SoCalCon this year?

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

collin

Re: SoCalCon this year?

Post by collin »

paologregorio wrote:
collin wrote:Interesting, well.....scrap that idea.

What liability though? Just curious, but there wouldn't be any liability coverage if we were at Bombshelter or starting gate, I can't imagine we would have anything either.
Liability for anyone injured during the event. That was the biggie; I don't remember if it was also liability for anyone's damaged property.
The organizers said no because the group was not a business, and the Dominion, as a business, should have insurance to cover liability. In case of injury where a patron was at fault, the Dominion's insurer could sue the patron to recover a payout if the patron were negligent.

Ah, I see.

Well, pretty soon we'll have a good lawyer, right? :)
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

I was calling the place that I was considering today. No one was available yet to take my call. At my last attempt I realized, though they have a nice PA, they don't have a drum kit. :( I just discussed it with Paulie, he agreed that he doesn't know if any of the drummers will be there all day long and will want to bring a kit.
Well, we can either hope that not all 40-50+ people will be at Bombshelter at the same time or reschedule the event for another day and be better prepared with a venue and gear for this size crowd.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

rickenbrother wrote: Well, we can either hope that not all 40-50+ people will be at Bombshelter at the same time or reschedule the event for another day and be better prepared with a venue and gear for this size crowd.
Shoehorn-800.jpg
There is no reason to ever be bored.

...why yes, I suppose I do have a double bound guitar fetish...

"Uh, I like the double bounds. . . ."
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Come you guys, you'd think you were all.....
beatbyrd
Intermediate Member

Post by beatbyrd »

jps wrote:Come you guys, you'd think you were all.....
The smell's not THAT bad, but it helps if you arrive a bit congested.
It's a Byrd, it's a playin'..........

'73 4001 MG
'09 360/12 FG
'10 360/6 FG
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

beatbyrd wrote:
jps wrote:Come you guys, you'd think you were all.....
The smell's not THAT bad, but it helps if you arrive a bit congested.
:lol:
Oh come on; I always shower, use anti-perspirant, and apply a modest amount of cologne... on the other hand, I am sure that despite brief flashes of competence, I've stunk up the stage many times with my playing.. . probably some of the singing attempts as well, though I haven't cracked any windows..
:lol: :lol:
There is no reason to ever be bored.

...why yes, I suppose I do have a double bound guitar fetish...

"Uh, I like the double bounds. . . ."
8mileshigher

SoCalCon this year?

Post by 8mileshigher »

Maybe we should get a second room, next to the Showcase room at Bombshelter, to stage guitar cases and to function as a "quiet room" of sorts ? ? ? :wink: <<< can also use the second room for anyone sneaking in a P-Bass or Gretsch or Les Paul guitar, etc. >>> :roll: :lol:

Regarding why we went to Bombshelter instead of Backline --- some Band had booked the Showcase room at Backline from Friday through the Monday Holiday, paying for four days and nights, because they didn't want to break down their gear. That's why we ended up with Bombshelter.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

The Bombshelter is an appropriate name for a place Mr. & Mrs. JDog will be going to, to get away from Ground Zero! :lol:
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

I just realized, if our state of indecision wavers, does that mean it actually is getting focused? :roll: :shock: :lol:
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

The event may be moved to a larger venue after all. It depends on the availability of a drum kit. I'll know for sure tonight.
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

If we do get someone to offer up a drum kit and we move the venue, all drummers should please bring their own cymbals and snare drum.
Bassman27

Post by Bassman27 »

Joey -- I've got a kit you can use for the jam. I mostly play bass but I bought a 5 piece Guitar Center house brand kit a while back to bang around on. It's got Remo/Evans heads, cymbal and hat stands. I'll PM you with my cell number so you can call me if you want to use the kit.
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Bassman27 wrote:Joey -- I've got a kit you can use for the jam. I mostly play bass but I bought a 5 piece Guitar Center house brand kit a while back to bang around on. It's got Remo/Evans heads, cymbal and hat stands. I'll PM you with my cell number so you can call me if you want to use the kit.
Tim, we need someone that we can definitely count on to be on time and doesn't mind being there with the kit for the duration of the jam. If you can handle that, it would be greatly appreciated! I do have two other offers. I have to go with who I feel is most dependable. So PM me your phone number if you'd like.

I'm still waiting to hear back from my contact at the other venue. We have this on going game of phone tag for the past 16 hours!
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

I'm pretty sure the event will be moved to a larger, more comfortable venue.
Tim, I will call you tonight, now that I have the go ahead. Details to come in a bit.
s4001

Post by s4001 »

doctorwho wrote:I just realized, if our state of indecision wavers, does that mean it actually is getting focused? :roll: :shock: :lol:
I'm not sure.

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”