through ! We played Breathe in the Air, Brain Damage-Eclipse and Money ..... probably won't get any Grammy nomination :roll: :wink: but we had some fun !
freebyrd

Post by freebyrd »

breathe is a great tune, great chords.

and that 8 string! wow! must sound fierce.
bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

Is that 2030 wearing a custom finish? Looks great! Maybe a PW Aquaglo paint scheme?
Author: "The Rickenbacker Electric Bass - 50 Years As Rock's Bottom"
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

bassduke49 wrote:Is that 2030 wearing a custom finish? Looks great! Maybe a PW Aquaglo paint scheme?
Yup, from page 1:
On the right is Kira's 2030 refinished by PW in that awesome aquaglo scheme.
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

bassduke49 wrote:Is that 2030 wearing a custom finish? Looks great! Maybe a PW Aquaglo paint scheme?
Yes, thanks, and yes. :) The neck is finished in ambered satin nitro.
All I wanna do is rock!

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”