Ricktoberfest® II - 10/20/12

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Ricktoberfest® II - 10/20/12

Post by rickenbrother »

Moderator edit: Please take note of the date change.

I know this is coming fast off a not quite so mini, but successful mini jam. However we will have a Ricktoberfest® II SCARF on Saturday October 20th, IF there is enough interest it will be at Malones, if there is less interest, it will be at Backline studios in Garden Grove.

Malone's may be our new spot for future jams that have good interest. The stage is very big, there is plenty of seating,people can get something to drink and we can have food. I spoke to the barmaid yesterday, she was very pleased with the bar intake for the event and that everyone drank responsibly and there were no jerks.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
s4001

Re: Ricktoberfest® II - 10/20/12

Post by s4001 »

"she was very pleased with the bar intake for the event and that everyone drank responsibly and there were no jerks."

We'll try harder next time.
coolingitdown
Intermediate Member

Post by coolingitdown »

I should have no problem coming out. I have no band to book, though.
s4001 wrote:"she was very pleased with the bar intake for the event and that everyone drank responsibly and there were no jerks."

:lol: :lol: :lol:
2010 4003 FG
1997 4003FL Turquoise
Set neck 4001S (color TBD)
bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

Nope, that's the one weekend before Thanksgiving when I can't make it. Damn. Long-standing family wedding plans. Well, maybe next year.
Author: "The Rickenbacker Electric Bass - 50 Years As Rock's Bottom"
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

coolingitdown wrote:I should have no problem coming out. I have no band to book, though.
s4001 wrote:"she was very pleased with the bar intake for the event and that everyone drank responsibly and there were no jerks."

:lol: :lol: :lol:
What he said. :lol: :lol: :lol:
There is no reason to ever be bored.

...why yes, I suppose I do have a double bound guitar fetish...

"Uh, I like the double bounds. . . ."
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

rickenbrother wrote:Malone's may be our new spot for future jams that have good interest. The stage is very big, there is plenty of seating,people can get something to drink and we can have food. I spoke to the barmaid yesterday, she was very pleased with the bar intake for the event and that everyone drank responsibly and there were no jerks.
Maybe it was a good thing I didn't go! :lol: How is the food at Malone's? What do they serve?

Dang it, school and budget! Since I already went to SoCal this year, I'm afraid I won't be going. :oops: :( Worse still, Two and a Half Men and Big Bang Theory are both having tapings that weekend/week. I'm certainly not complaining, though, I had a great time at Gary's!

After the enthusiasm leading up to last Saturday's jam, I believe there'll be plenty of interest for a SCARF '12/Ricktoberfest® II. I certainly know Jim Krause was holding out until he heard an official announcement...
kennyhowes
Veteran RRF member

Post by kennyhowes »

I'll be in SoCal in October...but not until the 14th.
collin

Post by collin »

rickenbrother wrote: I spoke to the barmaid yesterday, she was very pleased with the bar intake for the event and that everyone drank responsibly and there were no jerks.

Well...I tried my best to drink irresponsibly and be a complete jerk. Oh well.....next time. :oops:

Unfortunately next time won't be Oct 6th, I'm headed out of town on vacation that day. Have fun!
BuddyDog
Intermediate Member

Re: Possible Ricktoberfest® II

Post by BuddyDog »

I had a really great time at the Malone's J-Dog jam, but looks like I will not be able to make it in October :cry: .

Definitely a great venue for a jam. Huge stage, lots of seating, a great sound man (he spent a lot of time miking up 7 amps, plus bass and drums) and it sounded great in there.
2009 360/6 Fire-Glo 2009 360/12C63 FG 1975 4001 White/BT
Chords mangled, no waiting!
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Well, if we miss the mark with October 6th and can get a Possible Ricktoberfest® II somewhere else...(dare I say The Starting Gate, for which we'd need a PA and drum kit).

Moderator edit: Date changed to Saturday, October 20, 2012.
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

bassduke49 wrote:... Well, maybe next year.
And maybe with autographed copies of a certain book! :)
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

doctorwho wrote:
bassduke49 wrote:... Well, maybe next year.
And maybe with autographed copies of a certain book! :)
Yeah, maybe next year for me too... And I'll bring my copy of a certain book for an autograph!
8)
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Re: Possible Ricktoberfest® II

Post by rickenbrother »

Having to make the announcement on a holiday weekend with short notice and scrambling to have the notice of yes or no for the booking agent before this coming Thursday, keep it from progressing as it would to be successful so far. That leaves me to think if we do anything at all and it's not a Ricktoberfest® II, it might have to be a Rickenovember to Remember® instead, but not too close to Thanksgiving.
We'll see...
Danotron
Intermediate Member

Post by Danotron »

Or an early to mid December "It's the End of the World as We Know it" tribute to the Mayan Calendar jam.

We could go a little heavy on the REM :).

Unfortunately my band has a gig on the 6th so I don't think we could play. I could show up for the jam during the day if it does happen though.
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Dan, that would be fine with me.
Your band and Vito's band are among of the bands I really want there. Besides, this is an idea that the two of us came up with, so not having your band there, just wouldn't be right.

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”