MILWAUKEE CONFLUENCE 2013

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

bassduke49

Re: MILWAUKEE CONFLUENCE 2013

Post by bassduke49 »

sloop_john_b wrote:
bassduke49 wrote:Glenn Wall
Glenn's been on the forum for 7 or 8 years. :lol:
Yeah, but "new" to me as I have unfortunately limited my "awareness" to the bass side of things! 8)
Author: "The Rickenbacker Electric Bass - 50 Years As Rock's Bottom"
studiotwosession
Advanced Member

Post by studiotwosession »

That's a newbie, and with (but one) bass :o

Enjoyed it much, Paul. Many thanks.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

bassduke49 wrote:
sloop_john_b wrote:
bassduke49 wrote:Glenn Wall
Glenn's been on the forum for 7 or 8 years. :lol:
Yeah, but "new" to me as I have unfortunately limited my "awareness" to the bass side of things! 8)
So, the book was a way to atone for your sins? :wink:
bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

jps wrote:So, the book was a way to atone for your sins? :wink:

Yes, but it isn't meant to be of use by guitarists. Don't touch it. Don't even look at it. :lol:
Author: "The Rickenbacker Electric Bass - 50 Years As Rock's Bottom"
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

bassduke49 wrote:
jps wrote:So, the book was a way to atone for your sins? :wink:

Yes, but it isn't meant to be of use by guitarists. Don't touch it. Don't even look at it. :lol:
SHHHhhhhh! Don't give 'em any ideas! They might find out the secret!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

clatter wrote:
Last quick note re: Oregon so as not to derail the thread: Sleepy towns with bigger, busy cities not far off sound ideal to us! We're thinking we might make a trip out in mid-August. I will let you know! Would love to grab a coffee or meal or something! Sort of like a confluence extension! :D
Looks like they made it! Amy emailed me through RRF and said they're gonna be in town later today,so I'm gonna show them around the bustling metropolis of Brookings. I don't know where we might find vegetarian fare,though.....
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

woodyng wrote:
clatter wrote:
Last quick note re: Oregon so as not to derail the thread: Sleepy towns with bigger, busy cities not far off sound ideal to us! We're thinking we might make a trip out in mid-August. I will let you know! Would love to grab a coffee or meal or something! Sort of like a confluence extension! :D
Looks like they made it! Amy emailed me through RRF and said they're gonna be in town later today,so I'm gonna show them around the bustling metropolis of Brookings. I don't know where we might find vegetarian fare,though.....
City park?...... :twisted: :lol: :lol:

Have a great time!
clatter

Post by clatter »

Woody treated us like royalty and gave us every detail about what it's like to live on the Oregon coast! He told us all the places we needed to visit, took us to the VIP room at an awesome local pub for dinner, and treated us to delicious baked goods and espresso from the farmer's market for breakfast.

All I can say is – we have been all over the world and met tons of people, but bass players are without a doubt the most amazing breed of people on the planet!!! :D
8mileshigher

MILWAUKEE CONFLUENCE 2013

Post by 8mileshigher »

clatter wrote:Woody treated us like royalty and gave us every detail about what it's like to live on the Oregon coast! He told us all the places we needed to visit, took us to the VIP room at an awesome local pub for dinner, and treated us to delicious baked goods and espresso from the farmer's market for breakfast.

All I can say is – we have been all over the world and met tons of people, but bass players are without a doubt the most amazing breed of people on the planet!!! :D

Yep, you can meet some of the nicest folks on the RRF !! :)
clatter

Post by clatter »

8mileshigher wrote:
Yep, you can meet some of the nicest folks on the RRF !! :)
That's for sure! Nice on the forum AND in real life!
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

Wow,thanks so much for the kind words,Amy. It was an absolute pleasure getting to meet and hang out with you and Joe. Come back when you can stay longer!
Maybe next time we can do a bit of jammin'!
clatter

Post by clatter »

Yes!! And I'll bring a suitcase big enough to stash one of your basses…hopefully you won't notice it's missing till after we're gone! Maybe if I bring enough Hellshire… :twisted:
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

clatter wrote:Woody treated us like royalty and gave us every detail about what it's like to live on the Oregon coast! He told us all the places we needed to visit, took us to the VIP room at an awesome local pub for dinner, and treated us to delicious baked goods and espresso from the farmer's market for breakfast.

Yup, we are bass-ically nice people. :lol:
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

clatter wrote:Yes!! And I'll bring a suitcase big enough to stash one of your basses…hopefully you won't notice it's missing till after we're gone! Maybe if I bring enough Hellshire… :twisted:
Oh yes!!! That Hellshire stout was just incredible....!
T.A.R.
Intermediate Member

Post by T.A.R. »

This whole thread is just one of the reasons I love this place. 8)

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”