SoCalCon this year?

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

8mileshigher

SoCalCon this year?

Post by 8mileshigher »

rickenbrother wrote: This is not a SCARF, just a mini-jam. An actual SCARF has yet to be decided on if and when and where. Our state of indecision is still undecided.
Shall we code name this one the "Undecided Pre-SCARF Indecision Mini Jam" so that nobody gets the two events confused ! !
:idea: :? :lol: :lol: :lol:
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Re: SoCalCon this year?

Post by doctorwho »

8mileshigher wrote:
rickenbrother wrote: This is not a SCARF, just a mini-jam. An actual SCARF has yet to be decided on if and when and where. Our state of indecision is still undecided.
Shall we code name this one the "Undecided Pre-SCARF Indecision Mini Jam" so that nobody gets the two events confused ! !
:idea: :? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jon Stewart already has "Indecision 2012" in use ...

I'm in, but with a proviso. That weekend is one of only four during the year on which residents of Santa Ana (moi) can hold garage/yard sales, and I plan on doing that on that Saturday and Sunday. >NO RICKENBACKERS WILL BE ON SALE!< (I figured I'd better make that clear right at the start! :roll: :lol: ) I'll probably run the sale only to about 1:00 p.m., so I should be able to get to the mini-con 1:45ish.
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Thanks everybody. I'm not sure what time we'll roll into town, as we're driving from Chicago to LA with no concrete plans, just stopping for the night whenever we get tired. I think we should at least be able to make it for the second half and dinner. (So put 2 down for dinner! :D )
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Oh and I'm thinking we'll stay at the infamous Doubletree since it's right by John Wayne, where we fly out of on Sunday.
8mileshigher

SoCalCon this year?

Post by 8mileshigher »

doctorwho wrote:
I'm in, but with a proviso. That weekend is one of only four during the year on which residents of Santa Ana (moi) can hold garage/yard sales, and I plan on doing that on that Saturday and Sunday. >NO RICKENBACKERS WILL BE ON SALE!< (I figured I'd better make that clear right at the start! :roll: :lol: ) I'll probably run the sale only to about 1:00 p.m., so I should be able to get to the mini-con 1:45ish.
Yeah, with Yard Sales, likely you will find these "professional" Dealers will be coming by your place at 5 AM in the morning (even if you announce an 8AM or 9AM start) to want to be getting a head-start on looking through your stuff and to tell you how high-priced you are, (in their professional opinion as second-hand connoisseurs) :lol: :roll: ... but my experience is most "activity" at Yard Sales tapers off by late morning. Good luck on the sale ! !
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Hmm...Ricktoberfest® II...
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
ricmic

Post by ricmic »

Sept.!st huh. Oh well, maybe next time. I'll be back home on the 5th. Mark
4005player

Post by 4005player »

IF I can make it, I will....I may have to be on the east coast, dealing with my dad's estate stuff as the house will be getting ready to be sold by then....
fatcat
Intermediate Member

Post by fatcat »

I can't :( but Ricktoberfest sounds like a goodun.
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

rickenbrother wrote:The event is now also listed on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/events/428991517153278/

This is not a SCARF, just a mini-jam. An actual SCARF has yet to be decided on if and when and where. Our state of indecision is still undecided.
Oh good. 'Cause I really, really really need to get outta Dodge.
JimK
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

I thought you lived 300 miles from there in Lawrence...
:lol: :lol:
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
8mileshigher

SoCalCon this year?

Post by 8mileshigher »

For the 8) Sept 1st Mini Con Ricken Jam (J-Dog Palooza), we've had an active amount of RSVPs here in the first 24 hours :) ... with PMs, e-mails and FB postings.

Confirmed attending
J-Dog
Gary
Joey
Paulie
Louis C
Jerry J
Jim B 4005player
John P (FB )
Frank S
Jonathan
Dan-o
Collin W
Scott J
Spence J
Tom O’K
Rich

Probable/Maybe/Hoping to attend
Robert S (singer)
Alberto (drums)
Tony S (singer)
Brad H
Dave T
Colin N
Aimee L

Regrets received from
Melibee
Kenny H - - - - (visiting SoCal in October…. Maybe for a potential Ricktoberfest® II)
Jim K
Mark RicMic
Don B Fatcat
Tim Manta

> > > Still waiting to hear back from several of you ! ! ! < < <
Remember to bring sufficient Guitar Stands. I think we probably have enough volunteers now bringing guitar and bass amps for the Confluence. Thanks to all who volunteered on the amps !

And happily, this Mini Jam was also announced on the Rickenbacker Guitars (Official) Facebook page yesterday
http://www.facebook.com/ricguitars?ref=stream although we would point out this event is not an official company sponsored event.
Last edited by 8mileshigher on Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

I was just in SoCal, so it would seem a little redundant and expensive to go again.

Hope you guys have fun!
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Well, since I dont' have the funds to go to SCARF, if/when it happens, it's a given that I won't be able to make it to this Mini Jam either...
:(
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
8mileshigher

SoCalCon this year?

Post by 8mileshigher »

We've received confirmation from Vito attending and Vito's band's singer Tony is checking his availability and Diane RSVP'd on Facebook. :D Had some exchanges with some of the former Byrds Collective members and hope we'll see a few of them.

I guess we have to add CJ and Jake to the out-of-town folks in the "Regrets" column :(

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”