MILWAUKEE CONFLUENCE 2013

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Re: MILWAUKEE CONFLUENCE 2013

Postby (bassduke49) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:02 pm

sloop_john_b wrote:
bassduke49 wrote:Glenn Wall


Glenn's been on the forum for 7 or 8 years. :lol:


Yeah, but "new" to me as I have unfortunately limited my "awareness" to the bass side of things! 8)
Author: "The Rickenbacker Electric Bass - 50 Years As Rock's Bottom"
User avatar
(bassduke49)
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6343
Joined: Wed May 14, 2003 6:00 am
Location: Cedarburg, WI, USA

Re: MILWAUKEE CONFLUENCE 2013

Postby (studiotwosession) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:32 pm

That's a newbie, and with (but one) bass :o

Enjoyed it much, Paul. Many thanks.
User avatar
(studiotwosession)
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 2215
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:36 pm

Re: MILWAUKEE CONFLUENCE 2013

Postby (jps) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:02 pm

bassduke49 wrote:
sloop_john_b wrote:
bassduke49 wrote:Glenn Wall


Glenn's been on the forum for 7 or 8 years. :lol:


Yeah, but "new" to me as I have unfortunately limited my "awareness" to the bass side of things! 8)

So, the book was a way to atone for your sins? :wink:
(Insert famous quote here)
User avatar
(jps)
RRF Consultant
 
Posts: 35918
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2003 7:00 am
Location: Not of this Earth

Re: MILWAUKEE CONFLUENCE 2013

Postby (bassduke49) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:56 pm

jps wrote:So, the book was a way to atone for your sins? :wink:



Yes, but it isn't meant to be of use by guitarists. Don't touch it. Don't even look at it. :lol:
Author: "The Rickenbacker Electric Bass - 50 Years As Rock's Bottom"
User avatar
(bassduke49)
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6343
Joined: Wed May 14, 2003 6:00 am
Location: Cedarburg, WI, USA

Re: MILWAUKEE CONFLUENCE 2013

Postby (cjj) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:05 pm

bassduke49 wrote:
jps wrote:So, the book was a way to atone for your sins? :wink:



Yes, but it isn't meant to be of use by guitarists. Don't touch it. Don't even look at it. :lol:

SHHHhhhhh! Don't give 'em any ideas! They might find out the secret!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
User avatar
(cjj)
RRF Moderator
 
Posts: 10802
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:17 pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: MILWAUKEE CONFLUENCE 2013

Postby (woodyng) » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:18 pm

clatter wrote:
Last quick note re: Oregon so as not to derail the thread: Sleepy towns with bigger, busy cities not far off sound ideal to us! We're thinking we might make a trip out in mid-August. I will let you know! Would love to grab a coffee or meal or something! Sort of like a confluence extension! :D


Looks like they made it! Amy emailed me through RRF and said they're gonna be in town later today,so I'm gonna show them around the bustling metropolis of Brookings. I don't know where we might find vegetarian fare,though.....
User avatar
(woodyng)
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4454
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:11 pm
Location: oregon coast

Re: MILWAUKEE CONFLUENCE 2013

Postby (johnallg) » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:30 pm

woodyng wrote:
clatter wrote:
Last quick note re: Oregon so as not to derail the thread: Sleepy towns with bigger, busy cities not far off sound ideal to us! We're thinking we might make a trip out in mid-August. I will let you know! Would love to grab a coffee or meal or something! Sort of like a confluence extension! :D


Looks like they made it! Amy emailed me through RRF and said they're gonna be in town later today,so I'm gonna show them around the bustling metropolis of Brookings. I don't know where we might find vegetarian fare,though.....

City park?...... :twisted: :lol: :lol:

Have a great time!
User avatar
(johnallg)
Rick-a-holic
 
Posts: 17688
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:13 pm

Re: MILWAUKEE CONFLUENCE 2013

Postby (clatter) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:09 pm

Woody treated us like royalty and gave us every detail about what it's like to live on the Oregon coast! He told us all the places we needed to visit, took us to the VIP room at an awesome local pub for dinner, and treated us to delicious baked goods and espresso from the farmer's market for breakfast.

All I can say is – we have been all over the world and met tons of people, but bass players are without a doubt the most amazing breed of people on the planet!!! :D
User avatar
(clatter)
New member
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:33 pm
Location: MO, USA

MILWAUKEE CONFLUENCE 2013

Postby (8mileshigher) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:12 pm

clatter wrote:Woody treated us like royalty and gave us every detail about what it's like to live on the Oregon coast! He told us all the places we needed to visit, took us to the VIP room at an awesome local pub for dinner, and treated us to delicious baked goods and espresso from the farmer's market for breakfast.

All I can say is – we have been all over the world and met tons of people, but bass players are without a doubt the most amazing breed of people on the planet!!! :D



Yep, you can meet some of the nicest folks on the RRF !! :)
User avatar
(8mileshigher)
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4817
Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 1:34 pm
Location: Los Angeles area, Calif, USA

Re: MILWAUKEE CONFLUENCE 2013

Postby (clatter) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:19 pm

8mileshigher wrote:
Yep, you can meet some of the nicest folks on the RRF !! :)


That's for sure! Nice on the forum AND in real life!
User avatar
(clatter)
New member
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:33 pm
Location: MO, USA

Re: MILWAUKEE CONFLUENCE 2013

Postby (woodyng) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:30 pm

Wow,thanks so much for the kind words,Amy. It was an absolute pleasure getting to meet and hang out with you and Joe. Come back when you can stay longer!
Maybe next time we can do a bit of jammin'!
User avatar
(woodyng)
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4454
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:11 pm
Location: oregon coast

Re: MILWAUKEE CONFLUENCE 2013

Postby (clatter) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:13 pm

Yes!! And I'll bring a suitcase big enough to stash one of your basses…hopefully you won't notice it's missing till after we're gone! Maybe if I bring enough Hellshire… :twisted:
User avatar
(clatter)
New member
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:33 pm
Location: MO, USA

Re: MILWAUKEE CONFLUENCE 2013

Postby (johnallg) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:37 pm

clatter wrote:Woody treated us like royalty and gave us every detail about what it's like to live on the Oregon coast! He told us all the places we needed to visit, took us to the VIP room at an awesome local pub for dinner, and treated us to delicious baked goods and espresso from the farmer's market for breakfast.

All I can say is – we have been all over the world and met tons of people, but bass players are without a doubt the most amazing breed of people on the planet!!! :D

Yup, we are bass-ically nice people. :lol:
User avatar
(johnallg)
Rick-a-holic
 
Posts: 17688
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:13 pm

Re: MILWAUKEE CONFLUENCE 2013

Postby (woodyng) » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:46 pm

clatter wrote:Yes!! And I'll bring a suitcase big enough to stash one of your basses…hopefully you won't notice it's missing till after we're gone! Maybe if I bring enough Hellshire… :twisted:


Oh yes!!! That Hellshire stout was just incredible....!
User avatar
(woodyng)
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4454
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:11 pm
Location: oregon coast

Re: MILWAUKEE CONFLUENCE 2013

Postby (T.A.R.) » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:16 am

This whole thread is just one of the reasons I love this place. 8)
User avatar
(T.A.R.)
Intermediate Member
 
Posts: 1406
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:39 am
Location: Rhode Island, USA

Previous

Return to Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests