MILWAUKEE CONFLUENCE 2013

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

jps
RRF Consultant

Re: MILWAUKEE CONFLUENCE 2013

Post by jps »

Take some time and drive out, Woody.
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

Hmmmm,it's a little under 4000 miles roundtrip :shock: ......nope,it would have to be air travel,i'm saving those kind of road trips for when i retire,and i need to fill up time.... :wink:
bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

So, we're about a month away. Can I get a headcount? Even if you're just "thinking" about coming?

Don't forget, attendees will be the given first crack at purchasing many of the basses from the "Forest." And I'll be on hand to autograph books (I'll have them for sale, too).

Hoping we can have a great Rick bass reunion (yeah, you guys with the guitars are welcome, too)!
Author: "The Rickenbacker Electric Bass - 50 Years As Rock's Bottom"
Len

Post by Len »

I'm in.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

If all goes as planned, we are in. 8)
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

Unfortunately Irene and I will be on vacation at Lake Michigan. Maybe I can swim across?! :lol:
bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

Take the ferry, John. There's a slow one, and a fast one. They ain't cheap, but they're a great ride. If you take the fast one out of Muskegon, just go as a pedestrian and I'll come pick you up at the dock in Milwuakee. Seriously.

http://www.lake-express.com/
86kubicki
Advanced Member

Post by 86kubicki »

I'd still love to go, but waiting to see if my band is playing a festival that weekend.
teeder

Post by teeder »

I going to try. I have a customer up the road from you and could make it a "business" trip! :mrgreen:
86kubicki
Advanced Member

Post by 86kubicki »

Gig confirmed for that weekend. Sorry Paul, I'd love to make it (and maybe take crack at that 4003SG :) ), but it's unfortunately not in the cards.
bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

Sorry you won't be coming, Steve. Don't worry, I'm keeping the SG 4003 . . . for now. 8)
86kubicki
Advanced Member

Post by 86kubicki »

Well if you ever change your mind, you know who to call! :)
bassduke49

Post by bassduke49 »

It's this coming weekend and I wanted to update everyone on the event. We'll set up Friday afternoon starting at 5pm. We're in the basement community room at Water Stone Bank, 6560 South 27th Street, Oak Creek, Wisconsin (just south of Milwaukee). I need to point out that it is important that we do not interfere with banking business, so if you find you need directions or want to get in earlier than our reserved hours, please contact ME and don't bother the folks at the bank. For those who attended two years ago, it's the same site!

Event hours:
Friday, 19 July, 6pm-10pm (might break for supper)
Saturday, 20 July, 1pm-9pm (supper break in there)
Sunday, 21 July, 10am-5pm (or earlier if everyone disappears)

I would like to personally hear from everyone planning to attend; no need to RSVP if you won't be coming, but I hope you will. I don't have a smart phone, and although I can read text messages, I likely can't send them; better for me to call you back. E-mails will be good up to Friday noon, but I don't have e-mail going to my dumb phone, so . . . . Contact me by PM or e-mail to receive my phone number, please.

Another important item about using the facility: I have to be there at all times when the room is open, so if we break for a meal, I gotta get everyone out and lock 'er up. So if you show up and the doors are locked, call me.

When you come into the front entrance of the bank, hang a right inside the outer lobby and head downstairs. There's also an elevator, useful for totting bunches of guitars.

I know we're going to have at least 20 Rick basses there at the minimum; my 20, plus anything you may want to bring in. I'll have two small amps there, but there is no formal jam session. Even so, I expect spontaneous music. If you bring instruments, please bring stands for each.

Looks like Saturday will be the busiest day. My wife, Dorothy, will be there and will be glad to offer alternate activities for folks who may not want to gaze at guitars all day (now who wouldn't want to do that?) I hope that Tonya Limberg, the graphic artist who designed the book cover and timeline/family tree will be there. And a celebrity: Amy Humphrey and her husband, Joe Hayes (Clatter), are hoping to come (but I can't promise), and I hope to see North Coast Music's Gary Hahlbeck sometime, too.

If you don't already have your copy, I will be selling my book all through the event (while supply lasts), and I'll be glad to sign any copy.

Bass sale: I'll be selling 16 of my basses starting at the Confluence. First person up with cash (or PayPal) or check (if I know you) can take 'em away. For more on the sale, go to www.rickresource.com/forum, (you'll need to be registered to view the sale) and search for "Clear Cut". There you will see photos, descriptions, and price of each one for sale. This is not a closeout -- I don't "need" to sell them, so I won't be considering lower offers. What doesn't sell will be released for sale on the Forum, and eventually eBay.

I'm really looking forward to this culmination of the book adventure; getting the book into your hands and meeting with friends -- old and new! Hope to see you soon!
clatter

Post by clatter »

We've reserved our hotel room! Looks like we'll (hopefully) be making the trip up! Don't know if I'm more excited about all the basses or the cooler weather… :D
clatter

Post by clatter »

And as far as me being a celebrity…not so sure about that!!! :shock:

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”