SoCalCon this year?

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

collin

Re: SoCalCon this year?

Post by collin »

sloop_john_b wrote:I remember you Jim! Welcome back! :D
jdogric12 wrote:My wife and I will be driving Route 66 Chicago to LA the last week of August. We'll be in LA the night of Sat Sept 1. If there is something that weekend it would be great to see you guys for dinner or something!
SLIGHT chance I'll be in LA that weekend too...

Woot!

That would be radical if both you dudes could make it out.

I'm not getting my hopes up....but just sayin. :)
4005player

Post by 4005player »

Yeah, if it's on for the last weekend in August, I'll make it there on Saturday, but Saturday only as I think the "Wings Over Camarillo" Air Show is also that weekend, and I plan on going to that on Sunday. Also, I'll be headed to the Hollywood Bowl both Friday and Saturday nights to see Diana Krall perform, as well as Santa Barbara on Sunday night.

During my extended absence from this forum, I learned how to fly a plane (the one positive thing), lost my entire immediate family (brother died 7/16/05 @ age 53, mother on 10/17/06 @ age 83, sister on 4/8/10 @ age 60, and my dad on March 5 of this year, @ age 91.5 years), lost my job of 7+ years last year from no fault of my own, had some nasty physical problems, and just lost my health insurance because the group coverage I'd had through my previous employer was cancelled because the person who took over the head of the school drove it straight into the ground....the school is now gone. Even though I'd been paying for health insurance for the past year, I, and everyone else who was still on the group policy was cancelled as of 6/30/12. :x :x :x :x !!!!

So, that explains what's been going on in my life since I was last here....not a fun time, and there's more to come....

I hope everyone here is doing ok!
Jim
collin

Post by collin »

Wow, Jim. That's a rough few years, sorry to hear it all.

Let's hope things are headed in the right direction from here, hope you can make it out whenever dates are set! :)
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

Jim, I hope your tribulations are now behind you and good things are in store for the future. :) Welcome back!
All I wanna do is rock!
fatcat
Intermediate Member

Post by fatcat »

collin wrote:
jdogric12 wrote:My wife and I will be driving Route 66 Chicago to LA the last week of August. We'll be in LA the night of Sat Sept 1. If there is something that weekend it would be great to see you guys for dinner or something!

Woot!

That would be radical if both you dudes could make it out.

I'm not getting my hopes up....but just sayin. :)
Well, I AM getting my hopes up!
4005player

Post by 4005player »

Thanks for the warm welcome back and good wishes....I appreciate it! It has indeed been a very trying time, and it's not over yet because I'm dealing with my dad's estate (for a while yet), which requires flying back and forth coast to coast on a monthly basis.

So, is there any more news on this SoCalCon possibility in a month?
Jim

ps - just found out the Wings over Camarillo Airshow is the weekend of Aug 18th and 19th, so if the SoCalCon will be on the following weekend, no worries :mrgreen:
8mileshigher

SoCalCon this year?

Post by 8mileshigher »

J-Dog and JB: Any update on you guys potential Southern Calif travel schedule(s) the end of this month, the Sept 1st weekend ? ?
Last edited by 8mileshigher on Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Well, unfortunately, for me it now doesn't matter when you guys plan on having it. We ended up having to replace our car (transmission died and it was just getting to old to fix it). So, all of the available "extra" money we had for a trip to So. Cal. ended up going to that...
:( :( :(
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
4005player

Post by 4005player »

CJ - sucks about your car, man!

So, any word from anyone about having/not having the SoCalCon this month?
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

4005player wrote:CJ - sucks about your car, man!

So, any word from anyone about having/not having the SoCalCon this month?
I think that our state of indecision has remained undecided ... :wink:
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

doctorwho wrote:I think that our state of indecision has remained undecided ... :wink:
That sums it up perfectly.

Sorry about your car CJ!
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
ken_j
RRF Consultant

Post by ken_j »

cjj wrote:Well, unfortunately, for me it now doesn't matter when you guys plan on having it. We ended up having to replace our car (transmission died and it was just getting to old to fix it). So, all of the available "extra" money we had for a trip to So. Cal. ended up going to that...
Wouldn't the new car be a bit more depndable for a trip? :mrgreen:
"The best things in life aren't things."
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

ken_j wrote:
cjj wrote:Well, unfortunately, for me it now doesn't matter when you guys plan on having it. We ended up having to replace our car (transmission died and it was just getting to old to fix it). So, all of the available "extra" money we had for a trip to So. Cal. ended up going to that...
Well yes, it would be MUCH more dependable! It's even more economical, but somehow it hasn't managed to create the extra cash in the bank to afford the trip...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

cjj wrote:
ken_j wrote:
Well yes, it would be MUCH more dependable! It's even more economical, but somehow it hasn't managed to create the extra cash in the bank to afford the trip...
Cars are not designed to do that.........
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

So I guess the new car is performing perfectly in that respect...
:mrgreen:

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”